Does Pakistan have any defence against foreign submarines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitefalcon90

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What is Pakistans counter measure against Indian submarines in case of war.

What is Pakistans counter measure against Indian submarines in case of war.
The previous CNS said the PN is working to build a sound-underwater surveillance system. On top of that, the PN uses long-range maritime patrol aircraft (LRMPA), sonar-equipped frigates (F-22P), helicopters, and its own submarines to seek and stop enemy submarines. The PN's strategy will basically build upon these core areas (i.e., SOSUS, LRMPA, ships, helicopters and submarines) with more numbers in the coming years.

The previous CNS said the PN is working to build a sound-underwater surveillance system. On top of that, the PN uses long-range maritime patrol aircraft (LRMPA), sonar-equipped frigates (F-22P), helicopters, and its own submarines to seek and stop enemy submarines. The PN's strategy will basically build upon these core areas (i.e., SOSUS, LRMPA, ships, helicopters and submarines) with more numbers in the coming years.

I have read on this forum that a single American ohio class submarine can level an entire country. Is Pakistan also prepared for American subs?

Darn it all. America is far beyond everyone else it's ridiculous. How far can the Pakistani subs shoot their missiles.

We may not be able to touch their submarines, but knowing USA's capital is israel, we just need to threaten to send our esteemed diplomat Shaheen, and they'll back off, on a serious note though, this is why our Ababeel missile project is so important, if can covertly have an 'Tipu' ICBM version of it, then should such a scenario ever occur in the future we will at least some foundation to stand on, however knowing the American cowardly ways; they'll just go to the sanction route/ regime change...hence i doubt there would be a direct confrontation.

Last edited:
We may not be able to touch the submarines, but knowing USA's capital is israel, we just need to threaten to send of our esteemed diplomat Shaheen, and they'll back off, on a serious note though, this is why our Ababeel missile project is so important, if can covertly have an 'Tipu' ICBM version of it, then should such a scenario ever occur in the future we will at least some foundation to stand on, however knowing the American cowardly ways; they'll just go to the sanction route/ regime change...

But America is the reason Pakistan can't do anything about Israel and their evil ways. Pakistan definitely needs missiles that can strike anywhere in the world.

But America is the reason Pakistan can't do anything about Israel and their evil ways. Pakistan definitely needs missiles that can strike anywhere in the world.

I agree, but we don't have the luxury to showcase it due to a weak economy, since it would just give the west a reason for sanctioning us, we should do what we must, but discreetly.

I agree, but we don't have the luxury to showcase it due to a weak economy, since it would just give the west a reason for sanctioning us, we should do what we must, but discreetly.

Do you think Pakistan already has the missile behind the scenes that we don't know about? Or it's still in process?

Or is it just a wishful thinking by us and pak armed forces aren't even working on something of that magnitude.

Do you think Pakistan already has the missile behind the scenes that we don't know about? Or it's still in process?

Or is it just a wishful thinking by us and pak armed forces aren't even working on something of that magnitude.
Pakistan's deterrence stance is focused on India, no one else. So, I wouldn't expect any missiles with a longer range than what we already have. Rather, the thing to look out for is whether our missile technology evolves so that we can engage our main threat in more ways.

India navy is Well equipped with Submarine hunters in the Indian ocean.

We have dedicated Submarine hunter navy ships and all frigates and destroyers are equipped with Sonar and Torpedos.

Recently, purchased P8i and MH-60R anti-submarine warfare helicopter will be added well bost with Russian submarine hunters " Kamov Ka-27, Kamov Ka-31 and Ilyushin Il-38.

In my opinion I feel It's probably wishful thinking, I think had we such capabilities we would of had a more meaningful space program, and SUPARCO would have been an independent entity by itself i.e. within the civil domain to help dispel any international 'fears' of our offensive ambitions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom