What's new

EastAsian man now holds the record for worst mass killing in Los Angeles County history (10) outdoing even its decades of violent drug gang shootings.

and this was previously considered LA's top crazy shooting moment
Yeah,but this was a robbery. They were firing at the police officers and it was...really a battle. I watched a documentary about it years ago.

What's the story behind the Asian guy? What happened?

Yeah,but this was a robbery. They were firing at the police officers and it was...really a battle. I watched a documentary about it years ago.

What's the story behind the Asian guy? What happened?

The supposed story is he was not invited to the Luna dance party even though he was a dance instructor there for years.

Feeling slighted he decided a gun should help straighten out the situation.

It is said the killer is ethic Chinese from Vietnam.

The supposed story is he was not invited to the Luna dance party even though he was a dance instructor there for years.

Feeling slighted he decided a gun should help straighten out the situation.

Funny story. I'm more inclined to believe the prior story that he was looking for his wife, since he visited another dance party prior without shooting up that place. But then again, all of these are stories.

Funny story. I'm more inclined to believe the prior story that he was looking for his wife,

It's possible that he was looking for his ex-wife but he had an issue with the Star Dance Studio.

Monterey gunman thought dance instructors said ‘evil things about him’​

since he visited another dance party prior without shooting up that place. But then again, all of these are stories.
The first place he went to (Star Dance Studio) he killed the 10 people.

The second place (Lai Lai Ballroom) somebody wrestled the gun out of his hands and he ran away.

Brandon Tsay at home in San Marino, Calif. He disarmed the gunman at the Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio on Saturday night.

Brandon Tsay at home in San Marino, Calif. He disarmed the gunman at the Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio on Saturday night

Last edited:
It's possible that he was looking for his ex-wife but he had an issue with the Star Dance Studio.

Monterey gunman thought dance instructors said ‘evil things about him’​

The first place he went to (Star Dance Studio) he killed the 10 people.

The second place (Lai Lai Ballroom) somebody wrestled the gun out of his hands and he ran away.

Brandon Tsay at home in San Marino, Calif. He disarmed the gunman at the Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio on Saturday night

That Star Dance Studio had had its fair share of negative news about jealousy, man/woman fights etc. in the past. As soon as I heard the news I knew the cause was not a racial hate crime and very possibly a man/woman jealousy spillover, even though there's been a 40% rise of racial hate crimes against ethnic Chinese nationally in the US last year. It's amazing the US has recorded 36 mass shootings ending on 1/22/2023. 36 mass shootings in 22 days and a mass shooting is defined as one when four or more persons are killed by a gun.

That Star Dance Studio had had its fair share of negative news about jealousy, man/woman fights etc. in the past. As soon as I heard the news I knew the cause was not a racial hate crime and very possibly a man/woman jealousy spillover, even though there's been a 40% rise of racial hate crimes against ethnic Chinese nationally in the US last year. It's amazing the US has recorded 36 mass shootings ending on 1/22/2023. 36 mass shootings in 22 days and a mass shooting is defined as one when four or more persons are killed by a gun.

How is mass-murdering people in one dance club and being subdued in a second dance club before open firing a simple case of "man/woman jealousy spillover". He's been divorced since 2006 BTW.

This is likely rage in what he feels was being treated unequally/unfairly by the EastAsian dance community over the years and so he "got a gun to even the score".

rise of racial hate crimes against ethnic Chinese nationally in the US last year.

I can't speak for why East Asians hate on other East Asians.

there's been a 40% rise of racial hate crimes against ethnic Chinese nationally in the US last year.

So where'd you find that 40% number?.......FBI was saying things were down...and no peep about anti-Asian stuff in months...and the AsianLivesMatter | Updates, News & Discussion thread has been dead compared to 2021. In fact the majority of the posts from 2022 in that thread were from me...compared to the absolute flood of posts by Chinese members in 2021.

I'm pretty sure your 40% number is likely from one of the Indian sources you guys like to read.

Last edited:
How is mass-murdering people in one dance club and being subdued in a second dance club before open firing a simple case of "man/woman jealousy spillover". He's been divorced since 2006 BTW.

This is likely rage in what he feels was being treated unequally/unfairly by the EastAsian dance community over the years and so he "got a gun to even the score".

I can't speak for why East Asians hate on other East Asians.
There's no official reason announced yet. What I'm saying is that kind of dance studios were involved in man/woman jealousy quarrels and violence in the past. I know people who were/are patrons in Star in Monterey Park, Lai Lai in Alhambra, and another one in Arcadia. So my first reaction was 'another jealousy spillover'.

There's no official reason announced yet. What I'm saying is that kind of dance studios were involved in man/woman jealousy quarrels and violence in the past. I know people who were/are patrons in Star in Monterey Park, Lai Lai in Alhambra, and another one in Arcadia. So my first reaction was 'another jealousy spillover'.

Jealousy over women or other people's wealth/popularity?

America is becoming a more and more dangerous country, not only to other countries and peoples ,but more so to it's own country and people.

Five Chinese citizens were killed in Half Moon Bay shooting, consulate says​

The suspect in the Half Moon Bay shootings, 66-year-old Chunli Zhao, is a Chinese citizen who was not previously known to local law enforcement

It is said the killer is ethic Chinese from Vietnam.
Confirmed Chinese National.

Back
Top Bottom