What's new

FIFA World Cup 2022

Morocco were amazing!!! Honestly they deserved to be in the semi finals. They should be super proud of themselves.

Heartbreaking .....

1671064069726.png

1671064107132.png

Feel bad for morocco

I really hope Argentina can defeat these fucking racist frenchos on sunday, send them packing. Really want messi to lift the trophy Sunday!!
Defeat those fuckin frenchies

France and Argentina bring multiple plot lines to mouthwatering World Cup final​

By Amy Woodyatt, CNN
Thu December 15, 2022

Paris Saint-Germain teammates Kylian Mbappé and Lionel Messi will go head-to-head Sunday.

Paris Saint-Germain teammates Kylian Mbappé and Lionel Messi will go head-to-head Sunday.
CNN —

And just like that, after 62 matches over nearly a month, the stage for Qatar 2022’s showpiece final was set.

Two-time champion Argentina overpowered Croatia in the first semifinal earlier in the week, while defending champion France ended Morocco’s 2022 World Cup dream with a 2-0 win on Wednesday.

Attention now shifts to the Lusail Stadium, where this Sunday, Les Bleus will face La Albiceleste in a final that has multiple plot lines.

France is the first champion to reach the final in two decades, while Argentina is chasing a third title. Contesting a fourth final, Les Bleus is also attempting to become the first side to retain the World Cup since Brazil managed the feat 60 years ago.

According to FIFA’s most recent rankings, Argentina is No. 3, while France is No. 4.

Argentina's forward Lautaro Martinez celebrates after scoring his spot kick and defeating Netherlands in the penalty shootout.

Argentina's forward Lautaro Martinez celebrates after scoring his spot kick and defeating Netherlands in the penalty shootout.
Alberto Pizzoli/AFP/Getty Images

Messi vs. Mbappé​

The match provides one last chance for the 35-year-old Lionel Messi to fulfill his lifelong dream of guiding Argentina to its third title.

Standing in Messi’s way is his Paris Saint-Germain teammate Kylian Mbappé, as France seeks to win back-to-back World Cup trophies.

After a shock defeat by Saudi Arabia in its opening group game, Argentina’s World Cup campaign got off to the worst possible start.

However, Lionel Scaloni’s team regrouped and in the following five matches rediscovered the form that saw Argentina go on a 36-match unbeaten run before that defeat by Saudi Arabia.

And as so often before, the magical Messi has cast his spell over opposition teams at Qatar 2022, doing everything he has within his powers to ensure Argentina had the best chance possible to win a first World Cup title since 1986.

There was the touch and finish against Mexico in the group stages, the sublime pass to set up Argentina’s first goal against the Netherlands, and then a penalty and an assist that saw his country beat Croatia 3-0 in Tuesday’s semifinal.

On Sunday, Messi will have a final shot at winning – and lifting – the trophy, in front of some of the 40,000 Argentine fans estimated to have traveled to Qatar for this World Cup. Eight years ago, Messi and Argentina reached the final in the World Cup hosted by Brazil, but were beaten 1-0 by Germany.

When asked whether Sunday’s game will be his last at a World Cup, Messi replied: “Yes. Surely yes. There’s a lot of years until the next one and I don’t think I have it in me and finishing like this is best.

The trophy is in touching distance for France, who took a win over Morocco and ousted them from the tournament Wednesday.

The trophy is in touching distance for France, who took a win over Morocco and ousted them from the tournament Wednesday.
Anthony Dibon/Icon Sport/Getty Images

I really hope Argentina can defeat these fucking racist frenchos on sunday, send them packing. Really want messi to lift the trophy Sunday!!
Defeat those fuckin frenchies

As england'er - i dont know which way to turn between Argentina and France !!!!

As england'er - i dont know which way to turn between Argentina and France !!!!

We haven't had a problem with the Argies in quite a while and the Falklands dispute is something they just whine about.
The French are a totally different story and we have numerous issues with them.
I'd want Argentina to win this.

We haven't had a problem with the Argies in quite a while and the Falklands dispute is something they just whine about.
I'd rather neither but going with the argies as well.

Fair play - Argentina it is!

Croatia 1 : Morocco 0

Croatia 1 : Morocco 1

Back
Top Bottom