What's new

Egypt's population officially reaches 93 millions: CAPMAS

EgyptianAmerican

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
The number of Egyptians worldwide now stands at 101 million, including 8 million living abroad

2017-636311474726505750-650.jpg

File Photo: People shop at Al Ataba, a popular market in downtown Cairo, Egypt March 9, 2017. (Photo: Reuters)

Egypt’s population officially reached 93 million on Monday evening, according to a statement from the Central Agency for Public Mobilisation and Statistics (CAPMAS) on Tuesday.

The new official population count brings the total number of Egyptians worldwide to 101 million, including 8 million living abroad.

In its statement, CAPMAS said that the population meter shows the number of Egyptians in Egypt at 93,044,937.

Of those, Cairo houses around 9,667,625 million, Giza 8,911,806 people, and Alexandria 5,027,786, it said.

In the Nile Delta governorate of Sharqiya the population now stands at 858,230, while North Sinai has 461,264 people.

The announcement by the public statistics body, comes only one day after Egypt's Minister of Social Solidarity Ghada Wali described population growth in Egypt as an "actual catastrophe" that deserves to be fought against, just like the country's war against terrorism.

She made the comments during a Cairo seminar based around a new report by the United Nations Population Fund.

Egyptian officials have warned repeatedly of the steep rise in population, saying it hinders the country's development plans.

From 2006 to 2016, Egypt's population rose by 17.3 million, according to earlier statements by CAPMAS.

CAPMAS has said that the country's current population growth rate is five times that of developed countries and double the rate of other developing countries.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCon...ulation-officially-reaches--millions-CAP.aspx

@Sharif al-Hijaz @azzo @AmirPatriot @Gomig-21 @Frogman @Amun @MICA

The announcement by the public statistics body, comes only one day after Egypt's Minister of Social Solidarity Ghada Wali described population growth in Egypt as an "actual catastrophe" that deserves to be fought against, just like the country's war against terrorism.
25cbb6c368b8dae71511b0854dbaed97.jpg

The number of Egyptians worldwide now stands at 101 million, including 8 million living abroad

2017-636311474726505750-650.jpg

File Photo: People shop at Al Ataba, a popular market in downtown Cairo, Egypt March 9, 2017. (Photo: Reuters)

Egypt’s population officially reached 93 million on Monday evening, according to a statement from the Central Agency for Public Mobilisation and Statistics (CAPMAS) on Tuesday.

The new official population count brings the total number of Egyptians worldwide to 101 million, including 8 million living abroad.

In its statement, CAPMAS said that the population meter shows the number of Egyptians in Egypt at 93,044,937.

Of those, Cairo houses around 9,667,625 million, Giza 8,911,806 people, and Alexandria 5,027,786, it said.

In the Nile Delta governorate of Sharqiya the population now stands at 858,230, while North Sinai has 461,264 people.

She made the comments during a Cairo seminar based around a new report by the United Nations Population Fund.

Egyptian officials have warned repeatedly of the steep rise in population, saying it hinders the country's development plans.

From 2006 to 2016, Egypt's population rose by 17.3 million, according to earlier statements by CAPMAS.

CAPMAS has said that the country's current population growth rate is five times that of developed countries and double the rate of other developing countries.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCon...ulation-officially-reaches--millions-CAP.aspx

@Sharif al-Hijaz @azzo @AmirPatriot @Gomig-21 @Frogman @Amun @MICA
WOW......that's alot. Egypt is Africa's second or third most populous country if I'm not wrong, right?

LOL That part also got me like :WTF??:o:

LOL That part also got me like :WTF??:o:

"Actual catastrophe", its fast population growth not a fucking tsunami.

I think Egypt needs strong and stable leadership to ward off this actual catastrophe.

We have similar guys between our politicians who hate to have more population.

Growing population is fine, in fact birth rate has to pick up now before this very young population gets old but jobs have to be created faster than birth rate as jobless rate is too high right now.

@EgyptianAmerican

The pressure on Cairo's infrastructure (and indeed of other cities) to deal with all that population load is immense, whatever happened to the new capital city that was going to be built? Is that still going ahead?

Yeah, problem is that they keep adding to the project.

"Cairo — President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has set a two-year deadline to complete the first phase of Egypt's new administrative capital project, starting January 2016.

Sisi met Sunday with Former Prime Minister Ibrahim Mehleb, Minister of Housing Mostafa Madbouli, Projects Adviser to Minister of Defense Amir Ahmed Al-Sayed, head of military engineering authority General Emad al-Alfy and chief-of-staff of the military engineering authority Major General Kamel Al-Wazeer.

Egypt contracted a Chinese company to start implementing the first phase, said Madbouli.

Egypt signed the deal with China State Construction Engineering Corporation, also known as China Construction, in September. The company is tasked with "studying the building and financing" of the administrative part of the new capital.

The project was announced last March during the Egyptian Economic Development Conference (EEDC) held in Sharm al-Sheikh and is estimated to cost $45 billion.

The new capital will be constructed over 490 kilometres squared of land and is slated to include 1.1 million housing units to serve 5 million citizens, Madbouli said.

The capital will also include 10,000 roads and a new airport and will take between five to seven years to complete, he added.

Egypt had so far only highlighted the involvement of the UAE's Capital City Partners (CCP), where an initial agreement was signed for the mega-project at the EEDC, said Reuters."

Liverpool company wins deal to work on £30bn new capital city project in Egypt
Uniform secures deal for Cairo regeneration scheme
cool video in the link
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-company-wins-deal-work-9028776

17035522279_1bca368144_o.jpg

Here is another part of it. (Unfinished)

1280px-Madinaty.JPG

Layout Renders

image.jpg

image.jpg

Excellent job. May more Arab babies be born all across the Arab world and the entire world where the 50-60 million big Arab diaspora are present. I will do my part once I marry 4 wives at once. Polygamy is thankfully legal in most Arab countries but those where it is illegal, laws should be changed to allow it again immediately. Doing otherwise is criminal and a crime against humanity.

Simply put 7-8 children per family should be the goal if not more. 2 by each wife.

Mabrouk ya Masr!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent job. May more Arab babies be born all across the Arab world and the entire world where the 50-60 million big Arab diaspora are present. I will do my part once I marry 4 wives at once. Polygamy is thankfully legal in most Arab countries but those where it is illegal, laws should be changed to allow it again.

Simply put 7-8 children per family should be the goal if not more.
basically

26FEDCA100000578-3011407-image-a-56_1427329380713.jpg

Excellent job. May more Arab babies be born all across the Arab world and the entire world where the 50-60 million big Arab diaspora are present. I will do my part once I marry 4 wives at once. Polygamy is thankfully legal in most Arab countries but those where it is illegal, laws should be changed to allow it again.

Simply put 7-8 children per family should be the goal if not more.

Mabrouk ya Masr!
Man, now I want to immigrate to an Arab country. My lady won't even let me look at another well endowed woman.H ow selfish. :cry::hitwall:

Excellent job. May more Arab babies be born all across the Arab world and the entire world where the 50-60 million big Arab diaspora are present. I will do my part once I marry 4 wives at once. Polygamy is thankfully legal in most Arab countries but those where it is illegal, laws should be changed to allow it again immediately. Doing otherwise is criminal and a crime against humanity.

Simply put 7-8 children per family should be the goal if not more. 2 by each wife.

Mabrouk ya Masr!

You want to play catch up with the Chinese don't you?:lol:

Man, now I want to immigrate to an Arab country. My lady won't even let me look at another well endowed woman.H ow selfish. :cry::hitwall:

Sadly, I have to say, that polygamy is a dying trend. Egypt is ahead of KSA on this front. That's the bad thing about wealth and education. Most women in the GCC prefer to marry later nowadays and prefer their own carries hence why many remain unmarried well into their late 20's. The dowry is also a big problem. Yet of course KSA' population is growing and it has a healthy growth rate but it is a worrying trend. Unacceptable in fact.

You want to play catch up with the Chinese don't you?:lol:

Defientely. That should be the goal and as per all population surveys that I have seen by 2050 or 2060 we will overtake the Han Chinese. I don't like being second in anything which we are currently. Time to change that I believe. I think that both of us should do our part, no matter how small it is, in this noble endeavor. Once we will be able to populate other galaxies and stars I think that we should create an Arab galaxy or at least an planet inhabited by Arabs. We should call the planet Arabus. Rhymes with Uranus. Has a nice ring to it.

I am trolling if it was not obvious. Just a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom