What's new

Face Veil removal request in Western Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divergent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to the current climate, is it safe for Muslim Women to wear face veils in Western Countries?

Before continuation it is emphasised that I respect and will legally defend the rights of women to dress however they desire including the face veil, safeguard their rights for doing so and one does not support calls to ban the face veil produced in the West.

Morally it is advised IN Western Countries not to because:

1) It is not mandated by Faith

2) It is not conducive to the current atmosphere where terrorists have used the attire to escape such as:
  • Yaseen Omar a member of the 21 terrorist cell used the attire to flee
  • Mustapha Jama slipped out off UK with attempted murder
  • Ahmed abused the dress to abscond in West London
3) There is a very powerful saying derived from Faith 'Do not over-burden yourself'.

4) It is not safe for these women especially when the attire is abused and will endanger them due to excessive suspiciousness and uninvited discrimination

5) It does come under matter of Security for personal and public well being.

Divergent.

Last edited:
It should be banned every where as it prevents the law enforcement agencies from identifying the wearer.same should be the case with extremely wide burkas as you can hide anything under it and has been used by female suicide bombers in the past too.
And before some one attack me let me tell you that no where in islam you are ordered to cover your face.

That applies to those having issues with Pakistani laws as well.

That law needs an amendment and can be discussed elsewhere.

It should be banned every where as it prevents the law enforcement agencies from identifying the wearer.same should be the case with extremely wide burkas as you can hide anything under it and has been used by female suicide bombers in the past too.
And before some one attack me let me tell you that no where in islam you are ordered to cover your face.
why western countries only? ban it everywhere
it is an abomination, a threat to national security and a hurdle in the way of progress

Some people consider Niqab 'fardh'.

That law needs an amendment and can be discussed elsewhere.

Not discussing that law.

Majority decides what laws they want for their country, even those laws are discriminatory to some, and Minority has to abide or leave. There is no complexity in all that.

It is good that Western countries are starting to introduce such laws under the pretext of terrorism and whatnot. Soon they will have no moral grounds left to dictate others.

I believe living in the West you have to come to terms and due to the current climate and because of the incidents, it's understandable.

No on is asking for removal of Hijaabs, Jubbas etc but at least make the face visible for safety reasons.

Do you think terrorism in a country like UK is so bad that it warrants ban on face veil here?

It is easier to conceal a suicide vest under a jubba than a face veil.

This is just the beginning, and you can mark my words on that. More dress code bans will follow in West.

Some people consider Niqab 'fardh'.
the same people also consider keeping a beard, and having your pants above your ankles "fardh" too.
its time to get rid of those "some people" and start reading and understanding the Quran ourselves.
I do not need some wannabe interpreters to make me understand my own religious scripture.

Do you think terrorism in a country like UK is so bad that it warrants ban on face veil here?

It is easier to conceal a suicide vest under a jubba than a face veil.

This is just the beginning, and you can mark my words on that. More dress code bans will follow in West.

They have no issues with Hijab/Jubba. But the examples above and more (I've seen cases) where face covering (which clearly prevents visuality) of these criminals has let them slip. Nothing to do with how lose a garment is.

Face veil due to the current climate isn't wise, it creates hostility and one shouldn't overburden themselves in the State they're living in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom