What's new

Electronic Warfare: Where does Pakistan stand?

That's what I hoped myself, until people shared news of Operation Shahbaz on the forum.
Just saw your thread. Very unfortunate and criminal negligence by PAF. What if windows xp crashes at wartime? If they are using windows XP in virtualized environment even then it's risky to use it on such sensitive systems.

That's what I hoped myself, until people shared news of Operation Shahbaz on the forum.
Mate if they are using xp in some areas there would be a sound reason for it, what? U dont think PAF can buy windows 10? Dont be an infant.

Mate if they are using xp in some areas there would be a sound reason for it, what? U dont think PAF can buy windows 10? Dont be an infant.

You should first understand the topic on which you are trying to lecture. Although Windows XP itself is an extremely horrible choice, the point isn't to replace it with another Microsoft product. The point is that software peddled by foreign organizations SHOULD NOT be used on defence systems until and unless we have full access to the source code.

You should first understand the topic on which you are trying to lecture. Although Windows XP itself is an extremely horrible choice, the point isn't to replace it with another Microsoft product. The point is that software peddled by foreign organizations SHOULD NOT be used on defence systems until and unless we have full access to the source code.
going back long time here - no US microsoft products are allowed to be used. everything used to be based off BSD unix and later on with Ubuntu variants.

Just saw your thread. Very unfortunate and criminal negligence by PAF. What if windows xp crashes at wartime? If they are using windows XP in virtualized environment even then it's risky to use it on such sensitive systems.

I'd recommend using Ctrl+Alt+Del. ;)

5th GFA Platform will enhance or at-least provide some sort of indication and lacking.
In General Except Russo-Yankie Saga, many EU nations themselves are using commercialized off-shelf solutions so why is PAF being criticized here ? Doesn’t make any sense WSE.

Sir instead of Using An operation system, I think a separate PL platform needs to be developed!

5th GFA Platform will enhance or at-least provide some sort of indication and lacking.
In General Except Russo-Yankie Saga, many EU nations themselves are using commercialized off-shelf solutions so why is PAF being criticized here ? Doesn’t make any sense WSE.

Sir instead of Using An operation system, I think a separate PL platform needs to be developed!

In many cases, European nations are the manufacturers. Similarly, Microsoft has a program wherein large, security conscious entities such as governments can demand access to their source code so they can run their own audit. PAF has no such system in place, and doesn't have the capability to audit source code. If they actually licensed it from Microsoft, showing their identity as PAF, rest assured they were given software with backdoors. The Americans would not pass a golden opportunity to gain advantage over a nation's airforce.

There is no need for a separate platform. They need to gain expertise in open source software to such an extent, that their personnel understand every single path in the software. Take the Linux kernel, and strip it down to the bare minimum needed by PAF. Perform a full security audit, identify weaknesses and remove them. Now use this hardened version as standard. This is the bare minimum that is needed across all sensitive organizations. Once expertise is gained, then they can think about alternates.

In many cases, European nations are the manufacturers. Similarly, Microsoft has a program wherein large, security conscious entities such as governments can demand access to their source code so they can run their own audit. PAF has no such system in place, and doesn't have the capability to audit source code. If they actually licensed it from Microsoft, showing their identity as PAF, rest assured they were given software with backdoors. The Americans would not pass a golden opportunity to gain advantage over a nation's airforce.

There is no need for a separate platform. They need to gain expertise in open source software to such an extent, that their personnel understand every single path in the software. Take the Linux kernel, and strip it down to the bare minimum needed by PAF. Perform a full security audit, identify weaknesses and remove them. Now use this hardened version as standard. This is the bare minimum that is needed across all sensitive organizations. Once expertise is gained, then they can think about alternates.
Well I for once was in the presence of men debating why the PAF was using Microsoft XP.
The best inference they drew was the fact XP was the cheapest among the windows another-one said it is because the PAF uses a special type of WindowsXP that is more suited for its role ! Well Who really knows maybe OP shehbaz for which I have no clue was better suited with windows XP? Maybe for the Indians they have Linux in store now as you just said ! EW is a highly classified subject btw I’m not disclosing anything just speculating .

I'd recommend using Ctrl+Alt+Del. ;)
That would autopilot crash the Jet into a Indian Cow !
Then 50% of your armed forces will surrender.

Well I for once was in the presence of men debating why the PAF was using Microsoft XP.
The best inference they drew was the fact XP was the cheapest among the windows another-one said it is because the PAF uses a special type of WindowsXP that is more suited for its role ! Well Who really knows maybe OP shehbaz for which I have no clue was better suited with windows XP? Maybe for the Indians they have Linux in store now as you just said ! EW is a highly classified subject btw I’m not disclosing anything just speculating .

Op Shahbaz was conducted by a hacker group against PAF systems running Windows + Avast antivirus (if I remember correctly). They released a virus which remained undetected, until the virus itself started giving alerts to reveal its presence. And then personnel at PAF has no clue what's going in, so an international consultancy firm has to be hired. All of this was shared on the forum.

That's the level of competence. You can figure out how well they can conduct EW.

Op Shahbaz was conducted by a hacker group against PAF systems running Windows + Avast antivirus (if I remember correctly). They released a virus which remained undetected, until the virus itself started giving alerts to reveal its presence. And then personnel at PAF has no clue what's going in, so an international consultancy firm has to be hired. All of this was shared on the forum.

That's the level of competence. You can figure out how well they can conduct EW.
just look at the manpacks used also gives you an understanding on what secure comms should be like let alone EW

When your EW game is weak

3787032831477649961.jpg

The insurance policy commercial was needed with this one had to add that in

Cyber warfare is very expensive business. That's why it's a separate command in India.

We couldn't brought down a single MQ1 in last 18 years.. We couldn't even jammed gps which USA used to bomb our civilians..
Why would we want to do that when it was happening with the knowledge and agreement of the Government and the armed forces. Obviously the US Forces managed to settle a few scores of their own as well but there was complicit involvement of the Government and the defence apparatus.
A

should at least put the cyber protection wing straight. there are a lot of IT guys running around in Pakistan. unfortunately, even if competent people are hired, the wardi wallahs sitting on top would not give them a free hand and will even try to limit them.

Understanding at the wafer level. What are the peculiarities of a given manufacturing process? Does it lead to bleeding effects in adjacent transistors?
leaky transistors themselves are a problem. dennard scaling law ended ages ago.

The full implications of Maxwell's equations and the practical outcomes when EM energy interacts with modern materials such as meta-materials.
as far as I know, people at RIMMMS, NUST are working on it. dont know if their research will translate to anything practical. or organizations like the SPD will even be able to understand the what they are doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom