What's new

ECP announces by-polls on 33 NA seats vacated by PTI

muhammadhafeezmalik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Days after the approval of the resignations of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) members of the National Assembly, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Friday announced that by-elections on 33 vacant seats will be held on March 16.

The PTI had resigned en masse from the lower house of parliament following the ouster of PTI chief Imran Khan in April last year. Subsequently, the NA speaker accepted only 11 of the resignations, stating that the remaining lawmakers would be summoned individually for verification.

As per the ECP announcement, candidates will be able to file their nomination papers between February 6-8.

The names of the candidates will be published on February 9 and the returning officers (RO) will carry out the scrutiny of the nomination papers till February 13.

The last date to file appeals against the RO’s decision on the acceptance or rejection of nomination papers is February 16.

According to the election schedule, the last date for the appellate tribunal to decide on the appeals is February 20. After this, the revised list of candidates will be published on February 21.

The last date to withdraw candidature and release of revised list of candidates is February 22 while the election symbols will be allotted on February 23 and the polls will be held on March 16.

S.no Constituency Name S.no Constituency Name S.no Constituency Name S.no Constituency Name
1.NA-04 Swat-III10.NA-53 Islamabad-II19.NA-126 Lahore-IV28.NA-247 Karachi South-II
2.NA-17 Haripur-I11.NA-54 Islamabad-III20.NA-130 Lahore-VIII29.NA-250 Karachi West-III
3.NA-18 Swabi-I12.NA-57 Rawalpindi-I21.NA-155 Multan-I30.NA-252 Karachi West-V
4.NA-25 Nowshera-I13.NA-59 Rawalpindi-III22.NA-156 Multan-III31.NA-254 Karachi Central-II
5.NA-26 Nowshera-II14.NA-60 Rawalpindi-IV23.NA-191 Dera Ghazi Khan-III32.NA-256 Karachi Central-IV
6.NA-32 Kohat15.NA-62 Rawalpindi-VI24.NA-241 Korangi Karachi-III33.NA-265 Quetta-II
7.NA-38 D.I. Khan-I16.NA-63 Rawalpindi-VII25.NA-242 Karachi East-I
8.NA-43 Khyber-I17.NA-67 Jhelum-II26.NA-243 Karachi East-II
9.NA-52 Islamabad-I18.NA-97 Bhakkar-I27.NA-244 Karachi East-III

This is a developing story and is being updated with more details.

Absolutely dissatisfied with the proposed dates in March. ECP must provide arguments for such an extensive timeline.

ECP should argue for the timeline in the parliament.

mostly karachi so that they can do dhailnli

FneKw0LXwAAp9xA

Absolutely dissatisfied with the proposed dates in March. ECP must provide arguments for such an extensive timeline.

ECP should argue for the timeline in the parliament.

PTI will go to the Supreme Court against which election is to be held on this date and like-minded judges will stay it.

mostly karachi so that they can do dhailnli

One third from Karachi, One third from Rawalpindi division and One third from KP.

PTI will go to the Supreme Court against which election is to be held on this date and like-minded judges will stay it.

One third from Karachi, One third from Rawalpindi division and One third from KP.
means dhanli full setup

Back
Top Bottom