What's new

F16, best wild weasel aircraft...

sorry to ask, i dont know really. Which is the equal or partially equal enemy country that the F-16 done a SEED mission? dont say Iraq or Afgan.:blink:
Sure...How about F-16s over Yugoslavia? Objective air defense analysts agreed the the Serbs were more disciplined than their Iraqis counterparts. Still...NATO flew literally tens of thousands sorties over Yugoslavia and lost only two aircrafts, one F-117 and one F-16. Both losses were the results of a tactic known since the air war over Vietnam as 'spray and pray'. Two hits out of tens of thousands is not an air defense combat record to boast about and to use to pick up chicks.

a-10warthog.jpg

Well if we can get 20-30 of these babies in Pakistan Army I am sure we could use these for ground operations and also radar jamming

A wild weasel is primarily a term popular in US Airforce. Basically its a role requiring strong radar detection, SAM protection and A2G strike. Out of the soviet lot, Mig 25 foxbat and Su 30 are the aircraft from that airforce that fit the bill..

lol, I knew, i knew that indians will bring su 30 in this thread someway or other. How a big big aircraft, with dual engines, lots of heat and lots of sound can perform these type of sophisticated missions???

By the way leave this apart, my other question from any Pakistani is that, according to this documentary three aircrafts are involved in wild weasel,
1. Hunter
2. Killer
3. and third aircraft equipped with electronic equipments for jamming enemy's radar and SAM etc,

has Pakistan got third aircraft? if no is there any plan in future for it induction?????

a-10warthog.jpg

Well if we can get 20-30 of these babies in Pakistan Army I am sure we could use these for ground operations and also radar jamming

lol comeon Azad, you are always dreaming and doing window shopping in the morning u were wanting J35, J11B, then that Chinese Fifth gen J12/13 and now this attack A-10 !! comeon get up from sleep :lol::lol::D:D

Sure...How about F-16s over Yugoslavia? Objective air defense analysts agreed the the Serbs were more disciplined than their Iraqis counterparts. Still...NATO flew literally tens of thousands sorties over Yugoslavia and lost only two aircrafts, one F-117 and one F-16. Both losses were the results of a tactic known since the air war over Vietnam as 'spray and pray'. Two hits out of tens of thousands is not an air defense combat record to boast about and to use to pick up chicks.

Gambit i would like to add that IRAQ of 1990 desert storm era was a formidable enemy! it had really top of the line air defence in place! so yes iraq of modern time might not be an opponent but iraq of 1990s was a formidable foe!

lol, I knew, i knew that indians will bring su 30 in this thread someway or other. How a big big aircraft, with dual engines, lots of heat and lots of sound can perform these type of sophisticated missions???

And why do you think that a large plane with sophesticated radar jamming, great ECM and strong A2G capabilities can not do this.. Size is a factor but works in combination with a load of other factors too..

Sukhoi Su-30: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

except the sa-6 the SAM equipment of the Yugoslav army was pretty much VIETNAM era.
now, of the literally tens of thousands sorties how many actually achieve anything else , than to release ammo get out ?

Back
Top Bottom