What's new

Electricity import from India a priority for Nawaz

Oh Bhai Afghanistan Se Hee Import karlo Lekin Bijli Ko Kahi Se Laaaaao...

A friend of mine came back from Kabul last night spending 7-days there, and he said not for a single minute the electricity went during these days and I was like WTH...

Its a good move. This way Pakistanis won't have to go to office without socks.

:laugh: importing electricity from India is going to end up Pakistanis with sitting in a fix in washroom that too half done with potty.So better go without socks to offices instead of stopping nature's call half done

wrong move....
why not import from Iran or better make your own.

Importing anything from is complicated due to sanctions, you can not pay them through established banking channels

:laugh: importing electricity from India is going to end up Pakistanis with sitting in a fix in washroom that too half done with potty.So better go without socks to offices instead of stopping nature's call half done
So for the sake of full potty, you dont want the electricity. Wow. That's a great thought. Great potty actually.

So for the sake of full potty, you dont want the electricity. Wow. That's a great thought. Great potty actually.

Yup because India is unreliable supplier or unreliable trade partner. You cant trust India for power supply.

It wont be surprising to see the hardline Hindu militant groups pressurise Indian govt for stopping supply of power at a point when we need it the most.

So yeh potty with comfort is the priority

Yup because India is unreliable supplier or unreliable trade partner. You cant trust India for power supply.

It wont be surprising to see the hardline Hindu militant groups pressurise Indian govt for stopping supply of power at a point when we need it the most.

So yeh potty with comfort is the priority

Well you should give it a shot. If you don't send terrorists, I don't see any reason for disturbance of relationship or any pressure from any hardline groups etc..

Well you should give it a shot. Unless you don't send terrorists, I don't see any reason for disturbance of relationship or any pressure from any hardline groups etc..

Lets wait and see. NS is giving it a shot.

I will prefer Iran and Chinese options instead of uncertainity filled India affair.

Punjab is connected to India and Punjab has more textile industries. Trade deals by Pakistani textile traders with India saw Indian cheating and we suffered alot. Dont know if NS will ensure that Punjab industry is NOT affected by sudden U-Turn by India if we go for buying power from India.

wrong move....
why not import from Iran or better make your own.

Common men talk emotionally, office bearer and bureaucrats are expected to talk practically..

Building power plants is lengthy and capital intensive process…and if my understanding is not wrong Pakistan neither can afford to wait so long nor it has money to pump in ..

It would be a wise decision if you source the power from a feasible source so that cost can be kept under check.

@ALL - FYI…I don’t think, politically it will be a good move by Indian government if they decide to export power to country like Pakistan specially when our own villages are living without power and next general elections are going to take place next year.

its a win win for both countries :

interdependence increases

cheaper electricity for general population

transmission lines will be shorter so less losses.

If pakistan can pay then why not ?

Lets wait and see. NS is giving it a shot.

I will prefer Iran and Chinese options instead of uncertainity filled India affair.

Punjab is connected to India and Punjab has more textile industries. Trade deals by Pakistani textile traders with India saw Indian cheating and we suffered alot. Dont know if NS will ensure that Punjab industry is NOT affected by sudden U-Turn by India if we go for buying power from India.

Well we could always stop water coming to Pakistan but we never did that. Doing it would be against the humanity. i guess we have a good record.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom