What's new

DRDO test-fires new ammo for MBT Arjun successfully

He sure did, here is your "chinese" round. Show the same that your DRDO and OFB makes, should have penetration values
OFB website has complete list of tank rounds produced.
DRDO penetration values are classified.

Yes.The reasob that declassification of the penetration values would lead to Pakistan scrapping it's entire armoured fleet.

Are they that threatening? Last i heard they were blowing your tanks and crews pretty bad. Some ammo you have.

Why some measurments are 'approx'. Especially length and dia? Isn't it those stats precise? ?:coffee:

when given by manufacturer, they can offer better estimation.

Somebody please tell me,do we have depleted uranium rounds?

Are they that threatening? Last i heard they were blowing your tanks and crews pretty bad. Some ammo you have.
And you know the reasons already,there are couple of them -
1.The old 2A46M guns on the M1s couldn't withstand the chamber pressure of the newer rounds.
2.Faulty packaging of the charge bags,which made the propellants sip through the seals.Hardly the fault of the designers or that of the design itself!!And it was an old news,the flaws have all but been rectified by now.

No instead tungsten round.
DRDO have produced the mark -1 round with 500 rha, and the new round mark-2 will have 650 rha at 2 km.
Mention the obliquity of the target plates - the plates were placed at 90 degree vertical angles,had they been slopped to say 45 degree,the penetration would have been shallower,since the MkI has become all but obsolete by now.Don't get me wrong,it was good when it first came out in the mid 80s,comparable to then modern DM33 et al but now.................

No instead tungsten round.
DRDO have produced the mark -1 round with 500 rha, and the new round mark-2 will have 650 rha at 2 km.
So in future also we won't devolop du rounds,rt?

Back
Top Bottom