What's new

First US Pakistani for Congress

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
First US Pakistani for Congress | Great American Dream | From a Punjabi Village to Washington

More Pakistanis in Congress can influence US domestic and foreign policy in a way that would help their domestic constituency as well as Pakistan. Dr Asif Mahmood, Pakistani American, is running for US Congress from California. He is one of the top races in the country that the Democratic party has identified as a potential Red to Blue seat. This is the first time a Pakistani has reached this far in the US corridors of Power. He talks with Najma Minhas, Editor Global Village Space Magazine & explains why the Pakistani community has not been politically active, what it needs to do to break into the US political system and the benefits for future generations.

Introduction: 00:00
Journey from Pakistan to USA: 00:45
What inspired you to join politics: 02:36
Why so few Pakistani Americans in US politics: 06:15
Pakistanis not integrating into mainstream society: 07:13
Pakistani community not working as a team to get results: 10:00
How many Pakistanis in your district: 10:40
What drove your initial record funding:
12:47
Role of Roe vs Wade in elections: 16:06
What is the Red to Blue program: 16:58
What are the general issues the Pakistani community face: 18:39
Improving relations between Pakistan and USA: 23:05
How can Pakistai community help: 24:20

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @White and Green with M/S @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @Great Janjua @VCheng

@VCheng I shouldn't comment much on the US's domestic politics but do you think that the Republican supporters would have backed a brown Muslim man like him?

Of course. All politics is local, as is often said, and skin color or religion take a backseat to the local politics of just about every district.

I hope this good Dr succeeded s , and helps his Pakistanis community even though he’s not getting help from them that’s sad

Nothing to gloat about…..he’s in the usa. Not sure why its news.
He lives there and can do anything.

This guy is a clown, he's not getting anywhere close to a US Congressional seat.

Of course. All politics is local, as is often said, and skin color or religion take a backseat to the local politics of just about every district.
Anti-Muslim rhetoric has been the forefront narrative of the Republicans so it wouldn't make sense for him to join such a party. Also, can you explain why you find Republicans better than Democrats?

This guy is a clown, he's not getting anywhere close to a US Congressional seat.
Care to explain why you find him a clown?

Disagree - you need an urban district to achieve that.
Try the same in AR or AK or IN or Interior Texas with their trumpland hyped anti-muslim ideals.

Nothing to gloat about…..he’s in the usa. Not sure why its news.
He lives there and can do anything.
Probably not for frogs inside a well.

Anti-Muslim rhetoric has been the forefront narrative of the Republicans so it wouldn't make sense for him to join such a party. Also, can you explain why you find Republicans better than Democrats?

To be brief, I find Republican policies, on the whole, better from my point of view. The rhetoric in the media is not a good way to judge politics and the resultant policies.

To be brief, I find Republican policies, on the whole, better from my point of view. The rhetoric in the media is not a good way to judge politics and the resultant policies.
Agreed - if not for the damage from Trumpland, republican policies have been more pragmatic from a realpolitik perspective versus the cancel culture fuelled dems.

Disagree - you need an urban district to achieve that.
Try the same in AR or AK or IN or Interior Texas with their trumpland hyped anti-muslim ideals.

Of course you can have a different opinion. As I said above, rhetoric is not a good way to judge actual policies.

Agreed - if not for the damage from Trumpland, republican policies have been more pragmatic from a realpolitik perspective versus the cancel culture fuelled dems.

The coming midterms will be crucial in determining whether the country is ready to move on from Trump, 2024 will be the real test. My guess is DeSantis against whoever the Democrats put up.

Back
Top Bottom