What's new

DRDO plans to integrate new Air-to-Air Missile for LCA-Tejas

c-dome1

Reaction score
Country
Israel
DRDO plans to integrate new Air-to-Air Missile for LCA-Tejas Published February 1, 2017 SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK According to DRDO officials, ADA and HAL are contemplating integrating another Short Range Air-to-Air Missile in addition to Python-5 and R-73 air-to-air missiles (AAMs) which have already been integrated with LCA-Tejas. ADA and HAL are looking at MBDA’s ASRAAM has another weapon that is being considered for the aircraft. HAL already as been tasked to integrate the ASRAAM to a helmet mounted display for the air force Jaguar DARIN III upgrade, so no challenges are expected in the integration of the weapon with the Tejas. In 2014, India & UK signed a deal to procure 384 ASRAAM from MBDA to replace the ageing Matra Magic R550, to be integrated onto the SEPECAT Jaguar strike aircraft. Python-5, R-73 and Derby air-to-air missiles at present are AAMs which have been integrated into LCA-Tejas and next AAM selected for LCA-Tejas is indigenously developed Astra BVRAAM which recently has carried out few pre-production trials successfully and will enter mass production soon. The addition of ASRAAM into LCA-Tejas might be to offer IAF choice and combination of AAMS which they will like to use in combat.

idrw.org . Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website , Kindly don't paste our work in other websites http://idrw.org/drdo-plans-to-integrate-new-air-to-air-missile-for-lca-tejas/ .

4th prototype will be shown in Aero India with airframe changes...AA missile..Good going

why? why would they need to do this? the python is a 5th gen wvraam missile and that coupled with the r73 thats a deadly pair of missiles you got there. i wont be surprised to find them trying to attach the mica or worse the meteor.

but honestly this is bad news than good as it means more money, more deleys, and another strike against it.

but who cares right? mbda is getting money so i dont care, keep buying them india.

why? why would they need to do this? the python is a 5th gen wvraam missile and that coupled with the r73 thats a deadly pair of missiles you got there. i wont be surprised to find them trying to attach the mica or worse the meteor.

but honestly this is bad news than good as it means more money, more deleys, and another strike against it.

but who cares right? mbda is getting money so i dont care, keep buying them india.
WHATS WRONG WITH mica or meteor.?

WHATS WRONG WITH mica or meteor.?
nothing is wrong with them, there as good as a missile gets. but there simply doing way to much stuff, focus on the plane once it is inducted then worry about more missiles.

ASRAAM integration was always on cards, once it was selected for Jags. Whats the need to disclose such trivial things ?

If ASRAAM inventory is coming because of the Darin upgrade, then having another type integrated is not a bad idea. You forget, the Jags are old and will retire. The LCA is going to be there for several decades. That inventory will most likely be used by LCA rather than jags.

If ASRAAM inventory is coming because of the Darin upgrade, then having another type integrated is not a bad idea. You forget, the Jags are old and will retire. The LCA is going to be there for several decades. That inventory will most likely be used by LCA rather than jags.
but the jags are being upgraded with the ability for the jags to hold the asraam. also the jags them self will be able to operate in the foreseeable future, there supposed to get the f125 engines. if they are really that old then why are they being re-engined? also i think the integration of the asraam will need to have the involvement of mbda. which the article clearly does not mention.

but the jags are being upgraded with the ability for the jags to hold the asraam. also the jags them self will be able to operate in the foreseeable future, there supposed to get the f125 engines. if they are really that old then why are they being re-engined? also i think the integration of the asraam will need to have the involvement of mbda. which the article clearly does not mention.

dude, despite the upgrades the Jags will go out in about 7 to 10 years. In actual combat I think India will front foot the LCA over the jags and put them in the backburner along with Mig 27s etc. We'll probably put them in defensive. Those things are old and are being upgraded only to keep squadron numbers up. LCA can make good use of the inventory then.

dude, despite the upgrades the Jags will go out in about 7 to 10 years. In actual combat I think India will front foot the LCA over the jags and put them in the backburner along with Mig 27s etc. We'll probably put them in defensive. Those things are old and are being upgraded only to keep squadron numbers up. LCA can make good use of the inventory then.
Jags will be here for a decade and half at least. Role of LCA is different from Jags.

Jags will be here for a decade and half at least. Role of LCA is different from Jags.

Jag phase out will be about 10 years. As of today you need a tetanus shot just looking at them. Role might be different, but LCA can sure use the inventory if needed.

Jag phase out will be about 10 years. As of today you need a tetanus shot just looking at them. Role might be different, but LCA can sure use the inventory if needed.
than why DARIN 3 update?

than why DARIN 3 update?
The Indian Air Force (IAF) took a vital step on Wednesday towards boosting its dwindling fleet of combat aircraft. As MiG-21s and MiG-27s retire, forcing the IAF to close down squadrons, a new avionics upgrade for the nuclear-capable Jaguar strike fighter will let it fly for another two decades.
Currently, 60 Jaguars --- half the fleet --- will be equipped with DARIN-III and the EL/M-2052 AESA radar.
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2016/11/jaguar-fighter-gets-20-year-lease-of.html

Back
Top Bottom