AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.worldstopexports.com/pakistans-top-10-imports/
* Note these figures were from 2016 when dollar was around $80 for 1 rupee

TEA:coffee:
Pakistanis Drink Too Much Tea—Imports Increased By 3.19 Percent. According to statistics Pakistan has imported Tea worth $491 million in the last 11 months form July, 2016 to May, 2017 to meet the current rising demand of Tea in the country

More rupees now are needed to import same amount

Mineral Fuel:
Mineral fuels including oil: US$17.1 billion (28.4% of total imports)
Was expecting it to be just 5 billion , isn't 17 Billion a bit high ????
When we live next to Iran cheap oil source !!! Come on people come on!!!
:crazy::crazy::coffee:

Computers:
Machinery including computers: $6.3 billion (10.4%)

Electric Machinery:
Electrical machinery, equipment: $4.3 billion (7.2%)

Raw Items:
Iron, steel: $3.7 billion (6.1%)

Organic Chemicals
Organic chemicals: $2.8 billion (4.6%)

Vehicles & Automobile
Vehicles: $2.6 billion (4.3%) :crazy: [Killing our state bank foreign reserves]

Plastics
Plastics, plastic articles: $2.5 billion (4.1%):big_boss: [Ban Plastic Bottles and Bags !!!]

Animals / Vegetable Oil
Animal/vegetable fats, oils, waxes: $2.1 billion (3.5%):wacko::haha: what??????

Oil Seeds:
Oil seeds: $1.5 billion (2.4%)

Cotton:
Cotton: $1.3 billion (2.1%)
:laughcry::ashamed::sarcastic:
Come on man we are agricultural country we are importing cotton for 1.3 Billion wtf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immediate Avoidable Items

** Ban Cotton Import -----------------------------------: Save 1.3 Billion Dollars
** Ban Vegetable/Animal Fat , use local animal fat----: Save 2.1 Billion Dollars
** Ban Automobile Import------------------------------: Save 2.6 Billion Dollars
** Ban Plastic Imports ----------------------------------:Save 2.5 Billion Dollars
** Reduce Oil Imports by 50% -------------------------:Save 8.0 Billion Dollars

We can save almost 15 Billion dollar from our Books by just , banning stuff we don't need!!!

Last edited:

TEA
Pakistanis Drink Too Much Tea—Imports Increased By 3.19 Percent. According to statistics Pakistan has imported Tea worth $491 million in the last 11 months form July, 2016 to May, 2017 to meet the current rising demand of Tea in the country

We used to drink noon chai in my state of J&K... home grown.. no imports needed

Thought Pakistan was an exporter of tea as well.. I think I have tried pakistani tea here in Germany.

TEA

491 dollars that insane ... I recommend to put a ban on tea

Raw Items:
Iron, steel: $3.7 billion (6.1%)

Organic Chemicals
Organic chemicals: $2.8 billion (4.6%)
These 2 are stupid levels! And something CAN be done but DOESNT!

Where is your source coming from? - Please give sources after each claim ..Thank you

Animals / Vegetable Oil
Animal/vegetable fats, oils, waxes: $2.1 billion (3.5%):wacko::haha: what??????

Oil Seeds:
Oil seeds: $1.5 billion (2.4%)

Cotton:
Cotton: $1.3 billion (2.1%)
:laughcry::ashamed::sarcastic:
Another 3 which can be "fixed" all with the help of research!

Why can't we grow our own tea?
Its climate based
The tea plant
The tea plant is an evergreen, tropical plant from the Camellia family, tea (Camellia sinensis) has green, shiny pointed leaves - not dissimilar to privet hedges seen in Britain - and was originally indigenous to both China and India.

In its wild state, tea grows best in regions which enjoy a warm, humid climate with a rainfall measuring at least 100 centimetres a year. Ideally, it likes deep, light, acidic and well-drained soil. Given these conditions, tea will grow in areas from sea level up to altitudes as high as 2,100 metres above sea level.

https://www.tea.co.uk/tea-growing-and-production
I think it has more to do with lack of interest! Maharaja ki aulaad doesnt want to do hard work of planting and picking it!

$1 ~ 103 PKR in 2016.
Yea that has caused the increase we see ...But still!

Source
http://www.worldstopexports.com/pakistans-top-10-imports/

99% of our problems can be solved by simply Banning stuff we don't need , sit in meeting room , with 40 Top Executives or Politicians who are responsible for Trade (Import/Export) and release a memo

Ban , certain categories 100% from entering Pakistani Soil no buts and we will save 15 Billion and it will stabilize our National Reserve

Send Mail/Phone/SMS to all traders with Pakistani Presence , no imports allowed for certain categories untill State Bank reserves stabalize

Last edited:
These 2 are stupid levels! And something CAN be done but DOESNT!

Where is your source coming from? - Please give sources after each claim ..Thank you

Another 3 which can be "fixed" all with the help of research!

The tea plant
The tea plant is an evergreen, tropical plant from the Camellia family, tea (Camellia sinensis) has green, shiny pointed leaves - not dissimilar to privet hedges seen in Britain - and was originally indigenous to both China and India.

In its wild state, tea grows best in regions which enjoy a warm, humid climate with a rainfall measuring at least 100 centimetres a year. Ideally, it likes deep, light, acidic and well-drained soil. Given these conditions, tea will grow in areas from sea level up to altitudes as high as 2,100 metres above sea level.

https://www.tea.co.uk/tea-growing-and-production
I think it has more to do with lack of interest! Maharaja ki aulaad doesnt want to do hard work of planting and picking it!

Yea that has caused the increase we see ...But still!
Let me research it

Banning cotton import may hurt the textile business. Textiles are the few value added industries we have.... wouldn't mess with it.

Let me research it
I am not sure but I have a feeling it needs alot of water....

Banning cotton import may hurt the textile business. Textiles are the few value added industries we have.... wouldn't mess with it.
Well we need to increase our own production so we can ban import! But not much research is done in this section ALTHOUGH we have whole centers for cotton [god knows what cheap research these waste tax payers money on! ] production YET we still import seeds and varieties! Laziness at its best!

In my knowledge, the best Cotton producing areas (around south Punjab) have no real Textile industry. However, there are numerous Sugar mills and since sugarcane given more profit, farmers are inclined toward Sugarcane crop.

Tea is also possible to harvest in KPK and northern areas in Pakistan. But it needs financial support from Government. I was told that it needs a slope area so that water is flown away quickly from roots. Also, a plant takes 5-7 years to mature and farmers usually don't have enough capital to wait for this long for RoI

Back
Top Bottom