What's new

Famous muhajirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that you're one of those Pakistanis that dream of going to a foreign country and would leave the country instantly, given the opportunity. But because you lack that opportunity, you are angry at others who had that opportunity. Just suck it up, will ya?

Muhammad Ali Jinnah was a British national, so what? I hope your witty questions come to an end now.

mate i dont care about what crap is coming out of your mouth i just wanted my question answered but you have stretched so far long then it doesnt even make me thrilled at all any more

so lets just leave it there

move on dear

mate i dont care about what crap is coming out of your mouth i just wanted my question answered but you have stretched so far long then it doesnt even make me thrilled at all any more

so lets just leave it there

move on dear

Lol hahah. Fair enough. :)

dehli was the capital even before partition and in both britsh and mughal empire

shalib was born in agra but he died in dehli, many people moved to dehli because it was the capital and mughal's place

even sajjad ali and haroon sang punjabi songs? does that make them punjabi? me speaking english makes me english :lol:

wat stupidity is it?

I dont know about sajjad ali, im talking about Nazia Ancestry. So which ethnic group did she belong? And read history about Delhi before partition, it was part of Punjab. And please dont tell me she is Muhajir because Muhajir isnt ethinicity. So far we know her ancestors were from Delhi & she also used to sing in Punjabi. Actually look what i found which pretty much settle this debate about her Ancestry.

"Nazia’s grandfather and Basir Hassan’s father, Nawab Syed Saghiruddin Hassan were the President & Vice President of Muslim League, Delhi and owners of the 1st Ginning Mill in Multan, Pakistan."

Delhi & Multan, both parts of punjab before parition. So i dont need to prove anything further, its up to you now. You can call her muhajir if she belong to non-ethnic groups of Pakistan. Pashtuns & Punjabis are not muhajirs even if some of their ancestors worked in India before partition.

I dont know about sajjad ali, im talking about Nazia Ancestry. So which ethnic group did she belong? And read history about Delhi before partition, it was part of Punjab. And please dont tell me she is Muhajir because Muhajir isnt ethinicity. So far we know her ancestors were from Delhi & she also used to sing in Punjabi. Actually look what i found which pretty much settle this debate about her Ancestry.

"Nazia’s grandfather and Basir Hassan’s father, Nawab Syed Saghiruddin Hassan were the President & Vice President of Muslim League, Delhi and owners of the 1st Ginning Mill in Multan, Pakistan."

Delhi & Multan, both parts of punjab before parition. So i dont need to prove anything further, its up to you now. You can call her muhajir if she belong to non-ethnic groups of Pakistan. Pashtuns & Punjabis are not muhajirs even if some of their ancestors worked in India before partition.

ethnicity is different from language, punjabi was never spoken in Delhi, even though I agree that ethnicity/looks wise Delhi people are almost the same as punjabis because it's on the border.

My family has origins in delhi, we consider ourselves urduspeakers, even in Karachi most Delhiwalas still maintain their strong traditions or Urdu and Delhi Cuisine

dehli is considered part of punjab but since it became capital it was removed being part of punjab and any dehliite doesnt automatically become punjabi, dehli is as close to UP as it is close to punjab but any dehliite doesnt just become punjab

for example ghalib isnt a punjabi, just like sir syed ahmed khan

Delhi is the extension of UP, not Punjab.

ethnicity is different from language, punjabi was never spoken in Delhi, even though I agree that ethnicity/looks wise Delhi people are almost the same as punjabis because it's on the border.

My family has origins in delhi, we consider ourselves urduspeakers, even in Karachi most Delhiwalas still maintain their strong traditions or Urdu and Delhi Cuisine

Anyway all signs point her to be punjabi ethinicity. Delhi isnt ethinicity.

Delhi is home to no Punjabi dialect.

? Her ancestors worked in Delhi and owned mil in Multan. She knew punjabi so most likely her ancestors moved from Punjab región to work in city. Urdu speaker isnt ethinicity but punjabi is.

They are famous Pakistanis.

Why do you people care where they migrated from it where their ancestors migrated from.

Grow the hell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom