What's new

Extraordinary China:World's longest high-speed railway debuts

It's doing well. The second line will hit the revenue service speed of 370 km/hr, the fastest in the world.
since KTX has so many constant errors and even derails, it must be doing well in your dream. and don't brag about things you don't have yet.

since KTX has so many constant errors and even derails, it must be doing well in your dream. and don't brag about things you don't have yet.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.ph...-achieve-100-fault-free-days.html?channel=529

Modified KTX Sancheon trains achieve 100 fault-free days
Written by David Briginshaw

KORAIL, Korea's national train operator, presented a certificate today to Hyundai Rotem to mark 100 fault-free days for operating five modified KTX-Sancheon high-speed trains.

The trains entered service in August following modifications to correct problems discovered in the initial operation of the first 19 trains which started operation with Korail in March 2010.

Meet the world's fastest revenue service bullet train, 370 km/hr HEMU-430X.

Last edited by a moderator:

did you really read the stuff you post yourself? "100 fault-free days for 5 selected trains" is actually something belonging to hall of shame. KTX got its reputation of being error plagued for its extremely poor performance and tons of technical problems in 2011, and you think people will forget that just because of 100 days for a selectively biased sample(and claimed by Koreans)?

The tickets are expensive. Almost the same amount as flights.

They should lower prices to half that of the flight, then it makes sense to use these rail lines.

In China HSR is generally cheaper than air travel, more comfortable, and most importantly much^10 more punctual. In Japan and Europe, HSR is generally costlier.

For non-environmentalists, the competitive edge of HSR over air travel depends on the distance. With similar pricing, HSR almost wipes out airline services within 500km, and is more attractive than air travel within 1000km.

For example Delhi-Mumbai distance is roughly 1000 kms.
I would rather take a 1.5 hour flight than an 7 hour HSR journey(if there is HSR, which there isnt at the moment), if the prices are roughly same.

Wont you agree?

what kind of troll is this guy "Korean" if he's still not worth a permanent vacation....

Congrats to Chinese Beijing-Guangzhou Shinkansen 京広新幹線, by the way.

That's nothing! India's super fast trains would beat China's any day. Don't believe me? Take a peek here...

81103211334883.jpg

This one zips along at a mind boggling 400 cm an hour!! :P :lol:

Cheers!

I would rather take a 1.5 hour flight than an 7 hour HSR journey(if there is HSR, which there isnt at the moment), if the prices are roughly same.

Wont you agree?

from Wuhan to Guangzhou,about 1000km in 4 hours. if you decided the journey occasionally this morning,and it is late to book a airline ticket,you just have to take a taxi to the train station unhurriedly and by a ticket . no cumbersome strict check, no delay for bad weather, no bag check,everything is as convenient as taking a subway .

That's nothing! India's super fast trains would beat China's any day. Don't believe me? Take a peek here...

81103211334883.jpg

This one zips along at a mind boggling 400 cm an hour!! :P :lol:

Cheers!
this is amazing.

from Wuhan to Guangzhou,about 1000km in 4 hours. if you decided the journey occasionally this morning,and it is late to book a airline ticket,you just have to take a taxi to the train station unhurriedly and by a ticket . no cumbersome strict check, no delay for bad weather, no bag check,everything is as convenient as taking a subway .

this is amazing.

Is that a Pakistani train?

...and in Mumbai we can't build a road which lasts for one monsoon.

Wont you agree?

I agree. HSR is beneficial for mid distance traveling. In Indian's case, it would be great for Delhi to Bombay, Hyderabad to Bangalore, Bangalore to Channai, etc. But it does not make sense for Channai to Dehli, that should be reserved for air travel.

So this longest from Beijing to Guanzhou is bull crap as its not time wise efficient. Maybe Wuhan to Guanzhou at the longest distance but definitely not Beijing to Guanzhou.

I will perfer the train,the cost is cheaper and the railway station is in the city and is well connected by all subway lines.the airport is kind of far from urban Beijing and it's kind of troublesome to take an airplane due to all those hassles.and there are a lot of people get jitters when taking an airplane.stay on the ground is always a better option for those people,maybe I m a little bit one of them.

I will perfer the train,the cost is cheaper and the railway station is in the city and is well connected by all subway lines.the airport is kind of far from urban Beijing and it's kind of troublesome to take an airplane due to all those hassles.and there are a lot of people get jitters when taking an airplane.stay on the ground is always a better option for those people,maybe I m a little bit one of them.

I would stay on the ground for any flights that last less than 90 minutes. To fly, we need to commute to the airport, wait for the plane and risk delays and cancellations. Also, a bad weather would ground the flights. How would incremental weather affect HSR?

Air tickets are used to be very expensive,and the prices drop significantly after the operation of the high speed trains.That's a good news for those who often travel by plane.

the airline companies are now trying to kill this longest high-speed railway.
they give 80%-85% discount now....

Back
Top Bottom