What's new

FC-1 (JF-17) powered by WS-13 engine carries Taxi Trials

PAF never had 8 F16 crashes. One was a fraticide during combat with the Russians. One hit a wildboar while taking off. A few were canabilized during the embargo. There are rumours of one ending up in China. At the max, there were 1 or 2 crashes due to technical or pilot error issues.

NO F-16 ever made it to China.. nothing of that sort has ever occurred.
the only knowledge the Chinese have gained from the F-16 was examination of the wreckage of the Sargodha incident..where the aircraft structure while in pieces was still viewable ..even though it was burnt to a crisp.
The list posted by Ironman is 100% correct.

NO F-16 ever made it to China.. nothing of that sort has ever occurred.
the only knowledge the Chinese have gained from the F-16 was examination of the wreckage of the Sargodha incident..where the aircraft structure while in pieces was still viewable ..even though it was burnt to a crisp.
The list posted by Ironman is 100% correct.

The Chinese don't really need to have F-16s in their hand to understand it.

For PAF pilots who flew the jets for decades and technicians who worked on them could easily provide information on flight controls/ characteristics.

What made it unique was the digital fly by control, which perhaps is now even on commercial airliners.

To be honest, F-16 is fast becoming an obsolete piece of technology, and yes while JF-17 might have had it's flight characteristics influenced by F-16s, i think we really need to look beyond F-16s in our everyday lives.

The one lost during combat was a friendly hit from another f-16 launched side winder.

The Chinese don't really need to have F-16s in their hand to understand it.

For PAF pilots who flew the jets for decades and technicians who worked on them could easily provide information on flight controls/ characteristics.

What made it unique was the digital fly by control, which perhaps is now even on commercial airliners.

To be honest, F-16 is fast becoming an obsolete piece of technology, and yes while JF-17 might have had it's flight characteristics influenced by F-16s, i think we really need to look beyond F-16s in our everyday lives.

The Israeli's were more forth coming in that area for the Chinese..
Our input went only into the JF.

800px-Klimov_RD-33_turbofan_engine.JPG
rd 33

what is different between rd 93 and rd 33 ?

That gear box which you can see above the engine in the picture above your post is placed downside in the RD-93 engine, main difference is that, rest are the differences which depend upon variant to variant.

Placing of the gear box if the major difference.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

But i thought these missiles can recognize frien from foe?

Heat Seeking/IR missile don't differentiate between friend and foe, all they need is a heat source and they go for it.

But i thought these missiles can recognize frien from foe?

Hi,

You have to buy the IFF transponders and install them on your planes---I believe at that time we didnot have the IFF transponders in our planes---and seemingly the missiles would need to recognize the signal as well.

Hi,

You have to buy the IFF transponders and install them on your planes---I believe at that time we didnot have the IFF transponders in our planes---and seemingly the missiles would need to recognize the signal as well.

Correction MK.. we do have IFF..
However.. the fratricide was committed by a heatseeker at close range...after the wingman crossed in front of his leader and thinking it was an enemy jet he fired a 9P.. the missile only sees the heat signature..nothing else.. so it went after it..and took down a 15million dollar fighter of our own.

when will this engine get into service.

i am hearing its in testing phase from 2007

Correction MK.. we do have IFF..

Hi,

My comment was about the mid 80's---your comment is as of now---would you please look into it if we had it at that time, if you can---.

But as you explained----shi-t happens---as it did---so don't fly across the path of a missile.

Back
Top Bottom