What's new

EADS awarded support contract for AEW aircraft program by DRDO

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
EADS awarded support contract for AEW aircraft program by DRDO

EADS Defence & Security (DS) will supply consultancy services to the Indian Armed Forces in developing the system architecture of its Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) programme.

EADS has been awarded yesterday a two-digit-million Euro contract by the Indian Defence Research Design Organisation (DRDO) to provide support in the development of system architecture with particular regard to certification and mission equipment optimisation.

“From our systems responsibility for the overall Military Management System of the A400M transport aircraft we have thorough experience in certification of aircraft according to civil and military rules,” explains Bernd Wenzler, CEO of Defence Electronics, an integrated Business Unit of DS. "This, together with our broad technology base in sensors and data fusion makes us the ideal partner for DRDO."

EADS awarded support contract for AEW aircraft program by DRDO : Defense news

EADS seems favorite of HAL and DRDO...first LCA now AWACs...what is next in the menu EUROJET for LCA..?

Possible Jha Jee....very possible...something tells me that they will never take the GEF141 due to to its heavier weight and higher thurst.

EADS seems favorite of HAL and DRDO...first LCA now AWACs...what is next in the menu EUROJET for LCA..?

True, even in fields where they don't have experience like carrier fighters, but it's a good to have such close relations to one of the biggest companies in the aviation field. I still hope for A330 MRTTs and EC Fennec as winners of the tanker and LUH competitions.

Yes i agree...

BTW no news coming about LUH competition..my favorites are Sirkosky and Kazan...

Its time we started a thread on various Helicopter competitions to evaluate the contenders..what say seniors..?

Yes i agree...

BTW no news coming about LUH competition..my favorites are Sirkosky and Kazan...

Its time we started a thread on various Helicopter competitions to evaluate the contenders..what say seniors..?

Are Sikorsky and Kazan in the competition? Bell backed out and the only contendors I know are Eurocopter, Kamov and Agusta Westland. Yes, I also thought about a helicopter competitions news and discussion thread too. Our forces will replace several hundreds of helicopters in this decade, so it would make sens, so go on mate.

Good going DRDO. Now no company develop everything in their own. Sharing/buying of certain technologies, outsourcing and COTS products reduce development time and costs.

Are Sikorsky and Kazan in the competition? Bell backed out and the only contendors I know are Eurocopter, Kamov and Agusta Westland. Yes, I also thought about a helicopter competitions news and discussion thread too. Our forces will replace several hundreds of helicopters in this decade, so it would make sens, so go on mate.

I am opening a thread but until and unless senior members like you and kinetic contribute the thread will not be that informative...
So looking forward to your informative posts..

so it is not again a indiginous project that india always shout for always get supports and help from outside

so it is not again a indiginous project that india always shout for always get supports and help from outside

burnol.jpg

take this.it will support u.u shud protest in u.n

what we burn offf i just wanted to tell the indians always shout for indigenous what indigenous about it u should say we buyed them with t ke comments let the wolrd know that ur more developed and genous which you are not

what we burn offf i just wanted to tell the indians always shout for indigenous what indigenous about it u should say we buyed them with t ke comments let the wolrd know that ur more developed and genous which you are not

You are right boss. DRDO just developed these. We only got some help from americans, europeans, russians, koreans, israel thats all.

del_pines_points.jpg

Feel ok now or need a paper bag?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom