What's new

DRDO cruise missile test fails

Way too many failures. I think this project will be cancelled.

Wrong
the more the failures,
the better the eventual product.

So long as contineous improvement and rootcause analysis is done right.

Wrong
the more the failures,
the better the eventual product.

So long as contineous improvement and rootcause analysis is done right.
It doesn't take almost ten years. Even after ten years project is failing to take off then something very basic is wrong and, in all probability, it would be shut down.

Almost half of the test of this particular missile (Old name Nirbhay) has resulted in failure. This missile is throwing many chellenges in development.

It doesn't take almost ten years. Even after ten years project is failing to take off then something very basic is wrong and, in all probability, it would be shut down.

That is true.

Had this been ready and deployed, it would have a positive impact on India's security. It is talking too long time for development.

Had this been ready and deployed, it would have a positive impact on India's security. It is talking too long time for development.

Initially we were struggling with the guidance system, now once that's sorted, we are struggling with domestic Manik engine.

Initially we were struggling with the guidance system, now once that's sorted, we are struggling with domestic Manik engine.

The problem with Indian missiles and rockets had always been hardwares and not design. Once it failed because wings didn't open. Now Manik. This is a very potent missile but fails to fall in line.

The problem with Indian missiles and rockets had always been hardwares and not design. Once it failed because wings didn't open. Now Manik. This is a very potent missile but fails to fall in line.

Eventually we will succeed, India has been struggling with its engine for a long time. If I'm correct, either Kalyani or L&T developed a similar engine for Nirbhay type of missiles.

Eventually we will succeed, India has been struggling with its engine for a long time. If I'm correct, either Kalyani or L&T developed a similar engine for Nirbhay type of missiles.

Manik is already successfully tested but there are always the chances of failure. It has unfortunately happened in this case. The good thing about Indian weapons is that they delay but when they come out, they are always better than what they were conceptualized. The only bad part is that it is missing the deadlines.

Back
Top Bottom