beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Elon Musk claims the US government had ‘full access’ to private Twitter DMs​

BY OLAFIMIHAN OSHIN - 04/16/23 8:11 PM ET
SHARETWEET

Elon Musk departs the Phillip Burton Federal Building and United States Court House in San Francisco on Jan. 24, 2023. (AP Photo/Benjamin Fanjoy)

FILE – Elon Musk departs the Phillip Burton Federal Building and United States Court House in San Francisco on Jan. 24, 2023. Billionaire Elon Musk has told the BBC that running Twitter has been “quite painful” but that the social media company is now roughly breaking even after he acquired it late last year. (AP Photo/Benjamin Fanjoy, File)

Twitter CEO Elon Musk claimed in an interview that the U.S. government has “full access” to users’ private direct messages, saying knowing that information blew his mind.

In an excerpt of his Fox News interview with host Tucker Carlson, Musk told Carlson that he was shocked to find out about the government’s ability to read users’ direct messages on his platform.

“The degree to which government agencies effectively had full access to everything that was going on on Twitter blew my mind,” Musk, who recently founded an artificial intelligence company called X.AI, told Carlson in the interview set to air on Tuesday. “I was not aware of that.”

“Would that include people’s DMs?” Carlson asked Musk.

“Yes,” Musk replied to Carlson.

Musk also expressed his concern about the latest wave of artificial intelligence, referred to as A.I., telling Carlson that he believes the technology has the potential to destroy civilization.

“AI is more dangerous than, say, mismanaged aircraft design or production maintenance, or bad car production in the sense that it has the potential — however small one may regard that probability, but it is non-trivial — it has the potential for civilizational destruction,” Musk said.

The remarks come as Musk, who officially purchased the social media platform last month, has embroiled himself in another feud with National Public Radio (NPR), an independent news organization.

NPR announced last week that it would let its Twitter accounts go dormant and no longer post on the social media platform in response to Twitter adding a “state-affiliated media” label to a number of media outlets that receive some public funding.

Twitter then dropped the “state-affiliated” label and changed it to say “government funded,” after receiving widespread pushback from the decision.

In a statement, White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre said that NPR is an independent news organization, saying “If anyone were to follow their coverage, it is clear that they are indeed an independent news organization.”

Yeah and now he'll give authoritarian fascists like Modi's of the world full access to it as well.

Yeah and now he'll give authoritarian fascists like Modi's of the world full access to it as well.

I think he was saying they already may have had it.

He's basically saying all those extreme left wingers who thought Twitter used to be some crunchy granola Left-leaning Trans sanctuary..until it was ruined by Musk's purchase of it...has actually been a big Government sellout for a long time.

Last edited:
Once you are on the net consider everything local and on the net compromised. Any thing confidential should never go near the wire and wireless.

US government has full access to Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and almost everything on the Internet. Anyone thinking they're anonymous is crazy.

The day you become a person of interest they can create a profile of you that will tell them more about your psychological makeup than you or your mother knows about you.

US government has full access to Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and almost everything on the Internet. Anyone thinking they're anonymous is crazy.

The day you become a person of interest they can create a profile of you that will tell them more about your psychological makeup than you or your mother knows about you.

bC0zOS5qcGc.jpg

but...but...China will have access to U.S. user data looking as*.

Almost every social media sites, apps have to co-operate govt where they are providing services.
Otherwise they cannot work.

Edward Snowden already shows proof US including 5 Eyes countries not only spying, they are also co-operating each others.

We are the same bro. I suggest contact local copium dealer if you can't handle the truth

View attachment 925337

Sorry to break the news to you but the government doesn’t own most of those cameras in the US. Infact they likely own around 1%. While having government cameras watching intersections in China is common in the US they are mostly in high incident intersections.

The vast majority of cameras in the US are in retail establishments or homes with no access by the government.

Infact when something happens they ask people/businesses nearby to send the police any footage they may have.

So “Big Brother” isn’t doing the watching…the people are.

Last edited:
Sorry to break the news to you but the government doesn’t own most of those cameras in the US. Infact they likely own around 1%. While having government cameras watching intersections in China is common in the US they are mostly in high incident intersections.

The vast majority of cameras in the US are in retail establishments or homes with no access by the government.

Infact when something happens they ask people/businesses nearby to send the police any footage they may have.

So “Big Brother” isn’t doing the watching…the people are.

LOL! what makes you think China is any different?? I'm pretty sure only those cameras covering major traffic roads/hubs are looped in with the police network, which are indeed a very small number. CCTV is by definition closed circuit, which means footages are stored locally and can only be accessed by making a request to the business or individual who owns it. man why are you coping so hard? :lol: Just admit America has become another China but with worse infrastructure and drug problems..

LOL! what makes you think China is any different?? I'm pretty sure only those cameras covering major traffic roads/hubs are looped in with the police network, which are indeed a very small number. CCTV is by definition closed circuit, which means footages are stored locally and can only be accessed by making a request to the business or individual who owns it. man why are you coping so hard? :lol: Just admit America has become another China but with worse infrastructure and drug problems..
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol! Are you really going to sadly try and cope by saying the number of cameras deployed in the streets of China is comparable to the numbers deployed in the US?

Beijing artist dodges CCTV cameras for project created in defiance of China’s surveillance system​

LOL at this!!!!:

How China Tracks Everyone​

Check out all the data it gathering about people.

George Orwell already predicted that your Communist country was going to put cameras everywhere so your government can keep tabs on you all in the “name of law and order”. He could see it coming long before it ever crossed any of your sheepish minds.

“Eight of the top 10 most surveilled cities in the world are in China”

We’ve already been warned not to let the US Government do this. So cameras are not easily erected by local governments.

But we do have cameras. I have a doorbell camera that I can access on my phone..and unlike the ones in your apartment building it is not able to be accessed by the local police station.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom