What's new

F-22P question

Nice pics dear...VLS (Vertical Launch System) is clearly evident from both the pics, looks impressive.
Two quadruple launchers for anti-ship missiles are also visible, installed at the mid-ship position.
Could you please provide the larger images, so that it can be judged that if they are box-shape launchers (in this case probable missile would be YJ-83) or cylinder-shape launchers (in this case probable missile would be YJ-62), so it can be guessed if YJ-83 (C-803) will be carried or YJ-62 (C-602) will carried.

Last edited:
Nice pics dear...VLS (Vertical Launch System) is clearly evident from both the pics, looks impressive.
Two quadruple launchers for anti-ship missiles are also visible installed at the mid-ship position.
Notice some similarities with F-22P...

...only issue is, the pics are of a Chinese export-FFG called F-16U. This is purely my opinion, but this whole "F-22P II" business may in fact be F-16U. Anyone who doesn't know the background might have mistaken it for the "F-22P/Type-054" hybrid as originally reported by the Chinese. In fact, the F-22P itself seems to be a hybrid of F-16U and Type-053H3!

Last edited:
I remember couple of years ago i read at sinodefence that China is offering Type-054/A for export customers under the designation of F-16U.

Thanks for the pics Mark, I still haven't signed up to Pakdef so couldn't see anything on there, couldn't find pics of F-16U on google either.

So PN is getting 4 F-22P and 4 of these F-16U. The 16U looks fantastic, VLS too, wicked. What is the point of buying MEKO or Turkish ships when they can get more of these?

Didn't PShamim also mention that F-22P's superstructure will be altered to become more like 16U? I guess he meant only the last two since the first two are pretty much finished.
If only they could change the last two 22Ps ordered to 16U.

I thought that MM-40 block 3 are land base missle not submarine launch missile.

They are land/ship- based. HOwever, the article says that sublaunched version may follow. Given prior experience, it's not that hard for the french to package the new missile for encapsulated subsurface launch. Depends on whether there is demand enough in the market.

Thanks for the pics Mark, I still haven't signed up to Pakdef so couldn't see anything on there, couldn't find pics of F-16U on google either.

So PN is getting 4 F-22P and 4 of these F-16U. The 16U looks fantastic, VLS too, wicked. What is the point of buying MEKO or Turkish ships when they can get more of these?

Didn't PShamim also mention that F-22P's superstructure will be altered to become more like 16U? I guess he meant only the last two since the first two are pretty much finished.
If only they could change the last two 22Ps ordered to 16U.
Don't quote me on it, I don't even know if this whole business of 4 more F-22P is even true.

wow looks very impressive. could this be a export version of 052b? certainly too big for 3,000t f-22.
It's called F-16U and formed the basis for Type-054(A), and yes it was marketed exclusively for export. Based on the information available, its displacement was 3000-3500 tonnes.

SHANGHAI: China on Friday handed over a second F-22P frigate to Pakistan at an impressive vessel launching ceremony held at Hudong Shipyard. The ceremony was attended by high ranking officials from Chinese Navy, senior representatives of Hudong Shipyard, China Ship Building and Trading Company, Pakistan Navy, Ministry of Defence and Shanghai-based Consulate General of Pakistan.

2nd Chinese frigate cruises into Pakistan Navy fleet - News

Why is F-22P so expensive isn't there any other frigate better and cheaper then F-22P??

Yaar i seen somewhere they said F-22P costs $650 Million dollars blown my head off after reading it lol. Glad to hear its 150 million dollars thanks man...

Yaar i seen somewhere they said F-22P costs $650 Million dollars blown my head off after reading it lol. Glad to hear its 150 million dollars thanks man...

That's probably for 4 ships, including setting up for construction at Karachi Shipyard, some weaponry (spare missiles, ammo etc), some training.

Back
Top Bottom