What's new

First case registered under Women’s Protection Act

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
first-case-registered-under-women-s-protection-act-1456824301-1878.jpg

LAHORE – The first case under the Protection of Women against Violence law was registered on Tuesday by a woman after the Punjab governor had signed the bill.

On Monday, Punjab Governor Rafiq Rajwana had signed the Protection of Women against Violence bill, thereby making it into a law. The first case was registered under the new law by a woman.

According to details, Basra Bibi from Lahore filed a case against her husband for allegedly threatening and assaulting her. This is the first case that has been registered under the Protection of Women against Violence Bill.

The bill – which guarantees women safety against torture and violence in domestic disputes – had been the object of much controversy when it was passed by the Punjab Assembly last month. As per the bill (which has now become a law) a man can be banished from home for two days if he assaults his wife and would also be required to wear a tracker.

The bill also prohibits torture of wives and forbids her from being expunged from the house, in case of a confrontation with her husband. After the bill had been passed by the Punjab Assembly, a fierce debate had ensued between conservative and liberal elements.

Some saw the bill as a landmark document that guaranteed women freedom and rights. However, others saw it as a bill that subjugated the rights of men, with JUI-F Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman stating that he would campaign for the rights of husbands.

First case registered under Women’s Protection Act

How do authorities determined if the allegation of assault is true or not?

And are husbands made to leave their houses just due to allegation of assault or after conviction?

I only see women rights bill making things even worse for women in society and everybody else.

Soon we will be watching Imam and Mullah roaming around the streets with those GPS bracelet lol
some people on PDF might be very pissed off right now hahahahahaha i love it

How do authorities determined if the allegation of assault is true or not?

And are husbands made to leave their houses just due to allegation of assault or after conviction?

I only see women rights bill making things even worse for women in society and everybody else.

The Punjab Protection of Women against Violence Bill, which has 31 clauses, provides a system for complaint registration as well as penalties for offenders.

Under the law, a Family Court would fix hearing within seven days from receipt of the complaint.

The defendant will have to show cause in court in the same week. All complaints would be decided within 90 days from the day of the receipt.

JI follows JUI-F on Women Protection Act

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filing a false complaint or levelling false accusations can be pushable by upto three months in jail and or a fine of between Rs50,000 to Rs100,000.

Punjab Governor approves “Protection of Women against violence Bill 2015” - Daily Pakistan Global

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every revolutionary movement gets resistance. There was a time in the U.S where women were NOT equal to men and eventually the ERA (Equal Right Amendment) got passed and changed everything

Patriarchal societies in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Arab countries should stop using religion and putting everything in their terms of conditions. They have created massive issues in the world we are facing today such as tribalism and terrorism. And the fact that 50% of their populations consists of women, they have NOT encouraged their participation in nation building and thus meeting potential for thriving economy.

Last edited:
This is not progress. This will destroy the family unit just like giving too much power to women to get a divorce under Musharraf rule had done.

If the intention is honest, there should be safeguards in the law that not protect women but also avoid abuse of this law.

The Punjab Protection of Women against Violence Bill, which has 31 clauses, provides a system for complaint registration as well as penalties for offenders.

Under the law, a Family Court would fix hearing within seven days from receipt of the complaint.

The defendant will have to show cause in court in the same week. All complaints would be decided within 90 days from the day of the receipt.

JI follows JUI-F on Women Protection Act

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filing a false complaint or levelling false accusations can be pushable by upto three months in jail and or a fine of between Rs50,000 to Rs100,000.

Punjab Governor approves “Protection of Women against violence Bill 2015” - Daily Pakistan Global

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every revolutionary movement gets resistance. There was a time in the U.S where women were NOT equal to men and eventually the ERA (Equal Right Amendment) got passed and changed everything

Patriarchal societies in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Arab countries should stop using religion and putting everything in their terms of conditions. They have created massive issues in the world we are facing today such as tribalism and terrorism. And the fact that 50% of their populations consists of women, they have NOT encouraged their participation in nation building and thus meeting potential for thriving economy.

Btw incase of wrong allegation how woman will pay the fine. when majority of them just stay at home.

isn't hilarious.

Btw incase of wrong allegation how woman will pay the fine. when majority of them just stay at home.

isn't hilarious.

Well if they don't have money then they will have to spend time in jail. Its as simple as that :D

If someone hits his wife, then that family is already broken and the wife is probably living in the house only as a servant. Being married to a woman does not give you any right to hit her, think of that woman as your sister/daughter.

This is not progress. This will destroy the family unit just like giving too much power to women to get a divorce under Musharraf rule had done.

If the intention is honest, there should be safeguards in the law that not protect women but also avoid abuse of this law.

If someone hits his wife, then that family is already broken and the wife is probably living in the house only as a servant. Being married to a woman does not give you any right to hit her, think of that woman as your sister/daughter.
Then you can imagine how will b the life of their children whose mother spend life in jail in out society.

So i think without awareness there are more chances thats this law will create more issues for the families.

Fights do happen, doesnt mean family is broke up. Seems you dont know about pakistan much.

There is a big difference between verbal fight and beating. Women are about 50% of total population and there is nothing wrong with legislation to protect them from savage men. Normal people do not need to worry or oppose this act. I guess the people opposing this act might be the ones affected by this law.

Then you can imagine how will b the life of their children whose mother spend life in jail in out society.

So i think without awareness there are more chances thats this law will create more issues for the families.

Fights do happen, doesnt mean family is broke up. Seems you dont know about pakistan much.

pls someone answer my one question only on legal ground not on Islamic grounds
if i kill some one does this revokes my right to own a property? i can still collect rent , sell it or decide who lives on my property while i am in jail and after my time in jail can still reside in that property.if a capital crime can't take this right away then how the hell can this law take it away?.even if it is for 1 second.
no matter what i do no state can tell me to leave my own private property unless they arrest me and even after that i reserve the legal right to throw out who ever i deem fit.
give females all the protection you want but not on male's expense
and before some one say that i am a mullah let me be clear i hate them as much as you guys if not more.
@pak-marine @rockstar08 @Gamer-X

Last edited:
There is a big difference between verbal fight and beating. Women are about 50% of total population and there is nothing wrong with legislation to protect them from savage men. Normal people do not need to worry or oppose this act. I guess the people opposing this act might be the ones affected by this law.

This law treats the genders differently. That is enough reason to ask for the law to be amended. Simply said, two crimes committed with similar intents and similar outcomes should result in the same punishment, without regard to the gender of the perpetrator or the victim. This is lacking, hence one reason to question this law. I don't care if 100% of women are affected by a crime and only 0.0001% of men are affected by that same crime.

This law even accounts for "emotional, psychological" violence as something that only happens to women. There can be no reasonable argument made for that claim, especially since it's not backed by any studies. I find it hard to believe that even in Pakistan women do not perpetrate a large minority of that particular act, if not the majority.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom