What's new

Dubai Airshow 2011

May be the SD-10A range as 70KM is under the ideal set of conditions, a specific altitude and at specific aircraft speed. May be the range increases if its launched from a higher altitude or more speed. Thus range is still debatable, plus who knows they for the time being want to keep the 70Km version for export and keep the higher range version for themselves. Plus, the SD-10A specifications as told in the 2008 Zhuhai Air show showed Operational Range as 70KM.

http://cnair.top81.cn/missiles/SD-10A.jpg

As for the C-802AK thingy, the original C-802 version had something close to 120Km range, then came C-802A version with 180KM and the K designation means that its air launcher version of the missile and not land launched version. So, C-802AK means that its the 180Km range missile which is air launched. C-802KD would means its an air launched version and D designates that its for Land Attack purposes, thus with different seeker tech and may be guidance system also differs. So K means its air launched version and D designates Land Attack version and A is the updated version with 180KM.

Land Attack or Land Launch?

JF-17 took off :D

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

It's climbing vertically now.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Flying upside down :D

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Showing the same manovers as first appearance in defense day :angry:

everybody is talking about the JF-17 in the Arabic forums. And also the new statements from our new defense chief saying that he will completely rebuild the entire Saudi Military from scratch makes one optimistic of us getting the JF-17 for the CAS rule since the Land Forces are looking to open their own air wing.

I agree with you ... ... however I have been thinking and still think it is an illusion - those "smoke-winders" on the F-16 are there for a good reason ... ... we judge speed RELATIVE TO SOMETHING ... ... and that smoke on the F-16 tips does that ... ... with the JFT you only have the sky and the plane itself ... ... difficult for us to have a "feel" of speed. I believe the smoke-winders will improve our PERCEPTION!

I second that, notice in the video where engine is emitting smoke - seems quicker. It's not as fast as the viper but not too slow either, PAF should use smoke-winders, i really don't know why they don't.

DBMtA.jpg

It's supported with RD-93 as the commentary here says!
0.99 Thrust to weight ratio....
Can hold 20,000 Pounds of Weapons in one flight...

It on it's landing gears now..

Woul love to watch the video and listen to the commentary.

In yesterday's the comment was that " ... ... RD-93 ... ... just under 9,000kg of thrust ... ..." I found the "just under" phrase to be too lose! It could mean 8,600kg or 8,950kg. It still least a lot to opinion, so I did not comment on it.

Back
Top Bottom