What's new

Discover the Pakistan Army Museum

Sorry guys, some errors occurred but now the link restored, it's all digital process but for the keen enthusiasts, there's a treasure of informations to discover.

Its the first time I am seeing an official sort of Pakistani website that is not hard on the eyes.

In fact it looks cool. Thank you !

Used to go there practically every day as a kid. A lot has changed since then.
The only time i visited was in 2002, although due to security reasons it was closed to public but managed to get access with a special pass. What really surprised me was the size of a 2000 pound bomb, the damn thing was almost as tall as me. General Ayub's official limo also makes an impressive sight.

Do you mean you are too short or the bomb was too tall? I am confused. :what:
Haha....I'm 5' 11'' and this image should give you a rough idea of a 2000 pounder.

MK-84.jpg

Holy Damn, Why Not Make A Better Pak Army Website With All Sorts Of Cool ISPR Videos...

Damn these Isolated Media Guys Need To Get More Attention AfuckinSAP!

Pak Army Trophy.PNG

This image is the property of isolated media, i don't own so don't screw me please :P

is it open for public now?
and can someone give me info about services book club?

any thread.... related to afia siddiqi? latest one which include her arrest circumstances plus her possibe case leads...

any thread.... related to afia siddiqi? latest one which include her arrest circumstances plus her possibe case leads...
unfortunately, her case is gone for good unless somehow some startling evidence is found which is highly unlikely, or the Govt of Pakistan tries seriously to do something, But Nawaz Sharif Bin Abdul Aziz is busy in his real home, KSA

I see a contradiction on the Museum's site. This is what it says .. (extracts only ) :

FALSIFYING THE INDIAN CLAIMS

It has been widely propagated and falsely believed that 93,000 officers and men of Pakistan Armed Forces surrendered in East Pakistan. Nothing could be far from the reality.

After considerable attrition in about ten months of fighting, the total number of army persons who surrendered in East Pakistan could not be more than 32,000 by any calculation. There were hardly about 8,000 – 10,000 more people in different categories like Scouts, Mujahids and civilians. The local force viz East Pakistan Civil Armed Forces (EPCAF), raised to replace the East Pakistan Rifles, comprised of locals mainly non-Bengalis, who joined their families as the war ended. As regards civilians, there were a very small number of senior bureaucrats, the junior lot being the locals. As far as civilian families are concerned there were hardly any because they had already been shifted to their native areas during the period of turmoil.

How this figure of 93,000 was concocted and what were the motives can be judged from the fact that India took two weeks to pick up these prisoners from different parts of East Pakistan.

Pakistan Army has also been falsely charged with heinous atrocities in East Pakistan during 1971. An impartial observer must count the number of non-Bengalis living in East Pakistan on 1 February 1971 and as to how many were left after two months i.e. by the end of April 1971 when the Army managed to restore some order in the area and as to what had happened to the rest. Pakistan Army, comprising of about 30,000 men including some reinforcements that had been flown by air, was tasked to restore normalcy.

A force could never have stooped so low as to indulge in any immoral and tyrannical acts. Pakistan Army had been brought up and trained in the noblest traditions of Islam. Friends and foes alike had been all admiration for their conduct, discipline, courage, bravery, moral and ethical attributes and strength of character.

To sum up, the total strength of the Pakistani prisoners in Indian camps was not more than 40,000. In this, about 30,000 to 32,000 belonged to Pakistan Army, about 5,000 – 6,000 were from the Civil Armed Forces i.e. three Scouts and four Rangers wings, two Mujahid battalions, a small number of Air Force, Naval and Police elements and very few civilians.

The figure of 93,000 was concocted simply to defame and demoralize Pakistan Army. Their repatriation to their homeland was spread over about eight months making sure that the personnel of those units who served in East Pakistan could not get together. Repatriation of huge numbers of prisoners was trumpeted to deceive people and claim undue glory for the Indian Invaders.

If the above were true, why would Govt of Pakistan issue this postage stamp in 1972 ?

a23320e807f26800195c4de34ef9ec9a.jpg

Hello forum:
Happy Eid Mubarak to to all of you and Pak Army:
We standby on this occasion of sorrow and grief for the families of Martyres, and School Children. We are with the families on Eid and pray for return of happiness to them. God bless them.
SMIQBAL
ssssmiqbal@gmail.com

I see a contradiction on the Museum's site. This is what it says .. (extracts only ) :

FALSIFYING THE INDIAN CLAIMS

It has been widely propagated and falsely believed that 93,000 officers and men of Pakistan Armed Forces surrendered in East Pakistan. Nothing could be far from the reality.

After considerable attrition in about ten months of fighting, the total number of army persons who surrendered in East Pakistan could not be more than 32,000 by any calculation. There were hardly about 8,000 – 10,000 more people in different categories like Scouts, Mujahids and civilians. The local force viz East Pakistan Civil Armed Forces (EPCAF), raised to replace the East Pakistan Rifles, comprised of locals mainly non-Bengalis, who joined their families as the war ended. As regards civilians, there were a very small number of senior bureaucrats, the junior lot being the locals. As far as civilian families are concerned there were hardly any because they had already been shifted to their native areas during the period of turmoil.

How this figure of 93,000 was concocted and what were the motives can be judged from the fact that India took two weeks to pick up these prisoners from different parts of East Pakistan.

Pakistan Army has also been falsely charged with heinous atrocities in East Pakistan during 1971. An impartial observer must count the number of non-Bengalis living in East Pakistan on 1 February 1971 and as to how many were left after two months i.e. by the end of April 1971 when the Army managed to restore some order in the area and as to what had happened to the rest. Pakistan Army, comprising of about 30,000 men including some reinforcements that had been flown by air, was tasked to restore normalcy.

A force could never have stooped so low as to indulge in any immoral and tyrannical acts. Pakistan Army had been brought up and trained in the noblest traditions of Islam. Friends and foes alike had been all admiration for their conduct, discipline, courage, bravery, moral and ethical attributes and strength of character.

To sum up, the total strength of the Pakistani prisoners in Indian camps was not more than 40,000. In this, about 30,000 to 32,000 belonged to Pakistan Army, about 5,000 – 6,000 were from the Civil Armed Forces i.e. three Scouts and four Rangers wings, two Mujahid battalions, a small number of Air Force, Naval and Police elements and very few civilians.

The figure of 93,000 was concocted simply to defame and demoralize Pakistan Army. Their repatriation to their homeland was spread over about eight months making sure that the personnel of those units who served in East Pakistan could not get together. Repatriation of huge numbers of prisoners was trumpeted to deceive people and claim undue glory for the Indian Invaders.

If the above were true, why would Govt of Pakistan issue this postage stamp in 1972 ?

a23320e807f26800195c4de34ef9ec9a.jpg
because Bhutto was also involved in the Propaganda

Back
Top Bottom