What's new

Famous Pakistani women

One of my cousins used to study with her... she is kinda annoying.. she talks alot! :disagree::disagree: I am talking about Nadia Khan if someone is wondering... :D:D

chalo isi bahane aaj Nadia Khan ki Age ka andaaza ho jaye ga

so how old is your cousin :D

but according to wiki....... Nadia aunty is 38 years old ;)

Nadia Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As everybody knows girls never grow up after 16. But here we have a different story....... its showing more age than what i was hoping :cry:

I dont think she is that old... unless she started school or college really late or was repeating her classes... :D

There are not many Pakistani females who can be named in this thread. I think we will have to post pictures of Models like Iman Ali, Amina Haq, Sadia Imam and actresses once again :cry:

Tu hi to mera pyaar maahiyaaaaa

Annie

8060687449c99dee9a274137fd54d749.jpg

Noor–ul–Ain popularly known as Annie, (Punjabi, Urdu: عینی) is a Pakistani pop singer. Annie was born in 1984 in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. In 1985, her parents moved to London where she grew up.

Annie started her singing career at the age of fifteen. In 2000, during a summer vacation in Pakistan, she performed for the first time in a live concert for Abrarul Haq's charity in Sargodha.

Awards:

* Best female singer of Pakistan (2007) awarded by The Musik

Tu hi to mera pyaar maahiyaaaaa

Annie

8060687449c99dee9a274137fd54d749.jpg

Noor–ul–Ain popularly known as Annie, (Punjabi, Urdu: عینی) is a Pakistani pop singer. Annie was born in 1984 in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. In 1985, her parents moved to London where she grew up.

Annie started her singing career at the age of fifteen. In 2000, during a summer vacation in Pakistan, she performed for the first time in a live concert for Abrarul Haq's charity in Sargodha.

Awards:

* Best female singer of Pakistan (2007) awarded by The Musik
I hate her.

Neelo

Among old Pakistani actresses I really like her. She was the first "pin-up" girl of Pakistan.

Famous for :- Superstar Shaan's Mommy :D:D and During General Ayub Khan's rule in 1965, she was called in for a live dance performance in front of the Shah of Iran who paid an official visit to Pakistan, but she refused to comply with the conditions. Harassed and threatened, Neelo faced dire consequences for refusing to obey orders.

The renowned leftist poet Habib Jalib expressed his anguish and wrote the poem: "Tu keh na waqfe, adaba-e-shahnshahi hay...". Later this poem was used in film Zarqa with slight changes in the words and picturized on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
No farida Khanum ?

A lady who sings a song like ' Aaj jane ki Zid na Karo.. ought to be great.

..or is it the generation gap ?

Fareeda Khanum

Farida Khanum (born 1935) is a Pakistani Ghazal singer from Punjab. The Times of India has called her "Malika-e-Ghazal" (Queen of Ghazal)[1].

In 2005, she was awarded the Hilal-e-Imtiaz, Pakistan's highest civilian honour by President Pervez Musharraf.

Born in Calcutta and raised in Amritsar. Her sister is Mukhtar Begum.[2][unreliable source?] She migrated to Pakistan after partition of India in 1947.

She started learning Khayal from her sister Mukhtar Begum at age seven and later learnt classical music from Ustad Ashiq Ali Khan.

87c929f7ebf1db58ea727556868abfd3.jpg

4c31b4e4ba0530daba9440851c9ec5fe.jpg

be407778433b442f8278355faef96f01.jpg

Pakistani women have been active in all walks of life and they enjoy a better status as compared to many other muslim and middle eastern women... :D This thread is for famous and not so famous Pakistani women and their contributions... :D

Yasmeen Ghauri

Profession - Model

Yasmeen Ghauri is an internationally famous Model of Half German/Half Pakistani descent. She has modeled for many international magazines and brands including Christian Dior, Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Revlon etc etc

http://img641.imageshack.us/i/cosmo101992.jpg/

http://img175.imageshack.us/i/yascov06.jpg/

Thank you for your post - we must all support all pakistanis in what ever we do .. and she is a very beautiful lady :pakistan::pakistan: Amen to that wonderful achivement to be on such a prestigious magzines MILLION GIRLS try to be on Vouge magzine so if a Pakistani girl made it there awesome ...

The main thing is she is one of us and we must promote and support success of Pakistani man/women alike

But I also feel there are alot of Great ladies in Pakistan as other posters posted -

I personnally respect Ms Fatima Jinnah alot and I was saddended to hear how she never got to be frist women Prime Minister of Pakistan

Representing Pakistan on magzines etc is wonderful , but also in sports and politics and all form of life ...is great:pakistan:

But one thing we must always REMEMEBR

WE HAD A WOMEN PRIME MINISTER ? Can US say that about their own candidates NO ...

We have achived alot we are few nations which have had a women ruler

I do feel that womens have certain social issues , but the problem is over all society and poverty generally women are greatly respected in Pakistan

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is to remember who you are 'PAKISTANI' ...

Last edited:
Tehmina Durrani

Profession - Writer

2259a6630b1c5a2a294be201fa169de0.jpg

Tehmina Durrani (Urdu: تہمینہ درانی), a Durrani Pashtun, is the daughter of the late former Governor of State Bank of Pakistan, and former Chairman of Pakistan International Airlines, Shahkur Ullah Durrani and grand-daughter of Sir Sikankar Hyat. Her first book, My Feudal Lord, caused controversy in Pakistan’s male-dominated and women-baiting society describing her abusive and traumatic marriage with Ghulam Mustafa Khar, then Chief Minister and later Governor of Punjab and her experience of a feudal society. She is today involved in the emancipation of women in Pakistan.[1]
An Afghan Pathan by descent, and born into an educated and influential family of status, Durrani's was just 17, when she married Anees Khan, and they had one daughter, Tania. She divorced him in 1976 and then married Khar. In the process she had to give up claim of her daughter's custody. It was Durrani's second marriage and the sixth marriage for Khar. The couple later divorced after 13 years and four children, Nasiba, Nafisa, Ali and Hamza. After her divorce, Durrani wrote her autobiography called My Feudal Lord in 1991, detailing her marriage with Khar. The book made the international bestseller list[2], but stirred controversy in Pakistan for its' detailed description of her marriage, the abuse inflicted on her by her husband, a powerful and prominent political figure, thus initially banned in Pakistan. The book told of, how Khar beat Durrani, kidnapped their children, had a rip-roaring affair with her youngest sister, and once forced Durrani to strip naked, when she disobeyed his orders.[3] She argued in the book that the real power of feudal landlords like Khar is derived from the distorted version of Islam that is supported by the mullahs and maulvis. Khar later went on to marry Durrani's sister.[4]
Since 2005 Durrani is associated with a non-governmental organization that works for the social rehabilitation of women after abuse.[5] In 2001, Durrani publicly took on the caregiver role of Fakhra Yunas, the former wife of Bilal Khar, the son of Khar from his first marriage, after Fakhra had been a victim of an acid attack at the hands of Bilal, who then refused to let Fakhra undergo treatment. Durrani arranged to take Yunas abroad, capturing media attention and spurring her commitment to bring Khar, convicted of the attack, to trial. Fakhra was initially denied passport to leave Pakistan to undergo surgery, because the government feared, the news would soil the reputation of Pakistan. But later, under pressure from among others, Durrani, the government allowed her to leave Pakistan with Durrani,[6] who was also successfully able to provide reconstructive surgery free-of-cost to Fakhra, courtesy of the Italian cosmetics firm Sant'Angelica.[7] The firm is now working in Pakistan for many such battered and abused women.
"My Feudal Lord" has been translated into 36 languages and received many awards and recognition overseas for her courage.[8] and is considered a heroine by many women in Pakistan.[citation needed]
Durrani resides in Lahore with her husband, Shahbaz Sharif, brother of Nawaz Sharif, whom she married at a secret but well attended ceremony in Dubai in 2003.[9][10][11] Upon divorcing Khar, she signed away all financial support, lost custody of her children, her name, social standing and was disowned by her parents.[12] Only when Khar re-married, did she regain custody of her four children.

Dear All
I am working on pakistani women drama writer..

can anyone help me in providing names of urdu drama writer with their dramas name?
reply/any sort of help is welcome.
regards.

Back
Top Bottom