What's new

Electricity situation in Asia

These powercuts in India is a temporary situation due to monsoon. Once the temperature decreases the powercut will be gone.

In terms of electricity generation, India has improved a lot. My ancestral village is located in a remote village, 25 Km east of Samstipur, in Bihar. Till 3-4 years ago there was no electricity in the village. Now there is electricity in the village with 18 hrs + daily. This information i got from my elders staying there. So I would say there has been great improvement in electrification in Indian villages, atleast in bihar.

1 hour powercut daily in my city . But that doesn't affects me , cause usually its 4 am in the morning when power cuts :lol:

dude there is 2 to 3 hours of power-cut in Lucknow. which area do you live ?

How many hours a day?

I think it should be 12+

These powercuts in India is a temporary situation due to monsoon. Once the temperature decreases the powercut will be gone.

In terms of electricity generation, India has improved a lot. My ancestral village is located in a remote village, 25 Km east of Samstipur, in Bihar. Till 3-4 years ago there was no electricity in the village. Now there is electricity in the village with 18 hrs + daily. This information i got from my elders staying there. So I would say there has been great improvement in electrification in Indian villages, atleast in bihar.

Good to hear that. This means that Bihar is finally progressing under current Chief Minister Mr. Nitish Kumar.

So.....Akhilesh Yadav has made sure that at least Lucknow in Utter Pradesh gets almost uninterrupted power supply.

no bro, that is not true .
lucknow is experiencing worst power shortage crisis since the last decade . there were zero power cuts and load-shedding in lucknow . but this idiot CM has made sure 24 hr electricity supply is made in his constituencies at the cost of capital city of the state. kannauj, safai are no power cut zones. even mayawati times were better than SP gundaraaj.

Here in Bokaro Steel City, we rarely have power cuts, 24 7 electricity.I think its the best in Jharkhand.:enjoy:

Recently, I was in Tambram,Chennai. The situation aint good there. They have like 1-2 hours of load shedding everyday.

Tamil Nadu is a hell hole.. 8-12 hours of power cuts..

it seems worst situation, & wht the govt have to say? or like in Pakistan state govt blame center & center blame state govt..?

Convert all street lights to LED lights... Singapore is doing this well.

It's very costly affair but worth an investment ..

I spent around 8k rupees in changing all my house lights to LEDs and CFLs
But I save 60% of electricity every month .

My bill used to come 7k-9k per month ..
Now it's never more than 3.5k

No power cuts in my city either.

"Cities" are much less likely to have this problem than the rural areas, I imagine.

Not the case in my city ..
Population of Ratnagiri is around 1.5 lakhs but we don't face power cuts unless there is maintenance work
It is because electricity stealing is almost zero

But the nearby bigger cities like Satara and Kolhapur face power cut

Good news is that TN is going ahead with Kudnakulam project.

Although there are a good number of projects under planning in India, yet hurdles in execution and implementation are created by NGOs, environment ministry and some other vested interests.

Example: Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The place where I work, Faridabad, Haryana....is suffering massive power cuts.

Sporadic violence in Faridabad - Hindustan Times
Yeah I also live in Faridabad.And the electricity supply is as erratic as it can get.They are saying the coal stock in the powerplant is just for few days and is about to be finished.They are extending it by long hours of load shedding and are waiting for the monsoon.

Yeah I also live in Faridabad.And the electricity supply is as erratic as it can get.They are saying the coal stock in the powerplant is just for few days and is about to be finished.They are extending it by long hours of load shedding and are waiting for the monsoon.

I heard that Gurgaon is also facing massive power cuts.

2-3 hour loadshedding in Karachi... But most at night... So :P

Back
Top Bottom