What's new

Do India's Space Program and Mars Mission Make Sense?

It's a shame that our "babus" will never get that. There is no shortage of people to deliver, only if few illiterate ministers can get their head out of their arses and do something for the nation.

I know about SUPARCO, you don't need to educate no one here. They are just a bunch of statisticians / data scientists trying to pretend as rocket scientists. Most of the rocket research is locked up with other capable organization, which I know, and know for a fact that they can launch a fully capable PSLV within few months. Then again, if the retarded babus wake up.

Impact of ISRO on Indian economy will be beyond hundreds of billions, accounting accurate weather predictions for optimum crops yield, navigation for transports, communication links aiding our service based Industry, Defense and much more.

ISRO spends only 7% of its budget on space exploration. In 50 years from now when US China EU India will have base on Moon and Mars Riaz Haq would still be arguing whether Mars mission was worth it. :D

It's a shame that our "babus" will never get that. There is no shortage of people to deliver, only if few illiterate ministers can get their head out of their arses and do something for the nation.

I know about SUPARCO, you don't need to educate no one here. They are just a bunch of statisticians / data scientists trying to pretend as rocket scientists. Most of the rocket research is locked up with other capable organization, which I know, and know for a fact that they can launch a fully capable PSLV within few months. Then again, if the retarded babus wake up.

It surprise me why there is not even a single PSLV flight from SUPARCO, that too when Pakistan has moved ahead in Missile technology..... Probably the priorities are different.....

Forget about any other advantage. You can not even brand India in 450 crore rupees by hiring the best branding agency the way Mars Mission has branded India. The way we have advertised and branded ourselves by this mission is awesome.

With GSLV MkIII, we will have the ability to launch 10,000 kg payload in LEO and 4000 in GEO, that'll earn a big chunk of business for major international space launch. Last time i heard, ISRO is looking for another suitable launch sites, as one launch site is inadequate to satisfy the present and future demands.

And not to forget the air breathing Avatar RLV, which can place 1000 kg satellites in LEO for as low as $70 USD per kg.

They are just a bunch of statisticians / data scientists trying to pretend as rocket scientists. Most of the rocket research is locked up with other capable organization, which I know, and know for a fact that they can launch a fully capable PSLV within few months.

Thats the sad bit. Several talented and deserving students graduating from Universities look towards society to provide them opportunity to use their skills, earn a living for themselves and in process create value for the very society that made them what they are. In absence of this, they venture out to greener pastures and earn what they truly are destined for albeit in a different country, only for people back home to sadly crib about them.

Yara, all that is fine, however, Avatar RLV and other similar platforms are still on the drawing board. I'm following GSLV development up close. Let's see what happens with MkIII. It will be a true test of ISRO's engineers.

With GSLV MkIII, we will have the ability to launch 10,000 kg payload in LEO and 4000 in GEO, that'll earn a big chunk of business for major international space launch. Last time i heard, ISRO is looking for another suitable launch sites, as one launch site is inadequate to satisfy the present and future demands.

And not to forget the air breathing Avatar RLV, which can place 1000 kg satellites in LEO for as low as $70 USD per kg.

Last edited:
Dude, you don't get it. Those 'greener pastures' are also within Pakistan and they are grazing on them as we chat here. The only thing is, those aren't 'civilian pastures'.... try to get the drift!

Thats the sad bit. Several talented and deserving students graduating from Universities look towards society to provide them opportunity to use their skills, earn a living for themselves and in process create value for the very society that made them what they are. In absence of this, they venture out to greener pastures and earn what they truly are destined for albeit in a different country, only for people back home to sadly crib about them.

No comment on that one.......

What organizations are those?

Yara, all that is fine, however, Avatar RLV and other similar platforms are still on the drawing board. I'm following GSLV development up close. Let's see what happens with MkIII. It will be a true test of ISRO's engineers.

Even with conservative estimates, Avatar will take another decade to be fully operational for commercial applications. Even then, a decade in Aerospace research is nothing. Good thing is, they have a vision and following it. Even the British Skylon in 6-7 years away from reality. We can live with the shame of being 3-4 years behind developed world. :D

Dude, you don't get it. Those 'greener pastures' are also within Pakistan and they are grazing on them as we chat here. The only thing is, those aren't 'civilian pastures'.... try to get the drift!

No comment on that one.......
Oh, you meant military organizations. I thought Pakistan had independent space focused organizations like NTRO but more into research than analysis.
For example we have NTRO which was made so that it could analyze the photographs and data from ISRO for military purposes.

Yara, have you studied skylon a bit? Feels mostly like horse manure. I will believe it when I see a valid engine test! :D

If you ask me, it is very much plausible. But since i'm not a mechanical engineer, i can't comment on the stress and the vibration generated by the air frame at mach 5-6.

Could have fed 74 Million people food for some time ... instead of taking pictures of mars

We are no commie, homie. :D

If i had the authority, i'd had made something like this for our PSLV. Launching from near the equator can save us huge sum of money, and make space launch cheaper.

cf166d15597ca72bea82d9da8523f977.jpg

I am. Not just the vibrations, what about the fluid dynamics at such v's / structural integrity vs maneuverability?........... no one has been able to crack it truly to this date. Yes, on much smaller vehicles (most of which didn't perform well either). I mean I don't want to be so negative, however, they have everything going against them at those velocities. If they do crack it, it will benefit humanity immensely. So, yes, not implausible, however, improbable.

If you ask me, it is very much plausible. But since i'm not a mechanical engineer, i can't comment on the stress and the vibration generated by the air frame at mach 5-6.

Good night people. Haven't slept! :D

I am. Not just the vibrations, what about the fluid dynamics at such v's / structural integrity vs maneuverability?........... no one has been able to crack it truly to this date. Yes, on much smaller vehicles (most of which didn't perform well either). I mean I don't want to be so negative, however, they have everything going against them at those velocities. If they do crack it, it will benefit humanity immensely. So, yes, not implausible, however, improbable.

It doesn't have to be maneuverable. Structural integrity can be questioned. But a lot of water has passed under the bridge since SR-71 Blackbird.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom