What's new

Does Size really matter?

think before voicing your thoughts, when Allah can create He can destroy too and more easily, even the latest tech cant protect from storms and earthquakes

Yeah, but earthquakes and storms are not quite accurate, it missed isael by quite wide margin and struck pakistan and japan respectively.

The good old punishment by giving disease also does not work now a days(except in africa)

Size does matter if you and enemy are equipped with same weapons ..or else a lion with sharp teeth and claw can down a big elephant

That is true, but don't discount asymmetric warfare, example Iraq, a 1,000 dollar IED, takes out multi-million dollar Abrams tank out, same is happening in A-stan, a multitude of unwashed illiterate cavemen armed with AK's and RPG's are winning a war with one of the most powerful military machines in the history of the world.

What are they winning really ?

Destroying a target is different from destroying an enemy. The cavemen continue to live in caves while the Americans live some of the most lavish lives possible.

In ancient times there was hardly any flow of information and it's impossible to verify every claim. However, weapons were limited and so was combat. Just swords, shields, bows and cavalry formed the units of warfare. So in ancient times motivation, morale mattered more and in modern times numbers and intelligence matter more.

Not really mate at the end of it behind those massive beasts you will find humans.

Numbers don't matter at all nor does technology provided you have good leadership, strategy and high morale.what would you do if you nation is under attack fight back or just sit and analyse your technological assets ?

Just watch how this brave young man conquers this fort "alone" and makes the technically advanced English suffer.

NAPOLEON(Heroes and villains)part 6 - YouTube

Sir,

You will do good if you were peforming illusion tricks. Currently---all technologically advanced armies have very professional and capable leadership---believe me that is a function of being ahead of others in technology----that is the very reason for being ahead---capable leaders---capable followers----ahead in technology---that is how the equation works.

Is there any id-iot nation in this world who is technologically advance----.

I didnot see the video after I saw the picture showing soldiers in white pants and bayonet rifles----.

The answer to that is---MAXIM MACHINE GUN. Do you want me to give the examples of english invasion of hindustan---how a technicallyh superior white force with fewer soldiers took out armies many times larger armies.

Exclusively, I save my comments for my pakistani colleagues---you my indian colleague, is a welcome addition to the group

Please don't embarrass me

You will do good if you were peforming illusion tricks.
That my friend we call art of war.

Currently---all technologically advanced armies have very professional and capable leadership
there are competitors and then there are winners certainly there are people out there who are smarter than you .

capable leaders---capable followers----ahead in technology---that is how the equation works.
I agree

Is there any id-iot nation in this world who is technologically advance
----
look around your self.

I didnot see the video after I saw the picture showing soldiers in white pants and bayonet rifles
honestly? what annoyed you more the blue coats fighting bravely or the reds deserting the ground.

The answer to that is---MAXIM MACHINE GUN. Do you want me to give the examples of english invasion of hindustan---how a technicallyh superior white force with fewer soldiers took out armies many times larger armies.
be precise. important thing is not having assets it's their proper utilization

Exclusively, I save my comments for my pakistani colleagues---you my indian colleague, is a welcome addition to the group
suit your self

technology, good training and morale can overpower size Stalin himself said that "quality is just fine but quantity has a quality of its own" if you get quantity with the 3 things mentioned above your army would be unstoppable

Size !! hmmmm ... may be

but Training and Practice also yields good results !:kiss3::kiss3::D:D

We had learned that Islam spread during the early days, some with military campaigns against the odds compared to the size of the enemy. Some of the odds were like 10:1 against the Muslims/Sahabas in number and equipment.

The most famous of the generals that led the muslim army was Khalid bin Waleed who never loss a single battle with the muslims, tallying over 100 campaigns.

In modern day warfare are there any such accounts where battles have been won against such odds with such remarkeable leaders/generals?

I think Israel won a war against a bunch of arab nations in the 60s or 70s when they were outnumbered 10 to 1 or 100 to 1. Forgot which one, though I'm sure a google search will help..

So yeah it is possible in modern time. All you need is a cunning, witty man leading the troops who can make the most out of what he has.

faithful guys will say: no it doesnt

atheists or agnostic guy will say: maths and logic say it does also depends on situation and terrain

Bonaparte " morale is to material as three is to one".
But that doesn't mean u can fight tanks with sticks.This applies only when technologically they are at the same level.

Size matters usually if the opponents are evenly matched technologically. Otherwise the inferior in numbers but superior in quality would generally win. But things are a bit more complicated than that. USA was the technologically superior power during Vietnam War. How come they lost it? Sound strategy and good leadership/tactics count as much as technological superiority. Numbers are really not so important.

Size Makes a big difference and is full of life….That is why Size matters....U must ask yourself...HAVE YOU MAKE IT LARGE..... :smitten:

damn..... dude your title is misleading

@Topic --- You can't compare today's Muslims with legends

lol! its not only muslims, history is full of such example when small army had overrun large forces. Its all about tactics and technology. Small number of Alexander force defeated many big forces (That time Islam was not even formed). So please if you are commenting on historical facts, don't include religion into it.

faithful guys will say: no it doesnt

atheists or agnostic guy will say: maths and logic say it does also depends on situation and terrain

Most smart people will take both hand in hand and go "Anything is possible" ;)

There is nothing to discuss here.

Does size matter? - Yes, no doubt.
Does size determine victory? - No, because beside size there are other factors too: leadership, armament, training, morale, luck..

Back
Top Bottom