What's new

first Mine Protected Vehicle to Jharkhand Police's

kingofkings

Reaction score
Built and tested to withstand the highest level of blast and ballistic damage, the 6x6 MPVI is ideally suited for anti-terrorist and anti-Naxal operations

jharkhand1_560x420.jpg

Security forces in Jharkhand recently recovered 17 landmines in the state’s Giridih district during a search operation in a neighbouring forest of the region. This is among numerous other reports that mushroom day after day, making Jharkhand one of the most dangerous Maoist inflicted regions in the country.

jharkhandmpvi_1_560x420.jpg

And while, the State and Central Reserve Police Forces are doing their best to curb violence and civil unrest in these volatile areas, the threat to civilians due to the presence of countless land mines planted in the region is constant.

To better tackle this adversity, one of the country’s premier private defence manufacturing companies, DLSI, that specializes in the production of Mine Protected Vehicles in country now passes on its golden spear to the Jharkhand Police.

An all new Mine Protected Vehicle for India (MPV –I) is Defense Land Systems India’s (DLSI) answer to Jharkhand’s life threatening land mines. A joint venture company of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and BAE Systems, DLSI is one of the leaders in armouring light vehicles in India.

Having already supplied bullet resistant light vehicles like the Rakshak, Marksman, Scorpio Uparmoured and Riot Intervention Vehicles to the Army, Para Military Forces and Police Forces in the country time and again, the new MPV-I from DLSI is one that has surely been built to endure and survive anti-terrorist / anti-naxal operations in the state of Jharkhand.

Speaking at DLSI’s hand over of its new Mine Protected Vehicle to the Jharkhand Police, Brig Khutub Hai, MD & CEO, Defence Land Systems India (DLSI) said, “This is a proud moment for DLSI as this is the first such vehicle of its kind indigenously manufactured by the private sector industry being delivered to the Police Forces in the country. I assure the ADGP, Jharkhand Police that the MPV-I will meet all the stated parameters and we hope it will greatly enhance the operational effectiveness of the Police forces in Naxal affected areas of the country.”

DLSI has handed over six of its MPV-I to the Jharkhand forces, and additionally will also take charge of training a fleet of drivers and mechanics with the state police force

Mahindra DLSI Mine Protected Vehicle- India : Quick Facts!

The new MPV-I vehicle combines excellent Ballistic and Blast Protection capabilities.
Incorporating a 'V' shaped mono hull chassis, which directs the force of the blast away from the occupants, this hulk of a machine has been tested to withstand a high degree of damage from blasts and bullet firing.
In addition to the enhanced protection, the 6x6 vehicle has a powerful engine that provides rugged mobility to its passengers making it ideally suited for anti-terrorist and anti-Naxal operations.
Serial production of DLSI’s Mine Protected Vehicle (MPV-I) will take place at its state of the art factory at Prithla, near Faridabad which has a present installed capacity of 100 MPV-I per annum.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/mahindras-dlsi-presents-first-mine-protected-vehicle-to-jharkhand-polices/9349/1

look nice but a qes rise in my mind if its hit anti tank mine tyres must be blast am i right?

look nice but a qes rise in my mind if its hit anti tank mine tyres must be blast am i right?

This test was carried out with over 20kg of HE, more than Maoists have ever used. This is a quality product.

Hopefully the CRPF/paramilitires operating in Naxal hit area follow down the same lines as the OFB MPVs have done well but certain flaws have been exposed recently. Also I hope the vehicle is inducted in large numbers in these areas so all/most road journeys are conducted using such beasts. This would DRAMATICALLY reduce personell casualties which have occurred because of IEDs under roads.

+ maybe the IA would also be interested for J&K where they currently operate the latest OFB MPV with RCWP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! This was badly needed, nevertheless now that it is delivered to the Jharkhand Police hope it is put to use.

Back
Top Bottom