What's new

F-10 critics

AL-31FN is slightly faster, M2.3 against WS-10's M2.2...but both share same max speed at sealevel, i.e. M1.2...just another small detail. :coffee:

incapable Chinese indigenous WS-10 turbofan.

That would be an understatement; WS-10 is not an illegal copy by simply reverse engeneering the design. Russians are helping China to to build the WS-10 which is a chinese derivative of the AL-31FN, initially without TVC but the fitures were added later. It is a capeable engine with slightly lower thrust, 115kN against 125kN.

Rumours?

Batman, FAS is Federation of American scientists, and its not some forum. All their reports are defence and intelligence related, and published once they are not considered cllassifed anymore.

That would be an understatement; WS-10 is not an illegal copy by simply reverse engeneering the design. Russians are helping China to to build the WS-10 which is a chinese derivative of the AL-31FN, initially without TVC but the fitures were added later. It is a capeable engine with slightly lower thrust, 115kN against 125kN.

"China has been developing its own WS-10A (commercial name: Taihang) turbofan engine for over a decade, but the project has encountered enormous technical difficulties. The engine was only certified for design finalisation in early 2006. Integration of the engine with the J-10 fighter is believed to be underway at Chengdu Aircraft Corporation."

http://www.sinodefence.com/news/2007/news07-04-17.asp

I believe that is the reason they said, incapable because the WS-10A had technical difficulties and was not ready for F-10 then but now it is.

Rumours?

Batman, FAS is Federation of American scientists, and its not some forum. All their reports are defence and intelligence related, and published once they are not considered cllassifed anymore.

I'm not nagating you and I trust you are better informed, but still all such analysis are based on theories and suspisions.
On Lavi grouds, Americans had taken practical steps to stop Israeli defence co-operation with china, and if there (F-16) analysis had any grounds they would have dealt with it, similarly.

Any transfer of F-16 to China cannot go un-noticed by Americans.

Now comming back to J-10. As you mentioned about Pakistani venture in J-10, when did it happened. Was it there from begining? or is it a later development?

Crashed and grounded F-16, the GPS will not reveal their location, plus it went as a jigsaw puzzle.
J-10 is far superior then the earlier blocks of F-16 and the Lavi.

Much later stage, but I can't comment on the time line of the investment itself.

sometimes I really get surprised to see how members get there news and after getting it, the whole story changes in 86 wildbore hit the front tire so the plane was damaged from the front only because the nose hit the ground. F-16 has never landed in china we dont need to.

china picked the lavi from Israel which was actually in parts, they had difficilties essembling it and they came and saw one of our planes. And the canopy we had 3 f-16s which had bird hits , we change the canopy and the damaged one was giving to our friends. See things are not that complicated.
In Shorkot we have mirages so we had french engg, same for F-6 we had chinees engg.

Dear j 10 a good fighter. if you want to compare that fighter with every advance fighter in world
you should wait for more 4 to 5 year. when that come out full producation and information on media.

How many fighters which are co-developed by chine and pakistan is not so importent in short future. What is acutually importent is that China devote all its effort to help pakistan to improve its research ability. Dont suspect the performance of J-10. You just feel safe when JF-20 flights in pakistani sky. with china standing by, pakstan dont fear any enemy.

There is no dought about the chines they we always find them one step ahead when we need them. The Only nation on which we can trust with Blind Eyes .. ( am i right )

You are right.SinoPak cooperation programmes in military and other sectors are over 70.According to the latest news ,about 50 FC20 will be in service in Pakistan in later years.

Back
Top Bottom