What's new

Do you guys feel scared to sleep alone?

stop watching ghost movies or stories.
I dont have any issue sleeping alone(since my teenage), I do get scared when I watch scary ghost movies but I dont believe them.
I used to be scared of going to toilet at night(toilet was outside the house) when I was a kid because I read too many tiger/man eater stories (Jim Corbett and Kenneth Anderson). :)

Hi guys if similar thread has been discussed earlier then sorry and mods can delete this thread.....

Actually I always wanted to know how other people feel if they have to sleep alone in some hotel room...... due to my job I sometimes have to travel and obviously have to stay in hotels.....

I don't know why but whenever I travel and return to my room at the end of the day toughest part of my travel journey begins.....

My mind unwantedly starts thinking about dead people, ghost stories..... I feel so scared that whole night I'm forced to keep my room lights on and keep TV running.... almost up to 4 am I keep watching action movies to feel better..... I don't even drink a water so I don't have to go to loo alone in the night...... in such cases I end up sleeping till late and it affects my next day schedule..... even at home if I have to stay alone I sleep but can't sleep without lights on..... don't know what to do..... if you guys have such problems please share.....
Get married and have 3 kids. You will want to sleep alone. Ghosts will not scare you any more.

Hi guys if similar thread has been discussed earlier then sorry and mods can delete this thread.....

Actually I always wanted to know how other people feel if they have to sleep alone in some hotel room...... due to my job I sometimes have to travel and obviously have to stay in hotels.....

I don't know why but whenever I travel and return to my room at the end of the day toughest part of my travel journey begins.....

My mind unwantedly starts thinking about dead people, ghost stories..... I feel so scared that whole night I'm forced to keep my room lights on and keep TV running.... almost up to 4 am I keep watching action movies to feel better..... I don't even drink a water so I don't have to go to loo alone in the night...... in such cases I end up sleeping till late and it affects my next day schedule..... even at home if I have to stay alone I sleep but can't sleep without lights on..... don't know what to do..... if you guys have such problems please share.....
Travel to your place of destination early in the morning if you are that uncomfortable sleeping outside your own bedroom. I personally prefer overnight sleep to wake up fresh in the morning even though I am extremely uncomfortable on Hotel Beds as opposed to the comfort of my own bed but well, I'd rather have decent sleep than suffer a very early morning get-up and travel.

I’m sorry to hear you have trouble sleeping - intrusive thoughts before sleep are a symptom of insomnia which like all ailments of the mind have triggers.

Humans are social creatures of habit any deviation from the norm or any situation which causes you anxiety is dealt with what psychologists call System 1 thinking - which is the part of your brain that deals with survival.

1651512331358.png

Now I can’t really comment on fear of sleeping - I’ve slept in the back of a container in the middle of nowhere on more than one occasion and your brain gets used to that.

If you find sleeping in unfamiliar settings concerning - try to take something with you that reminds you of home- it can be a small decorative item - a scented candle or your own pillow case.

Other coping mechanism are to leave a nightlight on or leave the TV/ Radio playing in the background.

You may think that these coping strategies are nonsense but there is science behind them.

Never had a problem. I'm out like a light as soon as my head hits a pillow.

If it helps, the most dangerous and evil being created is man. If you are safe from man - you'll likely have a good night.
Exactly. My biggest fear is friends wanting to crash in my hotel room when travelling. God does that piss me off.

I'm already married my friend 😂
I don't understand how you still have fear bandwidth for ghosts.

stop watching ghost movies or stories.
I dont have any issue sleeping alone(since my teenage), I do get scared when I watch scary ghost movies but I dont believe them.
I used to be scared of going to toilet at night(toilet was outside the house) when I was a kid because I read too many tiger/man eater stories (Jim Corbett and Kenneth Anderson). :)

You know speaking of horror movies / stories - during one of our training exercises - we stayed in what the locals believed to be a very haunted place - now I’m not disputing that haunted places exist but I don’t normally go looking for trouble.

All I know is that there was something or someone definitely there with us that night 😂

You know speaking of horror movies / stories - during one of our training exercises - we stayed in what the locals believed to be a very haunted place - now I’m not disputing that haunted places exist but I don’t normally go looking for trouble.

All I know is that there was something or someone definitely there with us that night 😂

I am still wake up now in Jakarta, around 2 AM in the morning, alone in a room, while browsing internet. After I posted that horror movie in this thread, I see some thing coming to my room....I though it was animal but after I check nothing there.........:sad:

I am still wake up now in Jakarta, around 2 AM in the morning, alone in a room, while browsing internet. After I posted that horror movie in this thread, I see some thing coming to my room....I though it was animal but after I check nothing there.........:sad:
Don’t worry my friend - most of the time it’s your mind playing tricks on you. Like I said - I have slept in some very remote places and I’m still alive to tell the tale.

Allah knows best.

Don’t worry my friend - most of the time it’s your mind playing tricks on you. Like I said - I have slept in some very remote places and I’m still alive to tell the tale.

Allah knows best.

Djin is exist, I think many Westerners like to said something like what you have said to make people not worried, but the reality is that Djin is exist, Satan is also exist. If we dont believe it, then we are not among the believers.

I have seen one of my family gets possess by Djin for example

The main thing that Muslim should do is to believe that Allah is greater than anything and He is very close to us. Believers is also stronger than Satan because Believers has strongest backer who is God Himself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom