What's new

Fight Club

I have beaten up a karate trained guy black and blue. Not joking.

Then you met a poorly trained guy...Martial arts is an art & it needs to be taught properly...And also most of the MMA fighters are trained in one or more form of Martial art...

Then you met a poorly trained guy...Martial arts is an art & it needs to be taught properly...And also most of the MMA fighters are trained in one or more form of Martial art...

If he was trained poorly or not I do not know. I did not ask what belt he was, who his master was, which his dojo was, and what style he was learning, before or while I was kicking his a.ss. Later on someone in college told me that he was a karate expert and how I beat him that's how I know. Fighting is not about fancy techniques. It is about jigar and gote.
@STEELMAN I have done kushti for 10 years at our akhada in thana bihpur. I can twist any puncher into submission.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was trained poorly or not I do not know. I did not ask what belt he was, who his master was, which his dojo was, and what style he was learning, before or while I was kicking his a.ss. Later on someone in college told me that he was a karate expert and how I beat him that's how I know. Fighting is not about fancy techniques. It is about jigar and gote.
@STEELMAN I have done kushti for 10 years at our akhada in thana bihpur. I can twist any puncher into submission.

Its not just about Jigar only...& yes its about technique also...Should I tell you that I have fought at International level & have beaten an undisputed Black Belt from another country black & blue when I was only a White belt & the reason was not just Jigar but also a good Technique of mine.

Its not just about Jigar only...& yes its about technique also...Should I tell you that I have fought at International level & have beaten an undisputed Black Belt from another country black & blue when I was only a White belt & the reason was not just Jigar but also a good Technique of mine.

I want to join MMA for training in those techniques. I think that sort of fighting is most common sense and real life. And it fast. Karate and taekwondo I will have to do katas and s.hit for years before I get to punch and kick someone for real man.

I want to join MMA for training in those techniques. I think that sort of fighting is most common sense and real life. And it fast. Karate and taekwondo I will have to do katas and s.hit for years before I get to punch and kick someone for real man.

Why do you want to get into a fight at the first place mate???& MMA is nothing but a mixture of the techs taught in Martial Arts...Where do you put up anyways mate???

Why do you want to get into a fight at the first place mate???& MMA is nothing but a mixture of the techs taught in Martial Arts...Where do you put up anyways mate???

I am now based out of Mumbai. I have been giving serious thought to trying out for FCC this year after seeing some of their fights and talking to their fighters. I don't want to get into a fight. But I want to fight as a sport. And I think MMA is the best mix of all the martial arts in terms of being a holistic fighter who is not leaning towards any one skill or fighting form too much. Kicking, punching, grappling, submission, its all there.

@doppelganger I dont think there is any institution in India where you can learn MMA...The best you can learn is kickboxing I believe...correct me if m wrong

@doppelganger I dont think there is any institution in India where you can learn MMA...The best you can learn is kickboxing I believe...correct me if m wrong

Sir at FCC they are taking apprentice fighters and training them. If you lose more than a certain number of your first so many bouts however, then they let you go. I have spoken to Prashant sir as well as as some senior trainers of theirs.

FCC

You are right. MMA is closest to kick boxing. More than muay thai or taekwondo. My kushti training too would be useful as there are many fighters with judo and wrestling backgrounds.

Sir at FCC they are taking apprentice fighters and training them. If you lose more than a certain number of your first so many bouts however, then they let you go. I have spoken to Prashant sir as well as as some senior trainers of theirs.

FCC

You are right. MMA is closest to kick boxing. More than muay thai or taekwondo. My kushti training too would be useful as there are many fighters with judo and wrestling backgrounds.

So you wanna pursue MMA as your full time career???

Back
Top Bottom