What's new

El-Sissi: No reason to continue unfriendly relations with Turkey

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
El-Sissi: No reason to continue unfriendly relations with Turkey

Egypt's Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi said that there is no reason to continue hostile relations between Turkey and Egypt during an interview on Sunday with the editors-in-chiefs of the state-run Egyptian newspapers Al-Ahram, Al-Gomhuria, and Akhbar Al-Youm.

Referring to Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım's comments about wanting to "improve relations with Egypt," el-Sissi said "There is no need for two nations to continue unfriendly relations."

During a meeting with representatives of foreign media institutions on Saturday, Prime Minister Yıldırım said that Turkey is willing to develop good relations with Egypt. Yıldırım said: "First of all, we recognize the overthrow of Morsi as a military coup. However, Turkey wants to develop our economic and cultural relations with Egypt as a fellow Mediterranean country. We remain positive regarding this issue."

Turkish-Egyptian relations have deteriorated since Egypt's first democratically elected president, Mohammed Morsi, was ousted in July 2013 by the military coup led by Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.

Justice and Development Party (AK Party) deputy and the head of the Turkish delegation for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) Talip Küçükcan said: "Both countries play a vital role in the Middle East and positive relations between Turkey and Egypt are crucial not only for them but for the entire region. However, Turkey was not the side to cut relations; we support the same democratic principles in Egypt as we do in every other country." Küçükcan went on to say that Turkey is the only country to insist on the enforcement of democratic principles compared to EU countries which immediately accepted the el-Sissi government and overlooked the post-coup suppression in Egypt. "I think both [Turkey and Egypt] favor the establishment of rational relations," he added.

On the other hand, experts think that it is too early to expect the full recovery of relations. "There have been several reconciliatory efforts mediated by Saudi Arabia and Ghannouchi [the leader of the Ennahda Party] prior to the July 15 coup attempt; however, those efforts failed as Egypt rejected Turkey's demands for the release of its political prisoners and Turkey refused to define the July 3 events in Egypt as a 'revolution' instead of a 'coup,'" Can Acun, a researcher of Middle Eastern politics at SETA Foundation, said. Adding that it is too early to be hopeful" regarding relations between the countries, he noted that both sides are willing to repair relations; as Egypt seeks to recover from the political, economic and security turmoil experienced in the country. "Just like Egypt, Turkey considers a possible agreement to be beneficial for itself as a country, improving capabilities to reach countries in Africa and the Middle East with ease and turning back to the Egyptian market with constructive efforts devoid of clashes," he concluded.

http://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy...-to-continue-unfriendly-relations-with-turkey

Things aren't going to end well for Sisi, there is already growing discontent with his rule. He and the military have failed to keep their promises, and the economy continues to remain stagnant.

Ofcourse, no use in having bad relations with a nation who's government is bound to stay...

Things aren't going to end well for Sisi, there is already growing discontent with his rule. He and the military have failed to keep their promises, and the economy continues to remain stagnant.

It's a stable country under him and the military, or pure chaos if another Arab Spring 2.1 comes along, combined with the ISIS terrorists roaming around Sinai.

Yıldırım said: "First of all, we recognize the overthrow of Morsi as a military coup.
I swear to God this guy is even a bigger idiot than Davutoglu, and that is a hard achievement.

Ofcourse, no use in having bad relations with a nation who's government is bound to stay...

It's a stable country under him and the military, or pure chaos if another Arab Spring 2.1 comes along, combined with the ISIS terrorists roaming around Sinai.
The insurgency in Egypt is getting worse, the people are getting restless, and opposition is getting bolder; Egypt is far from a stable country.

Sisi is the only guy keeping that country from descending into chaos.

We all saw what the Muslim Brotherhood caused before his takeover.

Also, he is a strongman type of a leader. That's what Egypt needs now.

Not a democratic wuss.

The insurgency in Egypt is getting worse, the people are getting restless, and opposition is getting bolder; Egypt is far from a stable country.

Stability has a new definition.

The "religious" sewer rats were always a throne in the side of the establishment. But the people are calming down, they've seen one of the worst years in tourism topped by a terrorist attack on what was a red line, airplanes.

What did the caused?

I don't really follow Egypt's affairs closely, but can some Egyptian explain what exactly is the difference between Sisi and Mubarak? I certainly don't notice any major difference.

Sisi is the only guy keeping that country from descending into chaos.

Also, he is a strongman type of a leader. That's what Egypt needs now.

Not a democratic wuss.
Nothing you've said is actually a good idea or even true.

and a Pakistani living in CANADA knows it all, right???
It's called "using your brain", try it sometimes. Pakistan has been down the same path Egypt has, yet Egypt has learned nothing, where as Pakistan has not only learned, but is progressing.

I don't really follow Egypt's affairs closely, but can some Egyptian explain what exactly is the difference between Sisi and Mubarak? I certainly don't notice any major difference.
its only little
husni ruled 30 years with gun power
sisi just started journey of 30 years with gun power

It's called "using your brain", try it sometimes. Pakistan has been down the same path Egypt has, yet Egypt has learned nothing, where as Pakistan has not only learned, but is progressing.
lol, how did you know sir that am not using it ? apparently from my words, well let me sir correct you, thinking differently does not mean necessarily that one is using his mind & the others are not
second so you are judging the Egyptian case according to an old Pakistani situation !!!!
well that gives me a great image of how you use your BRAIN......

THANK YOU

Back
Top Bottom