What's new

Finally 3G policy has been approved

I thought with the launch of communication satellite we will see some revolution in telecom industry but so far nothing has happened.

Ipadphonepodpaid.jpg

^ yeah just like that :lol:

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Why pakistan is downgrading??????

few days back a Indian newbee have started a thread in the PDF about why pakistan don't have 3G in that thread most of the pakistanis were trolling and saying that because we have 4G and we are superior to India etc, etc. and what not.

What happen to that??????

You can't have the cake and eat it too. :no:

you were having bad dream boy, Go back to sleep.

Prime Minister Approves 3G Policy in Pakistan

296573-primeministeryousafrazagilaniGPHOTOPID-1322072066-926-640x480_thumb.jpg

via ExpressTribune

Means it will take another 3 years for 3G services to be started in Pakistan because something same happened in India. First there would be spectrum auction, then companies would take another 2 years to build Infrastructure for the system.

Means it will take another 3 years for 3G services to be started in Pakistan because something same happened in India. First there would be spectrum auction, then companies would take another 2 years to build Infrastructure for the system.

i dont think , companies are already in a position to launch the 3G service with in 1 year or so of spectrum auction.

The installation of equipments has already completed. The testing has been already done in specific cities, they're into the optimization phase now - and will soon be launched for public. It could be anytime between March - June 2012.

The installation of equipments has already completed. The testing has been already done in specific cities, they're into the optimization phase now - and will soon be launched for public. It could be anytime between March - June 2012.

Then it is nice. Then it will take another 1.5 years I suppose. Government has to take NOC from Pakistan Army for releasing some Spectrum. After that there would be Spectrum Allocation which would be a lengthy bidding process.

In India all big Brands like Airtel, Vodafone, TATA-Docomo and Reliance spent too much in buying the spectrum and it took them another 1.5-2 years even though Vodafone and Docomo already have too much experience regarding 3G in their respective home countries.

Then it is nice. Then it will take another 1.5 years I suppose. Government has to take NOC from Pakistan Army for releasing some Spectrum. After that there would be Spectrum Allocation which would be a lengthy bidding process.

Just couldnt help smiling on mention of PA. You guys love to drag them into everything, dont you :azn:

Just couldnt help smiling on mention of PA. You guys love to drag them into everything, dont you :azn:

I told you something else and you understood something else.:cheesy: Many of army's equipment working bandwidth overlap with 3G bandwidth. So, Army has to consulted which bandwidth they don't need and which bandwidth Army will possess for their equipment after all National security should also be considered. I am not here to insult your PA. Also bandwidth is limited so only few telecom company will get so. In India only 3 Telecom companies got Bandwidth per circle(there are 18 circles in India) when there are 6-7 major mobile companies.

And this will all cause delays, that's it.

I told you something else and you understood something else.:cheesy: Many of army's equipment working bandwidth overlap with 3G bandwidth. So, Army has to consulted which bandwidth they don't need and which bandwidth Army will possess for their equipment after all National security should also be considered. I am not here to insult your PA. Also bandwidth is limited so only few telecom company will get so. In India only 3 Telecom companies got Bandwidth per circle(there are 18 circles in India) when there are 6-7 major mobile companies.

And this will all cause delays, that's it.

Yes. I am sure its a standard procedure for every country to see whats being already used. I am sure India also consulted its armed forces before auctioning off 3G bandwidth/spectrum/frequency. The point was you didnt have to mention it explicitly. Its part of SOP for these kinds of things.

Yes. I am sure its a standard procedure for every country to see whats being already used. I am sure India also consulted its armed forces before auctioning off 3G bandwidth/spectrum/frequency. The point was you didnt have to mention it explicitly. Its part of SOP for these kinds of things.

Yes, Army took their time in deciding, then auction took their time and generated $21.5 Billion for Indian government and then Tata-Docomo started service in another 6 months but two main mobile service provider Airtel and Vodafone took another 4-5 months after TATA-Docomo. Most of the Telecom company spend too much to get 3G bandwidth.

I think Pakistan may also have to wait for another 1-1.5 years to have their 3G services on their phone if your government act fast.

great..so when the world has rolled out 4G...all the retired 3G junk will now be dumped in Pakistan!

great..so when the world has rolled out 4G...all the retired 3G junk will now be dumped in Pakistan!

You have no idea about 3G technology :disagree:

It totally depend on consumers, even after a year of 3G launch in India most people still using 2G cause its cheap.

2G...3G.. 4G every thing is same only difference is bandwidth .

And for introducing 4G first you need 3G infrastructural. In India only 20 to 25% sites are upgraded those can handle that much data and bandwidth (And I am only talking about big players like Bharti, Voda, Idea, Relience, let leave others they are using less then 10-15% )

Yo 3G here in india suck...they are all crap plans here man......hope you guys get better plans and truly enjoy 3G.even "broadband" if you can call it that in india sucks big time....some of the plans i have seen on pakistan for broadband is truly great for the price.....why cant the indian ISP's offer such plans here i wonder? except for people living in big cities in india people like me are still waiting to see what this broadband feels like lol.

And for introducing 4G first you need 3G infrastructural. In India only 20 to 25% sites are upgraded those can handle that much data and bandwidth (And I am only talking about big players like Bharti, Voda, Idea, Relience, let leave others they are using less then 10-15% )

BS i have 3G in ma village from BSNL....compared to BSNL no other cos you mention have that much 3G coverage.There is not even one good plan in 3G that is affordable and they are already talking about 4G huh? .

Back
Top Bottom