What's new

Fantastic Pictures Of PAF!!!

F-14 is from the exercise Inspired Alert. My Son took part in that I have sent Neo a photo of him and the F-14 flying in a formation over karachi.
Neo please can you put your water mark and show our members that photo please I don't want to put it without a water mark.
Thank you
mk

Last edited by a moderator:
F-14 is from the exercise Alert Inspiration. My Son took part in that I have sent Neo a photo of him and the F-14 flying in a formation over karachi.
Neo please can you put your water mark and show our members that photo please I don't want to put it without a water mark.
Thank you
mk

Its Nice to hear that YOUR SON IS ALSO IN THE PAF. So he is keeping your Legacy alive and i hope he is doing just great in PAF just like you.

I will Like to see that Pic of your son.

F-14 is from the exercise Alert Inspiration
mk

I think you mean Inspired Alert. It was a joint exercise between the US Navy, the US Marine Corps and Pakistan Air Force. I read about it in "The Story of the Pakistan Air Force" and later again in other books/websites.

Interesting incident: In one of the "Inspired Alert" exercises, the PAF pilots were supposed to try to get "as close to the aircraft carrier" as possible without detection, and accomplish other tasks. USN was tasked to detect Pakistani intruders and USN fighters (F-14s) were to intercept them. Both sides had complete freedom in selecting their strategy. The USN was very confident that the PAF Mirages would not be able to get too close, mainly because their RADARs and other equipment were superior to anything Pakistan had. To their amazement, not only did 2 Mirage fighters get "as close as possible", they even flew low beside the aircraft carrier, "buzzing" the deck.

They stayed undetected by flying dangerously low over the sea under RADAR cover, and by creating diversions and fooling them into thinking the main intruders were coming from a different direction (other Mirages, I think). By the time they realized that 2 Mirages had made it close, it was too late to interecept them. This forced even senior USN pilots to react.

I read this story in a book about PAF exercises, but I have forgotten its name. I have also forgotten many other details, like the name of the carrier, the year of the exercise and the exact Mirage type (III or V). All I remember is that they had an artist's concept picture on a full page, showing two Mirages zooming towards the deck of a USN aircraft carrier and the sun setting in the distance.

Please feel free to correct any inaccuracies. I read this a long time ago.

^^ Here is an account of the event at PAFfalcons.com :

NO. 8 SQUADRON'S "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" SUCCEEDS
1500 HOURS - 30 MAY 1995

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman

e28072f45dc467efaf7749faeadeaa6a.jpg

thanx topgun its F-14 at Masroor AB back in 2007 jan!!!

Cannot be 2007. F-14s were withdrawn from service much earlier. Also the USN flew F-14s and F/A-18s from Masroor initially but subsequent Inspired Alert/Siren series of exs were conducted off their carriers.

thank you sir actually i already thanked sir muradk for correcting me anywayz my appologies to you.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom