What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

We should be seeing some very cool pics as a result of Medusa 2018 exercise since it will be the first time the EAF will participate in the exercise with an E-2C Hawkeye, 6 F-16s and 2 Rafales.

DgdkAU5WkAAcMWS.jpg

MEDUSA-6 2018
36338175_648098452218000_1175088281793069056_n.jpg

36302471_648098838884628_5177707182702985216_n.jpg

Just as I said that, that video comes out and man is that a rockin' video! Love it.
BTW, this is what irks me a bit: look at the Greeks flying off our Mistral with their Apaches like it's not even a thing, 2nd nature. They're bouncing their Chinooks, their Seahawks and even the Cypriot Huey was bouncing off the Mistral deck yet there isn't a single Egyptian helo in sight. What the heck is up with that? Mesh Ma32oul keda?! Where are all our vaunted Apaches? Where are all our Chinook and Seaking and even by now, one or two Ka-52 Alligators should be able to jump on and off. Not too happy about that lack-luster effort in that regard. We should be participating with a lot more of our own aviation equipment.

And the other thing, while the Avenger was a brilliant solution, WTH is taking them so long to get the built'in systems? I hope it's not $. But we definitely need to see a lot more from our helicopters getting involved in these exercises. It looks like our Greek brothers have a better hang of it than we do!

Just as I said that, that video comes out and man is that a rockin' video! Love it.
BTW, this is what irks me a bit: look at the Greeks flying off our Mistral with their Apaches like it's not even a thing, 2nd nature. They're bouncing their Chinooks, their Seahawks and even the Cypriot Huey was bouncing off the Mistral deck yet there isn't a single Egyptian helo in sight. What the heck is up with that? Mesh Ma32oul keda?! Where are all our vaunted Apaches? Where are all our Chinook and Seaking and even by now, one or two Ka-52 Alligators should be able to jump on and off. Not too happy about that lack-luster effort in that regard. We should be participating with a lot more of our own aviation equipment.

And the other thing, while the Avenger was a brilliant solution, WTH is taking them so long to get the built'in systems? I hope it's not $. But we definitely need to see a lot more from our helicopters getting involved in these exercises. It looks like our Greek brothers have a better hang of it than we do!

Maybe Pilots for Mistral Deck aren't ready? (Aka still in training)

Maybe Pilots for Mistral Deck aren't ready? (Aka still in training)

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, especially for the Ka-52s. But what about all the others? We've been flying Apaches for what, 25 years? Seakings for 40+ years? Chinooks? Mi-8/17s? Gazelles etc. If the Greeks are bouncing on and off the deck of the Gamal Abdel Nasser like that, where are our Apaches? I thought this was a combined arms navy exercise, emphasis on "combined"?

What's even a little bit disheartening is that the helos that will eventually end up on the Mistrals are not even ordered yet if I'm not mistaken. I don't think the contract for the Katrans has been signed. @Frogman @MICA
So I can only imagine how many years from now will the two mistrals be fully equipped and operational.

I realize that big ticket items like LHDs are no joke, and it takes A LOT of time not only to equip them properly and use them to their full potential, but to learn and train in the principles of just navigating those huge beasts is definitely something that will take a while. We haven't even seen any embarking or disembarking of heavy armor either, just APCs and small IFVs from what I've seen. So that part of the process is still to come. Get some tanks on those things and unload them on a simulation invasion.

Dgz9aryX0AYYi71.jpg

Dgz9egdWsAA5STU.jpg

Dgz9gqQWkAAcHHu.jpg

Dgz9i7RWAAAmCO6.jpg

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, especially for the Ka-52s. But what about all the others? We've been flying Apaches for what, 25 years? Seakings for 40+ years? Chinooks? Mi-8/17s? Gazelles etc. If the Greeks are bouncing on and off the deck of the Gamal Abdel Nasser like that, where are our Apaches? I thought this was a combined arms navy exercise, emphasis on "combined"?

What's even a little bit disheartening is that the helos that will eventually end up on the Mistrals are not even ordered yet if I'm not mistaken. I don't think the contract for the Katrans has been signed. @Frogman @MICA
So I can only imagine how many years from now will the two mistrals be fully equipped and operational.

I realize that big ticket items like LHDs are no joke, and it takes A LOT of time not only to equip them properly and use them to their full potential, but to learn and train in the principles of just navigating those huge beasts is definitely something that will take a while. We haven't even seen any embarking or disembarking of heavy armor either, just APCs and small IFVs from what I've seen. So that part of the process is still to come. Get some tanks on those things and unload them on a simulation invasion.

Dgz9aryX0AYYi71.jpg

Dgz9egdWsAA5STU.jpg

Dgz9gqQWkAAcHHu.jpg

Dgz9i7RWAAAmCO6.jpg

The previous Vid was more like a "Greece" exercice with EGY and Cyprus as observers than a Tri-Party one... (90+% was Greek equipements/Forces in action)
As for Greece, Deck exercices are "common" when you take into account their experience in NATO ones...

With such "One" Sided exercice, you have to think (IMO) it's more a PR move against other Regional entities than something to really "Work together" so such behavior is understandable.

Inshallah, the NExt one will be be more "equal" and more interesting for EGY, with available Ka on the Mistral.

The previous Vid was more like a "Greece" exercice with EGY and Cyprus as observers than a Tri-Party one... (90+% was Greek equipements/Forces in action)
As for Greece, Deck exercices are "common" when you take into account their experience in NATO ones...

That's a good point.

With such "One" Sided exercice, you have to think (IMO) it's more a PR move against other Regional entities than something to really "Work together" so such behavior is understandable.

I message to Turkey, you think?

Inshallah, the NExt one will be be more "equal" and more interesting for EGY, with available Ka on the Mistral.

InshaAllah, men bo2ak lbab el samma!

No need to get mad at them.. I am pretty sure the Egyptian Apache and other helicopters' pilots have a lot of time in flights from and to the Mistrals, they wanted the guests to get that experience as well.. Most likely some Egyptian naval officers conducted maeuvers they are not used to too much, that is what exercises are for..let's our teams do everything together with the same standards..

Dgz9aryX0AYYi71.jpg

Dgz9egdWsAA5STU.jpg

Dgz9gqQWkAAcHHu.jpg

Dgz9i7RWAAAmCO6.jpg
Russia Wins Tender for Ka-52K Helicopter Supplies to Egypt

https://marsad-egypt.info/en/2017/06/19/russia-wins-tender-ka-52k-helicopter-supplies-egypt/

Russian Delegation To Visit Egypt To Negotiate Mistral Equipment Deal

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/19...sit_Egypt_To_Negotiate_Mistral_Equipment_Deal

Bil Mahl brother..it has been only 2 years since the Mistrals came to Egypt.. some corvettes and frigates take 2 years for sea trials alone..

No need to get mad at them..

Not mad, ma bro. Just a bit irked. :-)

I am pretty sure the Egyptian Apache and other helicopters' pilots have a lot of time in flights from and to the Mistrals,

Really? I've only see 1 pic of an EAF Apache on the mistral during the inauguration of the new Suez Canal. I think it's most the Gazelles which are delegated to maritime patrol units that are the ones bouncing off the Mistrals.

let's our teams do everything together with the same standards..

That's the exact problem I'm referring to, SC, bro. There is no togetherness. It looks like strictly Hellenic birds. Even the ones landing on the Gowind are the Greek SH-60 Seahawks. Yalla ya Masryeyeeeeeen! Warouna 7aga shweyya keda haram aleikum! De bahdalla w'maskhara gamda awi! :D

Bil Mahl brother..it has been only 2 years since the Mistrals came to Egypt.. some corvettes and frigates take 2 years for sea trials alone..

You're right. I did mention that it probably is taking a long time for the Egyptian navy to get acclimated to navigating and deploying 2 LHDs, so I am aware of that and I don't have huge expectations TBH. Heck it's taken me 4 years to get used to my 30ft bowrider and I still am very nervous when I dock it at the marina. And I'm also aware that even if they were flying choppers off the deck, be it Apaches or Gazelles (which we know they are using those for training) or whatever other helos, they're not showing much of that for obvious reasons.

I just would like to see a bit more of our own hardware bouncing off the decks with our Greek & Cypriot brothers. You have to admit that would be nice. Get 4 Hellenic Apaches to land while the ship is cruising at 20 knots, then another 4 Egyptian ones follow suit. Maybe next Medusa ISA.

BTW, speaking of Medusa, that broad was a freakazoid! lol. :lol:

1523290548731-medusablack.jpeg

BTW, how sexy is the Gowind from behind? It's like watching a beautiful lady walking with a really nice, tight ***! :lol:

Dg5awfLW4AA2nnX.jpg

And there goes that Greek Seahawk (that's actually the S-70B-6 version) landing on our Gowind! Where are our helos?

Dg5axW2W0AA31OE.jpg

Very cool seeing the Greek pilots pulling out their Vipers from our hangars. Brothers in arms!

Dg5avVWX0AA-AWU.jpg

And their Apaches are really nice. They have excellent pilots in their navy with a lot of experience patrolling the Agean Sea for many decades. Good for them. @Dante80 , care to give us your opinion?

Dg4rp_jX4AELImG.jpg

Sweet pic of the Gamal Abdel Nasser with a single Avenger.

Dg5avzZX4AAKNcu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom