What's new

Dubai Kicks Off Construction of World's Tallest Building—Again (1200m)

lover

Reaction score
Country
India

Construction on what will be the world’s tallest building by 2020 has officially started in Dubai, home to Burj Khalifa, currently world’s tallest man-made structure.
Dubai’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, laid the foundation stone on Oct. 10 for the Tower at Dubai Creek Harbour, according to a statement by the Dubai government’s media office.
“Years ago, we launched Burj Khalifa, the tallest skyscraper in the world," Sheikh Mohammed said in the statement. "Today, we are celebrating the foundation of a new structure that represents another phase in our journey to be at the forefront of growth in various sectors."

LOL...This news is just an eyewash to attract foreign investments and tourists and I highly doubt this will complete. Dubai is going down and I see many people leaving this place everyday, the business has gone down in this part of the world in fact many businesses closing down everyday.

Glad people have realized that this place is not worth living, rents sky high, greedy illiterate locals and no rule of law makes this place a hell on earth for foreigners especially S.Asians.

Wasn't China in the process of making the tallest building in the world?

Dubai is going ahead hoping Expo 2020 will revive its economy .... visited recently Dubai .... they have so SOOO many Offices & Commercial Buildings under construction .... that it seems like they are going ALL in for Expo 2020 .. i have no idea what would happen if it does not go as per plan ..... also have no idea either what would they do AFTER the 2020 with those infrastructure .... i Really hope that they have a long term plan .. coz the current one does not seem sustainable !

Being Muslims, Dubai means business more than religion. Hence such drastic development and peace are in there

First Burj Khaleefa of dubai 2717 ft
dubai_240x180_51462216353.jpg

Then Jeddah Tower of Sauds 3281+ ft
Kingdom_Tower,_Jeddah,_render.jpg

And now this plan

Don't this remind you something..
In a hadith narrated by Imam Bukhari , Prophet(Peace be upon him) said, ‘That the female slave should give birth to her mistress, and you see poor, naked, barefoot shepherds of sheep and goats competing in making tall buildings.’
{Al-Adab al-Mufrad Al-Bukhari by Imam Bukhari}

@Zibago @Horus @waz @Chauvinist @Moonlight @Imran Khan @Zarvan

Back
Top Bottom