What's new

FBR Unveils ‘Mega Scam’ Involving 45,012 Freelancers, 27 Banks, And Payoneer

following the FAKE PILOT LICENSES we have another gem *faceplam*

What you can expect from chu!iyas sitting in bureaucracy - FBR have access of bank data - send the freelancers notices to comply with taxation instead of coming up with unveiling "mega scam" drama like attention seeking whores.

This is most ch***** Govt when it comes to handling economy.... ub ye 20 - 30 saal kay freelancers bachoon pe tax laagdaingey bc baray choorn say recovery kay hey BIG ZERO sewaye batoon kay nothing .... ub jo thora bohat amount ata b hey woh b ruk jayega....

and there is a clause that protects bank account holders. Govt failed to convinece any int payment gateway so kudh tu fail hain ** ub har jaga tax lagatay phirrtay hain jo amount ata hey payoneer say woh sedha bank account may ata hey tu woh foreign currency say dhakno rupay may convert huta hey jiska direct faida State bank ko hota hey... its not a SCAM idiot.... just 12 -15% kay paas NTN nahi hai from the same report. majority of the freelancers jinko payoneer say ati hey unka NTN hai... if they didn;t paid any tax, govt bas 20,000 PKR kay hesab say early fine karsakhti hey...

This is most ch***** Govt when it comes to handling economy.... ub ye 20 - 30 saal kay freelancers bachoon pe tax laagdaingey bc baray choorn say recovery kay hey BIG ZERO sewaye batoon kay nothing .... ub jo thora bohat amount ata b hey woh b ruk jayega....

and there is a clause that protects bank account holders. Govt failed to convinece any int payment gateway so kudh tu fail hain ** ub har jaga tax lagatay phirrtay hain jo amount ata hey payoneer say woh sedha bank account may ata hey tu woh foreign currency say dhakno rupay may convert huta hey jiska direct faida State bank ko hota hey... its not a SCAM idiot.... just 12 -15% kay paas NTN nahi hai from the same report. majority of the freelancers jinko payoneer say ati hey unka NTN hai... if they didn;t paid any tax, govt bas 20,000 PKR kay hesab say early fine karsakhti hey...
Haan 20-30 saal ke 70000 bachei Jo 60 billion kamarhe hei. . Tax do MC

Also this is not a new tax. What are you even talking about. This is basically tax evasion.

Bare magarmach se zigada bare chor chote log hei. Everyone will be answerable. It's not as if government recovers from big figures and ignores citizens and allow them to keep ducking the country

Haan 20-30 saal ke 70000 bachei Jo 60 billion kamarhe hei. . Tax do MC

Also this is not a new tax. What are you even talking about. This is basically tax evasion.

Bare magarmach se zigada bare chor chote log hei. Everyone will be answerable. It's not as if government recovers from big figures and ignores citizens and allow them to keep ducking the country

pehlay koi research tu karlay freelance foreign income non-taxable hey... LOL

Technically, freelancers are working for overseas customer and their income is not qualified to be taxed in Pakistan.
FBR is trying to be over smart, closing eyes towards those who are in jurisdiction in Pakistan.

It seems these freelancers didn't want their income to be known so didn't register. Government may introduce slabs in the future so not registering would have been one way to avoid paying future taxes (even though they are all tax exempt at the moment).

Hiding income, even if tax exempt, is criminal.

The investigation into the matter unveiled that a massive amount of Rs. 60,308,760,650 was disbursed to 75,615 beneficiaries using local banks.
According to reports, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has recently uncovered a ‘mega scam’. The scam involves a foreign company transferring around Rs. 60 billion to more than 70,000 Pakistani citizens without the knowledge of the tax authority. Reports state that the amount was sent by Payoneer, which is registered in the US but has no physical presence in Pakistan.

Read more at

‏اسلام آباد : 27 بنک ، 45,012 فری لانسر اور Payoneer ، ایف بی آر نے بڑا فراڈ بے نقاب کر دیا، تفصیل :
‎#Payoneer ‎#Fraud ‎#FBR ‎#Freelancing
Isme se adhey paisay to waqar zaka and fans ke hongay lol
I have done freelancing course through Digiskills and I can say this that individual freelancers are exempt from taxation till 2024 or 2026. But software houses are bound to pay tax.

Allah shukar not one of those 45k freelancers. Got registered a few years back. The issue why it's being called scam sounds unreasonable. There is no tax, but the individuals should have got themselves registered. But I recently got into an issue with the FBR and I can easily say that we've got some very unprofessional people there, unfortunately.

Allah shukar not one of those 45k freelancers. Got registered a few years back. The issue why it's being called scam sounds unreasonable. There is no tax, but the individuals should have got themselves registered. But I recently got into an issue with the FBR and I can easily say that we've got some very unprofessional people there, unfortunately.
was that issue with fbr related to tax?

The issue was FBR being so lazy to inform me that I am not on the ATL list anymore because I submitted my returns late. They took me off ATL me being unaware did a big bank transaction on which I was charged a hefty WHT which will never be returned. I got back in the ATL by paying a tiny 1000 PKR surcharge.

Technically, freelancers are working for overseas customer and their income is not qualified to be taxed in Pakistan.
FBR is trying to be over smart, closing eyes towards those who are in jurisdiction in Pakistan.

You need to learn basic income tax rules. It does not matter if the customers are overseas on living on Mars or the Moon, THESE PEOPLE STILL HAVE TO DECLARE THEIR INCOME. Happens in every country in the World including Australia.

you earn money you pay taxes.
If a person with 50k monthly income can pay tax, why not a freelancer with 300k income.

No ordinary citizen wants to pay tax when they see that several big wigs - including the entire agri and trading communities doing business in the billions - are escaping taxation openly.

To build trust, the govt first must demonstrate that it is willing to go after traders, smugglers, big-name designers, etc., so that the small guy is also then willing and morally bound to pay his tax.

In this specific case, I'm assuming Payoneer just transfers earnings to each freelancer's account and the freelancers themselves are responsible for depositing their income tax...?

the OP is misleading readers by calling this ' mega scam' and what not
i would request moderators to change the topic heading and not create uncessary Fear and uncertainty

^^ here is the Income tax ordinance 2001 amended upto june 19;

simply put, any income made outside pakistan is NOT taxable under pakistani tax law ( basics of tax laws ) .

if any freelancer reading this gets a notice from fbr, contact me, ill help you draft a response to shove on their face

, any money you make OUTSIDE Pakistan is only taxable in that jurisdiction only . when that income is brought to pakistan, it is a remittance under pakistani banking regulations . simple

regarding the freelancers filing their returns or not , thats another topic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom