What's new

DRDO preparing Vision 2050

1nd1a

Reaction score
“By 2020 industry needs to build systems of the value of close to Rs 2 lakh crore.Agni 5 is only a beginning. DRDO is preparing a roadmap for technology development till 2050 which will be ready soon,” VK Saraswat, director-general of Defence Research & Development Organisation, has said.

Saraswat, also scientific adviser to the defence ministry, was speaking on the opportunities, challenges and strategies industry need to develop to take the nation to the post-Agni 5 level. Incidentally, the day happened to be Saraswat’s birthday.

High Court chief justice Madan B Lokur, who was the chief guest, congratulated the team of scientist on converting a challenge to a technological marvel and game-changer. “After 1989, the Missile Technology Control Regime, countries led by the US, had stopped the supply of critical technologies to India. The DRDO converted this challenge into an opportunity and collaborated with public and private sector industries to develop indigenous Technology. Thanks to the efforts of the scientists, India now has a powerful battery of missiles,” the chief justice said.

Saraswat and his team of scientists were felicitated by the Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (Fappci) CEO Forum here on Saturday. The scientists were Avinash Chander, chief controller, R&D(MSS); AK Chakrabarti, DRDL; SK Chaudhuri, RCI; VG Sekaran, ASL; G Satheesh Reddy, RCI; and RK Gupta, ASL.

DRDO preparing Vision 2050 | idrw.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, DRDO has to improve on time line. Any body say's anything, I believe they are doing us proud even after multiple delays or failed projects. We have to understand the limitations and the funds they receive. I have said it in past and saying it again

Our scientist are not a rabbit(in running), but they are not snail....

:sniper:

In my opinion, DRDO has to improve on time line. Any body say's anything, I believe they are doing us proud even after multiple delays or failed projects. We have to understand the limitations and the funds they receive. I have said it in past and saying it again

Our scientist are not a rabbit(in running), but they are not snail....

:sniper:

I accept what ever you said....they also have to keep there mouth shut....

Back
Top Bottom