What's new

Facebook could destroy the U.S. economy

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Global economy-killer? Yes, Facebook has now been added to my list of global macroeconomic triggers (deadly unpredictable Black Swans like the dot-coms in 2000, subprimes in 2008) that the denial system driving the collective brain of American investors will simply tune out, till it’s too late. Till a crash takes the economy down again.

And, yes, it may take years, or trigger in 2012. We watched the same kind of buildup to the 2008 crash for a few years in advance, as credible warnings were ignored. Yes folks, Facebook is that dangerous to our economy and to the global economy.

You think I’m kidding? Not one bit. In fact Facebook is now one of my top-12 economy-killing triggers, any one of which could ignite a firestorm.

How Facebook could destroy the U.S. economy - Paul B. Farrell - MarketWatch

Facebook's Zuckerberg, Thiel sell shares

Facebook Inc. FB -8.90% Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg has sold 30.2 million shares and director Peter Thiel has sold 16.8 million shares of the social-networking company, according to securities filings published late Tuesday. The sales confirm plans detailed in a prospectus before Friday's $16 billion IPO. Zuckerberg sold 30.2 million shares at a price of $37.58 for gross proceeds of $1.13 billion; Thiel sold 16.8 million shares for gross proceeds of $633 million. Facebook insiders had told prospective shareholders of their plans in an S-1 filing last week. Facebook FB -8.90% shares were down 0.8% after hours at $30.74.

Facebook's Zuckerberg, Thiel sell shares - MarketWatch

Modern Day Robbery :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom