What's new

Elections pass Gujarat Muslims by

MM Singh being Governor of the bank and later Finance Minister
Rest about Kalam and Bismillah Khan they were because they are rendering services and benfiting India

But but but..I thought we Yindoos don't really promote intelligent people. We usually oppress our minority. We only promote them to advertise our secularism.

ps : Bismillah Khan is now dead. God bless his soul. He was a great musician who believed in Allah and Ishwar alike,was a very spiritual man. May more Indians, Hindus and Muslims become like him.

I think the simplest answer to this thread is that wait and see the decision of the people. If they vote for Mr. Modi than there is nothing one can do except to accept the decision of the majority whether it be wrong or right. This is the beauty of the democracy, isn’t it?
If they vote against him than there is a change in government. Again the power of vote is at work.

Ejaz,

The common man, Hindu, Moslem Christian or anything else is actually not interested in knowing how the govt function or its warts.

He is only interested as to how it affects his life and his prosperity.

Modi is not a very popular figure as such, but then he has made Gujarat the most prosperous state and which is filling everyone's pocket. There has been no law and order problem or riots or terrorist action ever since the last riot. This is very comforting especially in the context that other states have a whole lot of law and order problem, are not that prosperous and are subject to terrorist actions.

Now, if you were a citizen, which one would you prefer - the situation in Swat or the relative peace in Islamabad?

That is why Modi wins and even Moslems are looking beyond the riots!

I don't know if you can see Indian TV, but you should see the panel discussions to understand how Indians are reacting.

I was surprised to see Gujarati Moslems supporting Modi!

Religion has it place but the stomach seems to be a stronger panacea!

Salim,
This is exactly what I meant to say. You have explained it in depth. If Mr. Modi is doing good for the people of his state than regardless of religion he will get votes. Unfortunate event do happen in the history of nations. Wise thing is to take steps to avoid recurrence of such event in future.
This is the real strength of democracy every one has to face people in the end and accept their decision.

I am sure one would like to be known for the positives and not the negatives, especially people of the psyche of Mr Modi, who I presume thinks he is some great orator and a leader and wants to find a place in history.

Currently, he has found his place in history, but not for the right reasons.

Hopefully Mr Modi has mended and is on the the right lines to ensure prosperity to all.

That will be the only salvation if the unfortunate and sad blot is not not follow him all through his living days!

Modi is a catch-22 situation. On one hand he has conducted riots to polarize his votes, and on the other hand his government has drastically improved the economy of gujarat, people say that corruption is lower, jobs have improved, infrastructure has improved and industries are doing well.
Perhaps as Advani says, a successful country needs a judicious mix of ideology and common sense.
I'm just not sure that this ideology is the right one.

I see Modi also as a victim of our intellectual blindness . we tend to blame him for the riots , which was a result of certain other factors .
we have focussed more on WHO rather then WHY, this represents our inability to do deep introspection.

There are certain underlying factors which led to riot , Modi is just another pawn to be used by these factors .
But yes he guilty of not acting according to his DHARMA and let the savage beast shatter the society .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom