What's new

DRDO test-fires new ammo for MBT Arjun successfully

As usual the reality check gave you a panic attack and you brought the mighty Indian defense industry into equation. Why can't your super defense industry make a basic tank round be it HEAT round or apfsds?
Only If you open your eyes, come out from 2006 and check previous pages of relevant threads.

As usual the reality check gave you a panic attack and you brought the mighty Indian defense industry into equation. Why can't your super defense industry make a basic tank round be it HEAT round or apfsds?

Not really. 120 mm and 125 mm rounds have already been developed and tested. As for the super duper part, the defense ecosystem is developed in certain areas and not in certain. But, specifically with the current point, the ARDE developed rounds for both the 125mm and 120mm are ready. You can check the DRDO newsletters if you have access to them. The current tests for completely different round, a point which I tried to make to you earlier, but you jested.

Not really. 120 mm and 125 mm rounds have already been developed and tested. As for the super duper part, the defense ecosystem is developed in certain areas and not in certain. But, specifically with the current point, the ARDE developed rounds for both the 125mm and 120mm are ready. You can check the DRDO newsletters if you have access to them. The current tests for completely different round, a point which I tried to make to you earlier, but you jested.

Share their Penetration values, against type of target, make and material please to enlighten us all. I hope they have done so against a worthy target, not a poor old T-55.

Only If you open your eyes, come out from 2006 and check previous pages of relevant threads.

Lol, you should go through my posts on this thread properly to understand what I have been saying. Tested versus T-55 means tested against steel armor values ranging between 160-260mm thickness from turret front. Testing the ammo against such mediocre target suggests tremendous lack of confidence in the ammo. Get this bit in your head. The basic rule of testing any ammo or armour is to check its worthiness against a expected target and calculate received values and other properties for final product. The resulting data then helps in improving the product for future applications.

Share their Penetration values, against type of target, make and material please to enlighten us all. I hope they have done so against a worthy target, not a poor old T-55.

Round used were the 120mm (do not remember the distance nor type) and 125 mm was at 2500 mts and penetrates NATO armour. , I think. Production for the 125mm has already begun. That is the statement, I remember. Will get you the exact link for the same.

Last edited:
Round used were the 120mm (do not remember the distance nor type) and 125 mm was at 2500 mts and penetrates NATO armour. , I think. Production for the 125mm has already begun. That is the statement, I remember. Will get you the exact link for the same.

Just for the information, NATO armor is a common term used for armor modules and materials that are commonly used by NATO forces. For example, standard NATO armor vehicles use pretty scanty materials and sheets ranging from 30-40mm to 70-80mm. Overall, the term NATO armor is vague and confusing and only denotes common materials that they use. These materials may or may not be of high quality.

Last edited:

First, its old news and the shell shown here is a copy of Russian bm-42 which, as I have been saying all along, is an obsolete penetrator for quite a while.

Notice how they cleverly omitted the crucial figure from the page, for reference, the performance stats of the shell are:

Accuracy < 0.3 miles
Penetration Can defeat all NATO targets at a range of 2500m and beyond
Range Effective lethal range up to 3000m
Behaviour Functions satisfactorily at extreme climatic condition

See,
no mention of shell penetration values, and angles. They can't because the shell barely reaches 380mm penetration value at zero obliquity at 2 kms.

By the way, the 125mm clone of Israeli IMI round is no longer in production due to quality issues as the company got blacklisted a while ago hence no technology transfer or imptovement to the existing design was possible.

Just for the information, NATO armor is a common term used for armor modules and materials that are commonly used by NATO forces. For example, standard NATO armor vehicles use pretty scanty materials and sheets ranging from 30-40mm to 70-80mm. Overall, the term NATO armor is vague and confusing and only denotes common materials that they use. These materials may or may not be of high quality.

Please dont comment on the subjects where you have no idea off.

NATO targets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
i thought you guys believed in transparency? we have our ammo on the website with penetration values, where is your Arjun's?

You have because China sold the same tank to many others, just like T-90S for TO India. But Arjun is India's own. Just like Type 99 for China.

Back
Top Bottom