What's new

FIVE INDUSTRIAL ESTATES UPGRADE UNDER CPEC

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
china-pakistan.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The federal government has upgraded five industrial estates as special economic zones under China-Pakistan Economic Corridor programme.

These include Multan Industrial Estate phase-II, Rahim Yar Industrial Estate, Bhalwal Industrial Estate and Mianwali, Rawalpindi and Dera Ghazi Khan industrial estates,reported Radio Pakistan.

Punjab Industrial Estates Development and Management Company Chairman S M Tanveer said in Lahore that the upgradation of these industrial estates will create more than one 150,000 jobs and bring billions of rupees investment.

Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2016

CPEC Should be well-planned with clear and broader prospective,else we as a nation not only letting down our great brother China expectation , but every optimistic Pakistani hopes too..:pakistan: :china:

This project should be placed above higher than Our personal likes and dislikes.Warna KalaBagh is an ideal example of our Success Stories....:undecided: :angel:

why after watching daily KPK Baluchistan statements i am start thinking CPEC will be another kala bagh dam

why after watching daily KPK Baluchistan statements i am start thinking CPEC will be another kala bagh dam
Punjab centric approach,ignoring the ground realities, opaque decision making main causes as for as I am concerned.

That's what surprises me ALL the freaking time, from Gen. Zia's time when I used to hear from then leaders about the Kala Bag. It doesn't make sense how a nation puts their personal agendas way above the national interest!! But since this time, the civil and the military leaders are working together, chances of this CPEC becoming a reality are about 95%, plus add the Chinese working on the project. They work like a military, they are ordered to build and that's what they'll build. No red tape!

Punjab centric approach,ignoring the ground realities, opaque decision making main causes as for as I am concerned.

There isn't a Punjab centrist approach. The KPK has threatened the route to be blocked and other threats (typical IK style threats), so if you were China, how would you react as you are putting so many billions of $$$$ with a really troubled economy??

Would you put your life savings into a business where the owner or the political leaders threaten you that they'll block your business, which will ruin your life savings? NO, hell you won't invest a dime. This is over $ 40 billion we are talking about......so pissing off and scaring the Chinese means they'll do whatever route changes they have to, to safeguard their investments!!!!

Now add the Baluchi nationals to this, they are being paid to speak against it. Which you should go figure out why? The MOST benefit like 75%, goes to Baluchistan. No matter where the road goes and comes from.

Not to mention that this will turn Baluchistan into having probably the MOST industrial cities in Pakistan (in the next few years), as all traffic will be trans-country and people would want to have their business closer to this route, to save shipping costs and target a much larger market by road and by sea. So it makes no sense to oppose something so beneficial for Baluchistan. But hey, that's Pakistan's leaders for you, all these decades, getting paid from the outside and damaging the inside!!

unless china gets its road why would it invest in other projects?

China wants to move a chunk of manufacturing, assembly and packaging into Pakistan for multiple reasons: one, due to its aging population. Two, the cost of living going higher so Pakistan would be cheaper, and three, being so close to Gawader and connecting through rail, and by road links to Afghanistan and to the Central Russian states, it makes sense to move part of the manufacturing, assembly and packaging of some businesses into Pakistan.

So, for that to happen, they will start to invest into other industrial and free trade zones now, so by the time the CPEC highway system goes live, they have the entire support structure, trained people and all available also, and the route completion and the product manufacturing and assembly work can start simultaneously :enjoy:

Last edited:
@Viper0011. Go check on project detail 1st then make up your mind whether CPEC is transparent or an opaque project.
At initial stage project worth 28.6 Billion dollar will be invested in Punjab Province in rail,road and power sector, whereas Province of Sindh will have 2nd most share of 4.6 billion dollar,K-p-K will obtain project of worth 1.9 Billion Dollar and Gilgit-Baltistan and Baluchistan would have a share of 0.92 billion dollar each and rest of few would be divided among Islamabad and Azad-Kashmir region..

In project like CPEC ,govt should asset less developed Province to obtain max, economic growth so, that sense of brotherhood,equality and happiness prevails.

Simple divide Punjab in Saraiki, Punjab and Pothohar provinces... no one will say a single thing...

Be assured, China will get what it wants from Pakistan.
unless ik and his dogs co-operate there well could be some hurdles, everybody knows what they did to stop nato trucks... which in turn helped talibs and in turn we got our children's head blown off in broad day light how very fantastic of him...

Back
Top Bottom