What's new

EADS Euro/Fighter Engine Available with TOT

This TOT is not exclusive to india.

Theres been much talk abt upgraded Thunders with new engines and radars weapons etc from the west.

IS PAF missing a golden opportunity to secure a TVC engine for THUNDER

Need to move before the indians ??

Raportski.

Jokes apart.

THERE are only 4 serious players in the engine market.

USA UK FRANCE & RUSSIA.

For pakistan Russia & USA are non starters always threat of sanctions. And there not offering engine TOT to anybody like PAF.

That leaves France & UK.

iF YOU TAKE THEIR THE 2 state of the art fighters( TYPHOON VERSIS RAFAEL) both have brand new engines but its common knowledge that RAFAEL is under[powered.

its also knowledge that france charge outragous sums for TOT.

ej200 is available and a new version too with TVC " ITS THERE FOR THE TAKING " $$$$$$$

I dont think they have much options. India and Brazil are only two real alternatives for this. May be, just a may be - Saudi Arabia.

Regarding China, I dont think they will sell it to them. Neither would Pakistan have the money nor would Europe willing to trust Pakistan with ToT. They could easily sell ToT to China for another cheaper J-series plane.

looks like EADS is applying everything it has to get the deal...
but IMO even though the engine has very prominent and bright future ..it would not be very wise thing to do to buy an engine which is not going to be applied in their own planes ...because all of them are buying JSF and EUROFIGHTER is being capped... so it does not seem very logical to invest in such projects.... feel free to disagree:cheers:

Pakistan officially stated it has no intention to produce turbofan engines. However, this does not discount the EJ200 as a potential powerplant for use on JF-17, especially if the RD-93M does not materialize.

Regarding China, I dont think they will sell it to them. Neither would Pakistan have the money nor would Europe willing to trust Pakistan with ToT. They could easily sell ToT to China for another cheaper J-series plane.
What is about trust thing in your mind?
Comment about J series a/cs was not neccessary :toast_sign:

Pakistan at some instance of time will have to go into engine production, its looks idiotic to say that we want to manufacture planes, however, not engines.

If u make everything in a plane but not the engine, it'd still be assembling not 100% manufacturing.

In a hypothetical situation, lets assume, pakistan manufactures everything in JF17 except engines and no one in the world is ready to sell you planes or engines, how'd pakistan make its planes airbourne?

We have to have a state of the art engine with complete TOT.

So in my opinion pakistan must capitalize on this opportunity.

9b6ec1c8fd589ffb0b2550ac743914be.jpg

47e3d06fb4d2f44d5de367d375c62ccf.jpg

welll if india becomes partner .then it will be a little difficult..........

What is about trust thing in your mind?
Comment about J series a/cs was not neccessary :toast_sign:

Already US has suspicion that F-16 was given to China for assisting in development of FC-1 and J-10. US also has informed that Pakistan has re engineered its missile technology to add new missiles with increased distance. Also, there had been links of sales between N.Korea ( a country in US's axis of evil ) and Pakistan.

When I said cheaper J-series, I dont mean condescending way. My line of thinking is the cost of arming. I am not aware of any country able to produce fighter planes at such cheaper prices. And if China and Pakistan can benefit with cost advantage, that would be a serious lead especially if the entire technology can be reverse engineered.

I am wondering whether Europe will be interested in assisting countries that it might go war with (China, N. Korea, etc.)

Pakistan at some instance of time will have to go into engine production, its looks idiotic to say that we want to manufacture planes, however, not engines.

If u make everything in a plane but not the engine, it'd still be assembling not 100% manufacturing.

In a hypothetical situation, lets assume, pakistan manufactures everything in JF17 except engines and no one in the world is ready to sell you planes or engines, how'd pakistan make its planes airbourne?

We have to have a state of the art engine with complete TOT.

So in my opinion pakistan must capitalize on this opportunity.

Yes, eventhough what you are saying makes all sense, it appears to naive person like me that engine development is not easy.

India's LCA had been lingering without any result because of Kaveri engine. Similarly China with its infinitesimal money power also is not successful in development fully non-problematic engine.

Already, you guys got a pretty deal with JF-17. With a unit cost of 15-20 m$, it is very affordable. May be China will be able to get its WS engine working, then probably you guys may be able to get ToT from them.

welll if india becomes partner .then it will be a little difficult..........
EJ200 is not the main option anyways...it's RD-93M

I was told that if anything a more powerful variant of the RD-93 called the RD-93M would be considered if any new powerplant was. Whether that engine is a concept at present, whether it is testing or about to leave the drawing board, whether it is thrust vectoring I don't know. I wasn't told anything more about this engine. I suspect if it is to be eventually be born however, it will probably be a variant of the RD-33MK, which powers the MiG-35. It certainly fits the bill. After all, the major difference between the RD-93 and the RD-33, from which it was developed, is the repositioning of the gearbox to below the engine. I have also heard past word about the PAF looking into TVC for the JF-17, so I guess the case becomes stronger. To me at least the RD-33MK looks like a very good engine, and if the RD-93M is a variant of this powerplant, I think everyone will be very happy.

Usman Ansari

Back
Top Bottom