What's new

Feel The Tactical Superiority : Indian "TOPGUN" for The Mighty IAF

XINIX

NOPE

all these front line bases that will have fgfa su 30 mig 29 lca bla bla bla ... are all well within range or our offensive plat fourms any slight bit of war comeing from you guys mean we will send everything mostely babur cruise missel which will total the odds for us. then our doctourine will kick in since we have the advantage of troop deployment well throw you off until your goverment finds a way to counter it

^ So all countries should just buy loads of cruise missiles and kill all the airfields etc of the enemy nation at the start of a war.. Why invest in expensive stuff like Planes etc.. Isnt it..

BTW, have you checked how much time will it take for a Babur to reach a forward airfield of India and how much time will each of the planes would have to scramble out before any of those hit (if they do at all) :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the Mig-27's primarily for air-to-ground combat role? What were they doing in an aerial combat school?

IIRC, different types of aircraft get deputed to TACDE to develop various tactics. TACDE is not only for ACM (dog-fight) tactics but, I believe, also to develop various A-to-G tactics too.

^ So all countries should just buy loads of cruise missiles and kill all the airfields etc of the enemy nation at the start of a war.. Why invest in expensive stuff like Planes etc.. Isnt it..

BTW, have you checked how much time will it take for a Babur to reach a forward airfield of India and how much time will each of the planes would have to scramble out before any of those hit (if they do at all) :rolleyes:

:lol: i was being scarcastic... but when there no air feild to land on where they going to land? dessert of rajistan?

And a few days exercises are not enough, plus they wont give the liberty to fly the F16s the way u want in accordance to ur syllabii..

I insist India Needs a Squadron of second hand F16s and another of the Target F16s to get a real idea of enemy tactics.

Just imagine the psylogical advantage 'we know u' ... And even if we get F22 they will insist F16s are better... But getting and understanding F16s will make our War Tactics Invincible.

Agreed. But the factor here is different air forces have different tactics which we get to know if and when we exercise with them. Those tactics which are developed by other air forces is what we exercise against. There's only so much that a particular aircraft can do and exercising with a couple of air forces with differing tactics and doctrines, which fly the F-16s, would expose IAF to pretty much the whole envelope of maneuvers and tactics of those F-16s.

If we end up buying F-16s, we are going to push that aircraft only as much as we think we know. The problem here is to first develop tactics for the F-16s, which would take a pretty long time, and then practice against those tactics. Practically not feasible.

Where did you get this information from ? There have been no official air excercises with Israeli's to my knowledge.

Not all come out in the public especially on a sensitive topic like exercises with Israel. ;)

And with Israel its more of pilot exchanges where our pilots get to fly their fighters and not exactly direct air exercise like the one we had with France.

IIRC it was mentioned once by Lt.Prateek (if u remember him).

Last edited:
OT: Where's he?

No idea sirji.

But he had mentioned to me once that he will not be ther for another 3 months because of some study purpose.

But wherever he is...he is serving the nation. :cheers:

Zagahaga, to talk of an advantage u need to project what ur enemy is missing...

Any day.. Shaurya, Brahmos are far capable of doing the reciprocal with greater accuracy and almost 100% survivability... Which is highly questioanable in case of Babur once AAD/PAD and Akash is deployed.

Can u 'Feel' the Edge???

And a few days exercises are not enough, plus they wont give the liberty to fly the F16s the way u want in accordance to ur syllabii..

I insist India Needs a Squadron of second hand F16s and another of the Target F16s to get a real idea of enemy tactics.

Just imagine the psylogical advantage 'we know u' ... And even if we get F22 they will insist F16s are better... But getting and understanding F16s will make our War Tactics Invincible.

Sirjee i have some reservation here... There was a report in which USAF admitted that IAF busted them in COPE i guess.. reason was though US trained against the Mig29 of german and learnt about the weakness they failed to understand that the mentaility of the Pilots who are flying.. Our IAF had a different approach in flying the Migs.. so will be with PAF.. even if we buy.. we will train ourself with what knowledge we have.. it wont be on the terms of defeating PAF... :agree:.. so i guess investment on F16 is of no use.. they themselves will retire that very soon once they got a affordable aircraft from China

:lol: i was being scarcastic... but when there no air feild to land on where they going to land? dessert of rajistan?

Do you how many Baburs will it take to kill a whole airfield. And do you know how many airfields are there in North India. ?

And missiles fly both ways, you know....

At present IAF Top Gun school inventory includes MiG-21 Bisons and MiG-27s.:hang2:

What is so wrong about it .. those aircraft where IAF back bone and Air force doctrine was around it.. Now MKI and MMRCA has come so is the change..

XINIX

NOPE

all these front line bases that will have fgfa su 30 mig 29 lca bla bla bla ... are all well within range or our offensive plat fourms any slight bit of war comeing from you guys mean we will send everything mostely babur cruise missel which will total the odds for us. then our doctourine will kick in since we have the advantage of troop deployment well throw you off until your goverment finds a way to counter it

hmmm when you can think so much our IAF planners would have thought more than you... so no need to have day dreams.. Secondly when your CM is set for launch itself we would have detected it by the time and Counter measures will be on the way already.. so as Xinix said you should be scared :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom