What's new

Does PN need any separate air-striking force and base?

in the hypothetical case that india and pakistan are fighting a war. china will already be pulling all the diplomatic threads to corner india. so blockading the port wont matter at all. pakistan will not have a secure port just because china uses it.

sir actuly pak don't need Ac. What pakistan need a seprate Air wing which is opreated by PN.
I don't see the reasons for any special arrangements for you to have a naval strike force. Technically, you are a defensive navy with limited territorial waters for an aircraft carrier, meaning that you want to be restricted to just defending your territory. So it would only mean your Navy to buy a few additional fighters is similar PAF configuration, with a small modification of being able to launch ship-focused missiles.

Besides now that you have your own joint venture fighter with Chinese, buying of additional configured fighters of the same type would have economic benefits as well.
Economies of scale to some extent, a wider market for the slightly modified fighters which can be used by coastal defense based navies worldwide as well.

Hi,

What defencive navy are you talking about sir----it is as offencive as it can be under the given resources.

Pak navy is and will never be a defencive force---it may have many limitations due to resources---but in mindset it is an offencive force.

Pak navy must have a seperate wing operated by flyers----coming from air force but wearing the navy flyers uniform and rank---. It will be good for competition and raise the bar of quality and competition between the air force guys and navy flyers---.

The naval flyers ,in due time would become a cherished and sought after position by regular air force jocks---I beleive that it will be good for both the services.

A little off topic

but just as the members are discussing trade routes.

What are the chances of Pakistan leasing a port ( or navel base ) to china? Don't you think during war time India will have to think twice before blocking that port ? in that way the Chinese can have what they are aiming for and in return Pakistan gets one secure port?

Hi,

That is what Gwadar was for---see what happened to pakistan once the intentions became clear----u s will do its utmost best to keep china out of gwadar---it just completely changes the balance of power for the u s----could gwadar port's planning and construction be attached to one of the reasons that the u s is in afg----absolutely.

The chances of pak leasing the port as this time to china are slim to none---.

So Maastan sahab do u think P.N would go for an independant air wing instead of the PAF squadron like in present scenerio?

Hi,

What defencive navy are you talking about sir----it is as offencive as it can be under the given resources.

Pak navy is and will never be a defencive force---it may have many limitations due to resources---but in mindset it is an offencive force.

Pak navy must have a seperate wing operated by flyers----coming from air force but wearing the navy flyers uniform and rank---. It will be good for competition and raise the bar of quality and competition between the air force guys and navy flyers---.

The naval flyers ,in due time would become a cherished and sought after position by regular air force jocks---I beleive that it will be good for both the services.
Sir, those navies that lack carrier capabilities and don't possess the ambition to be a blue water navies are called shore-based/defensive/brown-water navies. Majority of the countries around the world are that and there's nothing derogatory or bad to feel in that.

For instance, Chinese Navy till now had been a coastal defense navy; who had no interest in power projection. However, with its economy growing in leaps and bounds Beijing embarked on a journey to make a blue water navy out of its existing fleet. United States, Britain and France are true blue water navies till now; able to take the battle far away from their home countries. They're the only ones who have proven this capability till now.

Therefore, your Navy's role is primarily to defend your territorial waters.. hence defensive navy.

Sir, those navies that lack carrier capabilities and don't possess the ambition to be a blue water navies are called shore-based/defensive/brown-water navies. Majority of the countries around the world are that and there's nothing derogatory or bad to feel in that.

For instance, Chinese Navy till now had been a coastal defense navy; who had no interest in power projection. However, with its economy growing in leaps and bounds Beijing embarked on a journey to make a blue water navy out of its existing fleet. United States, Britain and France are true blue water navies till now; able to take the battle far away from their home countries. They're the only ones who have proven this capability till now.

Therefore, your Navy's role is primarily to defend your territorial waters.. hence defensive navy.

Hi,

I understand what you are saying---I should have put it in caps---MINDSET---that is what my emphasis was on. Thanks.

So Maastan sahab do u think P.N would go for an independant air wing instead of the PAF squadron like in present scenerio?

Hi,

I have no idea if they would----but if they did---then it would be good for the air force and the navy.

Competition is good---healthy competition between to services does wonders to the quality of the operator and operations.

PAF will never be able to say---'it is not my fight---you take care of it on your own'----or 'god ole boy it happens in war'.

The navy will never be able to complain---you were never there when you were needed the most---you deceived us and we don't appreciate your deception and callous attitude.

It shouldn't cost them anything---maybe something minimal---change the colors of existing sqdrn of planes that you use to naval colors---the uniform and designation----transfer a wing commander to naval colors to take charge.

After doing all that----then let the services go at each other---let the rivalry start---it will be good for the forces.

Hi,

I have no idea if they would----but if they did---then it would be good for the air force and the navy.

Competition is good---healthy competition between to services does wonders to the quality of the operator and operations.

PAF will never be able to say---'it is not my fight---you take care of it on your own'----or 'god ole boy it happens in war'.

The navy will never be able to complain---you were never there when you were needed the most---you deceived us and we don't appreciate your deception and callous attitude.

It shouldn't cost them anything---maybe something minimal---change the colors of existing sqdrn of planes that you use to naval colors---the uniform and designation----transfer a wing commander to naval colors to take charge.

After doing all that----then let the services go at each other---let the rivalry start---it will be good for the forces.

Sir i agree with you. i think Navy should atleast have a separate air wing of 2 or 3 sqds. may be 1 J10 sqd and 2 JF sqds. because thats what we can have .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom