What's new

Farogh Naseem resigns as law minister to represent govt in SC hearing on Bajwa’s extension

Frankly speaking, if Pakistan needs a particular COAS' term to be extended then the army, in general, and the COAS, in particular, haven't exactly done a very good job. How can I believe that the Generals standing right behind Gen. Bajwa, rather the Generals whose shoulders Gen. Bajwa is standing on, are so incompetent, that the army is an institute so defunct, that Bajwa just cannot be let go. These limits are put in place for a reason. Principles need to be followed, otherwise it's all just hyperbole.

Gen. Raheel Sharif, understood this. Man of integrity and principles. The man who actually brought results.

ذلت کی ایکسٹینشن سے عزت کی ریٹائرمنٹ ہزار گنا بہتر ہے۔ سلطان صلاح الدین عیوبی
Discuss the issue within political and legal framework ....don't need emotional speeches .

Frankly speaking, if Pakistan needs a particular COAS' term to be extended then the army, in general, and the COAS, in particular, haven't exactly done a very good job. How can I believe that the Generals standing right behind Gen. Bajwa, rather the Generals whose shoulders Gen. Bajwa is standing on, are so incompetent that Bajwa just cannot be let go. These limits are put in place for a reason. Principles need to be followed, otherwise it's all just hyperbole.

Gen. Raheel Sharif, understood this. Man of integrity and principles.
Right now he looking over Iran-Saudi mediation and it's on final stage. Let's ignore Kashmir standoff .....

Sheikh Rasheed is announcing his resignation rather than information minister. Govt management is no where to be seen.
Shiekh Rasheed knows very well Gate number 4. 101 is more comfortable with Shiekh ji.

I am totally against this extension (as I was against Kiyani). It serves no one but Bajwa! The Army is full of very competent officers, so why cannot another Lt Gen be made Chief?
Kiyani was worst choice , because he came from intelligence wing. Intelligence wings are turtle and there strategy move very slow. Not very aggressive in taking action. A person who linger Swat operation.

Last edited:
Right now he looking over Iran-Saudi mediation and it's on final stage. Let's ignore Kashmir standoff .....

I'll try to re-explain. It is the institutes of the Pakistani military apparatus that are looking over those matters. If it's not, and if it is indeed just Gen. Bajwa, then the Pakistani military apparatus and the Pakistani establishment have failed miserably. Gen. Bajwa is the product of the Pakistani Army, not the other way around. He is but one of the cogs in the machine, a cog which came with an expiry date. Best we replace him now.

ps: The Iran-Saudi and the Kashmir issues aren't going anywhere. Should we plan to keep Gen. Bajwa as COAS for the next few decades? Makes no sense.

He should not have accepted the Extension to begin with, but i understand the circumstances in which he did, I think he might step down for the good, No reason to give Foreign Media ,Lobbies to use it against the nation and Army .

I'll try to re-explain. It is the institutes of the Pakistani military apparatus that are looking over those matters. If it's not, and if it is indeed just Gen. Bajwa, then the Pakistani military apparatus and the Pakistani establishment have failed miserably. Gen. Bajwa is the product of the Pakistani Army, not the other way around. He is but one of the cogs in the machine, a cog which came with an expiry date. Best we replace him now.

ps: The Iran-Saudi and the Kashmir issues aren't going anywhere. Should we plan to keep Gen. Bajwa as COAS for the next few decades? Makes no sense.
His extension is not big deal or illegal. If present govt is comfortable working with present COAS and has option of extension.

He should not have accepted the Extension to begin with, but i understand the circumstances in which he did, I think he might step down for the good, No reason to give Foreign Media ,Lobbies to use it against the nation and Army .
It's SC who made his appointment controversial . Otherwise appointing COAS is present govt prerogative

Sheikh Rasheed is announcing his resignation rather than information minister. Govt management is no where to be seen.
Its mind boggling as to why a railway minister is making such an announcement. The railway system is in shambles and hes making announcement that should have been made by the information minister. This entire controversy is irreversibly damaging the integrity of Pak armed forces. The government law minister just resigned to fight for COAS extension, that's fucked up. I am sure of one thing if Bajwa goes PTI goes too.
It looks like as if Bajwa goes, Pakistan and army wont survive...........

It's SC who made his appointment controversial . Otherwise appointing COAS is present govt prerogative

I know but in a country like Pakistan where Army is recovering its image , they needs to be a bit careful ..

It is better to first abreast oneself of the full facts. There was a press conference today by three ministers, railways, education and SAPM on accountability. The topic of the press conference was the action by the SC regarding COAS extension, and in that press conference the minister mentioned that to fight COAS case Farogh Naseem has resigned and he can return to cabinet after the case.

Shiekh Rasheed knows very well Gate number 4. 101 is more comfortable with Shiekh ji.
Presidential ordinance does not require parliamentary approval when its signed off....i.e PPO which was in effect for year and then was made PPA after approval

Supreme Court give direction how to appeal. Actually IK cabinet is full of uneducated short sighted people, otherwise it was not an issue.
Compliances is responsibility if secetaries not ministers. Sometime i feel bureacracy is working against government to malign them

Back
Top Bottom