What's new

Eurozone crisis live: Unemployment rate hits new high of 11.1%

I bet 15 yrs from now they will come to India and China to find jobs and make companies. Asia will bring europe on its knees. These people don't know the meaning of hardwork anymore. We need to remind them you dont get money if you don't like to work.

we find per capita income of Russia, Argentina and Brazil as below. its clear, why EU wants free Visa scheme with Russia this way..... going to a country like Brazil for working 'illegally', by air fare etc, while now Europeans may enter in Russia by train this way :tsk:

Brazil GDP per capita PPP

Argentina GDP per capita PPP

Russia GDP per capita PPP

with that, we do know the fact that even this year, russian economy is growing by at least 4.5% while that of South American economies like Brazil, Argentina would grow by hardly close to or less than 1.0% this year, and so in future also :meeting:

Clueless as always....only the Putina fans are staying in Russia, everyone else is running.....

A tale of two Russians

Some good news again. :wave:

Analysis: Greek deal puts euro zone in slow recovery room

I bet 15 yrs from now they will come to India and China to find jobs and make companies. Asia will bring europe on its knees. These people don't know the meaning of hardwork anymore. We need to remind them you dont get money if you don't like to work.

the way US and EU are borrowing debt to bear expanses and keep their currency at the current level, that time is not far away when they may have an experience like Zimbabwe....... even their current GDP level is based on to much Value Added factor, due to the imported cheap manufactured products from the developing nations, and they simply can't have these industries in US itself again as it will then result in high inflation which will then make them paying high interests on the debt they have borrowed till now. for example of US, if inflation rise to 7% any year, say, if in case they bring their industries back, then it will increase interest payments to around 7% on total debt, or around $1.2trillions to date as below, means 33% of total Budget Expenditure of $3.6trillions....... :meeting:

U.S. National Debt Clock

they now have to keep waiting for an experience like Zimbabwe, hopefully till the end this decade :wave:

first read the 'very true' story of Europe as in post#18, and similar to other stories of this thread itself.

and then check this true story of US as below too :wave:

America

lol, yea i wont read from a source called EscapeFromAmericaMagazine, something tells me it isn't unbiased.......however, i can say that US PMI rose, EU PMI has fallen slower, good news from Greece (buying it's debt back :), markets are all on the up, Euro is on the up, China PMI rising as well, officials for the first time signalling the end of this mess officially....

So, when will this inevitable doom arrive?
Hopefully when it does and i have to relocate to India, like fellow member karan21 implies, you people will have managed to feed me and build me some urinal facilities. And some A/C ofcourse.

Now as im not interested to post everytime after you disproving your silly smallfolk wishes, i will give you an estimate:
You have about 6-8 months to get really wild (to be honest, the really wild time is gone already-it was the time when Greece was rumoured to leave/euro breakup) with all the doom and gloom predictions before we dig ourselves out. Knock yourself out, i know the ingrained inferiority complex you foster is aching for it.

Rise in factory activity lifts world shares

there has always been shift of powers historically , what we call as power shifts hands. The changing paradigm shifted the power from asia to europe and now its time for asia to get it back . similarly to the transitions of power from britain to germany to russia and then america ,nothing is constant so let it be and let the asia roar ...end times for europe ......another decline waiting to be written down in history books .

But i wish asia to show the same unity which european countries showed ,the only hurdle for asia is so many tussles going around with india-china, india-Pak, china-japan-taiwan-south korea, northe korea-south korea you name it .....This is the only cause that may pull asia back to the status quo ... i hope we can work on the french-german-britain model which uncle sam dont wants us to thats why we periodically see uncle sam and european major players changing side from iran to iraq, from Pak to india, form afghanistan to russia ....

Till these fat a$$es are ruling us no chance for refraining western influence may it be economic, political , social or religious, otherwise asia always had the potential to rule . we have oil rich countries, we have large labor force, we have cheap factors of production , we have population , we have natural resources , we have a good chunk of leading technological giants

lol, yea i wont read from a source called EscapeFromAmericaMagazine, something tells me it isn't unbiased.......however, i can say that US PMI rose, EU PMI has fallen slower, good news from Greece (buying it's debt back :), markets are all on the up, Euro is on the up, China PMI rising as well, officials for the first time signalling the end of this mess officially....

So, when will this inevitable doom arrive?
Hopefully when it does and i have to relocate to India, like fellow member karan21 implies, you people will have managed to feed me and build me some urinal facilities. And some A/C ofcourse.

Now as im not interested to post everytime after you disproving your silly smallfolk wishes, i will give you an estimate:
You have about 6-8 months to get really wild (to be honest, the really wild time is gone already-it was the time when Greece was rumoured to leave/euro breakup) with all the doom and gloom predictions before we dig ourselves out. Knock yourself out, i know the ingrained inferiority complex you foster is aching for it.

Rise in factory activity lifts world shares

and the same is very true in your case also. as, if you dont have any professional degree from a reputed Western institute yet, then you would better live in europe until you are graduated. and hence, even if you haven't got any experience like post#81 yet, you have no choice other than to say that you do maintain superiority for being in EU.....:coffee:

otherwise we do know, how Europeans, mainly British i saw, die to get a $20/hour casual job in Sydney while living in 6 bed rooms etc on working holiday visas.... a labor is hardly a labor, even if he/she is based in West, and if you are an Indian origin then you must be doing professional studies to have the status your family expect from you :tup:

i didn't get your reply, its looks like you haven't secured a professional job yet.... i fear but its less likely that you may even bring a girl from India in these tough circumstances of Europe+US, like the post#81 & #94 and as per the news as below..... so better you would keep fcuking here and there while living in Europe as it is, :wave: :tup:

NRI grooms no longer in demand
Oct 23, 2012

The charm of the NRI groom is fading in the marriage market as overseas economies continue to be unstable.

Indian brides, it seems, are paying attention to what the song, "Pardesiyon Se Naa Ankhiyaan Milana", preaches. Girls from NRI families too, are humming "Yeh Mera India". It's India shining for both when it comes to seeking life partners, as Indian and NRI girls want matches in India. Now, while 50% of Indians as well as NRIs discreetly mention in their wedding profiles on matchmaking portals that they are not interested in an NRI match, the remaining 50% don't put 'NRI' as even one of the options in the preferences.

Gourav Rakshit from a wedding portal says, "During recession in 2008 and 2009, 60% of the people registering on our portal mentioned 'no NRI grooms'. In 2011, after America was stripped of its AAA rating and many NRIs returned home looking for jobs, this year too, 50% have mentioned they don't want NRI grooms." Rakshit adds that things have gotten worse as even NRI girls are now looking for India-based grooms. "Many NRI families seeking a match for their daughters too have mentioned they don't want an NRI groom," he says.

Faced with declining salaries and job cuts, an increasing number of NRIs is moving to India. The Doshi family in New Jersey is one such. Their daughter, Hetal, who is married to an IT professional, recently shifted to India after her husband lost his job. Her parents have now decided to look for an Indian groom for their younger daughter, Shikha. Her father, Jigen Doshi, told us, "Many NRIs are shifting to India. Western economies are unstable."

Murugavel Janakiraman, founder and CEO of another wedding portal, says, "With the Indian economy booming, Indian grooms are looking as attractive as the NRI ones. Indian brides are realising that professionals in India are as smart, qualified and well-paid as their NRI counterparts."

Says Anushree Pal, who is looking for a groom for her 26-year-old daughter, "After 9/11 and other terror attacks around the world, there have been so many reports where Indians have not been treated well. I don't want that to be the case with my daughter. Also, we have everything here now - from top brands to supermarkets. My daughter will have it all, so why go for an NRI?"

For research analyst Preeti Vats*, 26, India is where the heart is. "Given the recession that's hit the foreign market, my parents haven't looked for a match outside India. India is progressing at an amazing rate - we have everything here, including our families." Says Suggandha Mehrotra, 26, 'I would rather marry a desi because they are a safer bet. There are fewer chances of them being handed the pink slip."

NRI grooms no longer in demand - Times Of India

Switzerland arming in preparation for European meltdown
12 October, 2012

members-forces-army-switzerlands.n.jpg

The Swiss Army is preparing contingency plans for violent unrest across Europe. A nation mostly famous for its banks, watches and chocolate fears it may face a massive influx of European refugees in the near future.

One of the world’s richest nations openly expressed concerns over the possible outcome of Europe’s continuing financial troubles, and is currently conducting army exercises against the possibility of riots along its borders.

In September, the Swiss military conducted exercises dubbed ‘Stabilo Due,’ with scenarios involving violent instability across the EU.

Switzerland has maintained an avowedly neutral stance for decades, and refused to join the eurozone when presented with the opportunity.

Bern’s biggest fear is likely the disorganization of neighboring nations’ armies that would follow general instability; the eurozone crisis and the severe austerity measures in the EU are forcing member-states to significantly slash their military budgets. If protest continues to spread across Europe, police and armed forces may find themselves ill-equipped to manage the unrest.

"I will not rule out that we will need the army in the coming years,” Swiss Defense Minister Ueli Maurer said last Sunday.

The Swiss Defense Ministry has pressed ahead to modernize the country’s army despite political opposition. With its multibillion-Franc military budget and an army of around 200,000 soldiers, the country also plans to purchase new ‘Saab Gripen’ jet fighters.

Switzerland arming in preparation for European meltdown? — RT

Poverty returns to Europe by leaps and bounds

The news about the economic situation in the EU reminds frontline reports. Head of Unilever in Western Europe, Ian Zeyderveld, from the pages of the Financial Times Deutschland said that poverty is returning to Europe. The main reason for the increasingly lower income of the residents of the Old World is a full-blown crisis in the euro area that is still far from complete.

Ian Zeyderveld has proposed a new strategy to remedy the rapidly declining profits of Unilever in Western Europe. He believes that product packaging should be made smaller to reduce its price. It works both in Asia and now in Europe. The Unilever is not alone in changing its marketing strategy in the crisis-stricken European countries.

Head of the Department on International Financial Issues at the Centre for European Economic Research, Professor Michael Schroeder said that the European crisis affects export-oriented producers more than others. As a result, market conditions weaken, unemployment rises, and living standards lower. According to the expert, this situation may last for three to four years. Numerous examples of the fall of the level of European citizens clearly illustrate his words.

In its study, the British Guardian newspaper found that 83 percent of teachers in the UK every day see hungry students. Over half of teachers say that in the last couple of years the number of hungry school children has increased, as many British families are suffering from reduced benefits, unemployment and recession. Almost half of the teachers admitted to feeding starving scholars, one in five even gives them money for lunch. Why is this happening?

The Center of the Modern Family in the UK conducted a study that demonstrated the effects of the fall of wages and cost of living for the Britons, and increased cost of goods and services related to child care. The crisis also hurts young Britons of 18-32 years old – according to the survey, one in five cannot pay their utility bills, and one in eight young resident of England skips lunch for the opportunity to feed their family.

But Britain is not the poorest country in Western Europe. The situation in not so wealthy economies of the region is much worse. The unemployment rate for people aged 16 to 24 years old in Italy is 28 percent, in Greece – 43 percent, and in Spain – 51 percent.

The Greek economy in the past year fell by 6 percent, the recession in the country has been ongoing for five years, and it is projected that this year the economy will fall by another 5 percent. About 20 percent of retail stores were shut down. The number of suicides in Greece over the last 12 months has increased by 40 percent, and the amount of debt of the Greek government, according to the IMF, is 160 percent of GDP.

In June of this year, the public debt of Italy, according to the local central bank, has reached a record $2 trillion euros, which is 123 percent of its GDP. Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti said that Italy does not need financial help from the EU, but only moral support, which is hard to believe.

The second largest economy in Europe after Germany, France, has also suffered from the crisis. According to the Statistics Bureau of France Insee, this is the third stagnant quarter in a row. Stagnation is, of course, not a recession, but the country’s government has a lot to think about.

Perhaps one of a few countries that are more or less stable during the financial storms is Germany. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, the growth of the economy of Germany for the year 2012 was 0.5 percent. It had a positive impact on the growth of domestic consumption and export.

The opinion of the Europeans about the situation is worthy of note. In July of 2012, the results of the survey “Eurobarometer” that tracks the level of anxiety and concern among residents of the Old World were published. It turned out that 71 percent of the EU citizens consider the economic situation in the country poor.

30 percent of the residents of the EU assess their position in the labor market as unsatisfactory. 100 percent of Greek believes that the economy is in trouble. The same opinion on the state of the national economies was expressed by 99 percent of the population of Spain, 96 percent of Irish, 93 percent of Hungarians and 92 percent of Italians.

However, according to the same survey, there are optimistic countries, whose people consider the situation in their countries more than acceptable. Among them are 83 percent of Swedes, 77 percent of Germans, 66 percent of Austrians and 55 percent of Danes.

According to head of the Scientific Research of Mises Center Yaroslav Romanchuk, now there is a situation where we have two Europes – a happy one (mainly Germany and Scandinavia), and the rest – about 20 countries, and the difference between the two Europes is turning into an abyss. The consequence of this situation is growing nationalism, resentment, and envy.

The crisis also affected most affluent segments of the population of Europe. According to a research by Capgemini and Royal Bank of Canada, the wealth of millionaires not only in the EU, but in the entire world in recent years has declined. The exceptions are, perhaps, only the fat cats in the Middle East. Last year, the total wealth of the world’s millionaires fell by 1.7 percent – the first such decline since 2008.

The number of the super-rich decreased by 2.5 percent. The report’s authors say this is due to the fact that wealthy people abroad often invest their money in low liquidity and high risk assets – such as real estate

However, statistics shows an increase in the number of millionaires in Europe at 1.1 percent due to the fact that the wealthy people of the continent now prefer to invest in foreign assets. The largest number of wealthy people now lives in the Asia-Pacific region.

Chinese business advisor Andy Xie believes that the measures taken by the European leaders to improve the economic situation in the region cannot put an end to the crisis and are not radical and convincing enough. The expert sees the main cause of the crisis in their irresponsibility. The EU countries have broken the rules of their own game in terms of the budget deficits and mired in debt. Endless loans that were handed out in the past, sooner or later, would lead to a crisis.

The European leaders have asked the international community to support their nation, saying that otherwise the global economy will get worse. According to Xie, since Europe is the main trading partner of China, export-oriented Chinese firms are ruined. It is not just China – Europe is the main source of technological and industrial maintenance for Africa, and the crisis in Europe affects the situation in the most negative way.

Germany proposes to introduce austerity measures to cut all kinds of benefits and wages in the troubled areas of Europe, mainly in its south. However, these measures are becoming increasingly more ineffective and unpopular – unemployment is rising, the standard of living is falling, and the positive trend is not visible.

Andy Xie said that the inefficiency of today’s economy of Europe is due to its lavish social costs, ineffective trade unions, as well as confusing laws that prevent the development of competition. If the countries of Europe eliminate these obstacles to their development, the situation may markedly improve.

The administration of the U.S. President has sent to Europe the U.S. Treasury representative Lyle Brainard to encourage the governments of several countries in the anti-crisis measures. In particular, it is expected that the Eurozone stabilization funds will be used – about 700 billion euros – to recapitalize banks and provide financial assistance directly to financial companies, not the countries.

Poverty returns to Europe by leaps and bounds « Set You Free News

Dude, you are just butthurt, your beloved India is going slowest ina decade as per the recent market data and you feel the urge to post some shit so you feel better. How many people told you that you are mentally sick?

is your wife happy with you? How about your daughters? You can send them my way if you are loosing a grip. Ill make sure they come back smiling and not bothering big daddy, important bigshot in world politics. Ok? i can even m ake you a half caucasian grand son, wouldn't you be happy!

hahah, resorting to old news about Switzerland from RT? You're so desperate lol, it's funny as hell....

Dude, you are just butthurt, your beloved India is going slowest ina decade as per the recent market data and you feel the urge to post some shit so you feel better. How many people told you that you are mentally sick?

is your wife happy with you? How about your daughters? You can send them my way if you are loosing a grip. Ill make sure they come back smiling and not bothering big daddy, important bigshot in world politics. Ok? i can even m ake you a half caucasian grand son, wouldn't you be happy!

hahah, resorting to old news about Switzerland from RT? You're so desperate lol, it's funny as hell....

that was convincing enough .

(Reuters) - Euro zone exports jumped in October and wages grew only moderately in the third quarter, in the latest signs that the indebted bloc is regaining its competitive edge.

The euro zone's trade balance with the rest of the world swung to a 10.2 billion euro ($13 billion) surplus in October, versus a deficit a year ago, and foreign sales surged 14 percent, the EU's statistics office Eurostat said on Monday.

Strong exports, slight wage rises offer euro zone hope

Not out of the woods yet though. Though the recent free trade deal with Singapore will further help our exports make an impact throughout SE Asia.

In what way is India comparable to China economically? China is closer to the US in economic size.

(Reuters) - Euro zone factories sank deeper into recession in December as new orders tumbled, business surveys showed on Wednesday, a sharp contrast to continuing signs of revival in the United States and China.

In much of Europe though, the mood was downbeat. Purchasing managers' surveys in the 17-nation euro zone showed economic decline spread further into the core members, suggesting the overall economy may have slipped deeper into recession at the end of 2012.

Markit's Euro zone Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) edged down to 46.1 in December from November's 46.2, below a flash reading of 46.3. It has been below the 50 mark that divides growth from contraction since August 2011.

Euro zone factory slump deepens but U.S., Asia perk up | Reuters

Hopefully the bastards are correct in their expectations of a turn around sometime in the middle of this year.

Back
Top Bottom