What's new

Every Muslim brother has a Sikh sister!This Pakistani man’s message to Gurmehar Kaur is going viral

What proof do you have of ABVP threatening her? On what basis did you make this claim?
Khalistani or not she has a history of organizing such protest..She organized several speech events against army on whether surgical strike or afzal Guru hanging..
We the people of Bengal are fed up of those people.There are no RSS or ABVP in kolkata but just go through the campus of Jadavpur or Calcutta university.It has become a hub of drug & anti national acts..Often these commis vandalize classroom on irrelevant issues,beat teachers,go on march.Police comes everytime only for eyewash.
Now for upcoming Delhi election they have systematically tried to put blame on ABVP to demean BJP.
If you go with logic several ABVP women member were also beaten badly.No media has caught attention..That girl has filed rape threat case after three days when she felt pressure from social media.After filing FIR she left Delhi.Her plan has backfired her.

Only cowards threaten a little girl when there is a big army across the border who is ready to give them the fight that they want. Heck even Kashmiris would be willing to fight them if they are itching for one. Instead they want to jump like retard monkeys and threaten a paternal orphan. It's also messed up to these bhapa Sikhs from Delhi with last names like Makkar also jumping into the fray.

And excuse me, we all live on the same planet. Even if Pakistani Punjabis had nothing in common with the Indian side they have a right to express their opinion.

Exactly, why are some people so intent on dehumanising Pakistanis?

If somebody across the border, regardless of religion or ethnicity calls for peace we will always support it. When that same person ends up getting detailed rape threats, then we will do our best to defend them.

Calling for peace is not 'pro-Pakistani', and humanising the enemy does not make you an 'anti-national'

Exactly, why are some people so intent on dehumanising Pakistanis?

If somebody across the border, regardless of religion or ethnicity calls for peace we will always support it. When that same person ends up getting detailed rape threats, then we will do our best to defend them.

Calling for peace is not 'pro-Pakistani', and humanising the enemy does not make you an 'anti-national'

What I find very disturbing is that I interacted with a lot of Indians growing up. They seemed like good human beings in general and were ready to listen even if they disagreed with you. On these forums, a lot of Indians will shout you down and their views seem to be right wing. Wonder if it is a trend with the newer generation or if this forum is not representative of real life.

Extremist who ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_anti-Sikh_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Blue_Star
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabeg_Singh
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/07/02/world/general-promises-to-punish-sikh-mutineers.html
And the list goes on and on ........

We don't have a problem with Pakistanis, not on religious lines at least. You're going to have to find somebody else to fight for Hindutva. We're just happy to co-exist with everybody sorry.

Too bad the call of co existence was ignored in 1947.
The Whole area of Karol Bagh and Gaffar Market is filled with Saradarjis who felt they can coexist !

True, they didn't learn their lesson and had to learn it again in 1984. Anyway, my point is let's move on, we can be better than our ancestors. We have the benefit of education they didn't.
And my point is they (they as in Sikhs) made the correct decision in 1947. For the few who thought or think that they can co exist in the land of milk and honey, should visit certain pockets of Karol Bagh. The one I am talking about are recent migrants (asylum seeker to be precise).

Last edited:
This Pakistani man’s message to Gurmehar Kaur is going viral again
Akin to Kaur, Khan holds up placards saying how he wishes that there was peace between the two countries, no visa restrictions and that we could safely say that every Muslim brother has a Sikh sister

By: Trends Desk | New Delhi | Published:March 1, 2017 12:59 pm
gurmehar-response_759.jpg
‘You surely got a brother’
While we debate ad nauseam the placard that a Kargil martyr’s daughter Gurmehar Kaur held a year back without current context, here’s another video that has resurfaced online and is being widely shared now – and it’s a message from a Pakistani guy to Kaur. For those who haven’t followed the Ramjas violence case, Kaur launched an online poster campaign against violence in DU – after ABVP members took fisticuffs in order to stop a seminar that was to see participation by Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid.

Now, in our eagerness to establish our love for our country, many – including celebrity intellectuals – conveniently ignored the actual text on the placard Kaur was holding up now, and instead focused on a year-old placard from a video series that spoke of peace between India and Pakistan. Branding the 20-year-old an anti-national and whatnot, Twitter trolls embroiled her in a debate that had little basis. Any attempt at suggesting that the ‘infamous’ placard was taken out of context – from a video titled Soldier of Peace, no less – was drowned out.

READ MORE | Gurmehar Kaur’s old placard came in handy for trolls to slam her for SaveDU campaign

Now, after the latest campaign has been withdrawn, the trolls have gotten their way, the online space is finally waking up to these old videos. Edits are being written, and people have started acknowledging that somewhere something went wrong. Among the videos being shared now is this one by Australia-resident Fayaz Khan, a Pakistani who posted a response to Kaur’s original video sending her love from the “Dushman Desh”.

Akin to Kaur, Khan holds up placards saying how he wishes that there was peace between the two countries, no visa restrictions and that we could safely say that every Muslim brother has a Sikh sister.

The Gurmehar Kaur controversy is a perfect example of jumping the gun without a thought. As we wake up to the underlying context, let us hope this will be a lesson for all for future discourses to be led by thought and reasoning. Or maybe in today’s click-n-tweet-happy world, that’s expecting too much.

http://indianexpress.com/article/tr...o-gurmehar-kaur-is-going-viral-again-4549206/
Well if you were really a brother we would not be two different countries. It cannot be simpler than that.

And my point is they (they as in Sikhs) made the correct decision in 1947. For the few who thought or think that they can co exist in the land of milk and honey, should visit certain pockets of Karol Bagh

Nothing I said contradicts what you said? I said coexist with all which is what the normal Indian wants except for the far right with which ABVP is associated with.

Nothing I said contradicts what you said? I said coexist with all which is what the normal Indian wants except for the far right with which ABVP is associated with.

Nope you said they learnt their lesson in 1947 and I argued that, that was the correct decision they made,
But more importantly, the thing to ponder upon is why would they continue to chose the country whose Prime Minister himself says that he is a "Hindu Nationalist" thus promoting the very "Hindutva" that you were cursing in one of your previous post, which means they do not share your concern of intolerance.

Indians believe in co existence and hence we have a constitution which says so, the constitution of a country where you were suggesting that you can "Co-exist" will tell you another story that might shatter your view of co existence with everyone.

the constitution of a country where you were suggesting that you can "Co-exist"

I wasn't suggesting moving to Pakistan or even forming Khalistan if that is what you are implying. I was talking about co-existing with Indian Hindus and Muslims as well as Pakistani Muslims while remaining in India.

But more importantly, the thing to ponder upon is why would they continue to chose the country whose Prime Minister himself says that he is a "Hindu Nationalist" thus promoting the very "Hindutva" that you were cursing in one of your previous post, which means they do not share your concern of intolerance.

Because not everybody or even most people in India are Hindutva nationalists? The Prime Minister will come and go and India will continue to exist...

I wasn't suggesting moving to Pakistan or even forming Khalistan if that is what you are implying. I was talking about co-existing with Indian Hindus and Muslims as well as Pakistani Muslims while remaining in India.

Because not everybody or even most people in India are Hindutva nationalists? The Prime Minister will come and go and India will continue to exist...

How do you co-exist with Pakistani Muslims while living in India?

Sitting back in countries like US, Canada or India you can talk about co existence, but the one I am talking about learnt the hard way. The Poor chaps did there best to co exist but nevertheless they found solace in the land where its Prime Minister is "Hindu Nationalist".

You need to teach this "co-exist with Pakistani Muslims" rare art to these asylum seeker sikhs, last enquired they want to convert themselves to Indian citizen.

What I find very disturbing is that I interacted with a lot of Indians growing up. They seemed like good human beings in general and were ready to listen even if they disagreed with you. On these forums, a lot of Indians will shout you down and their views seem to be right wing. Wonder if it is a trend with the newer generation or if this forum is not representative of real life.

Hey bro. In my experience these forums are pretty far away from being representative of real life. Growing up in Norway i've had plenty of pakistani friends and i never felt any kind of hatred or animostity from them at all. And most of the indians i know dont really care much about politics and neither they have any negative opinion of pakistan. But on these forums you can see some really disturbing attitude. Being an Indian, i obviously feel that pakistanis here are the worst with some really perverse racism and hatred against indians and hindus in particular, but i can totally understand if pakistanis feels the opposite being true as there are plenty retarted indians here also.

I dont think many are here to have a serious discussion. I think the mods lost control long time ago. They should have had zero tolerance against trolling, but that means permanently banning a lot of really active members, which means less traffic, which means less revenue.

Hey bro. In my experience these forums are pretty far away from being representative of real life. Growing up in Norway i've had plenty of pakistani friends and i never felt any kind of hatred or animostity from them at all. And most of the indians i know dont really care much about politics and neither they have any negative opinion of pakistan. But on these forums you can see some really disturbing attitude. Being an Indian, i obviously feel that pakistanis here are the worst with some really perverse racism and hatred against indians and hindus in particular, but i can totally understand if pakistanis feels the opposite being true as there are plenty retarted indians here also.

I dont think many are here to have a serious discussion. I think the mods lost control long time ago. They should have had zero tolerance against trolling, but that means permanently banning a lot of really active members, which means less traffic, which means less revenue.

I agree with you 100%. I personally feel that discussion forums are a bit archaic. I like the format of Reddit, unfortunately the Indian and Pakistani subreddits are not very active. I find myself coming here less and less these days for the reasons that you mentioned.

I agree with you 100%. I personally feel that discussion forums are a bit archaic. I like the format of Reddit, unfortunately the Indian and Pakistani subreddits are not very active. I find myself coming here less and less these days for the reasons that you mentioned.

I generally come here to read news related to south-asia. And if my day is really boring, i find myself going through the discussion forums. I have to admit that sometimes it can be entertaining watching retards form both side of the borders "fight in the mud". Other then that, this forum dont have much to offer. It could have been a place were pakistanis and indians come together, instead i feel it just creats unnecessary animosity

Back
Top Bottom