Pakistan
m_pg22ihsaniah.jpg

ru_01.3.jpg

DSCN3262.JPG

Guys check out this mosque in Malaysia @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @WebMaster

Last edited by a moderator:
It just doesn't have a minaret I think!

No it is made of baboons

This unique Masjid built and woven with bamboo wall is named “The Ihsaniah Iskandariah Masjid” located in Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Malaysia . It was first built in 1936, funded by the late Almarhum Paduka Seri Sultan Iskandar Shah, the 30th Sultan of Perak.

. The Masjid is broadly cube-shaped and has a flat roof. The walls, made of kelarai (woven bamboo) in a diamond motif, were produced by local villagers. It is the only Masjid in Malaysia (and possibly in the world) to have woven bamboo walls.

This Masjid had 20 windows resembling bird cages, with those on the ground floor built higher to provide privacy for the congregation. The many windows made for a comfortable atmosphere, with good lighting and air ventilation.Every window is carved with these motifs: a shark’s gill, bean shoots, a crescent and five-pointed star. Every wood joint is decorated with a carved motif of the tikam seladang flower (Vallaris glabra).

The first floor of the Masjid was used as a prayer hall, which could accommodate up to 200 people at any one time, while the ground floor was for meetings and community activities.

This Masjid has not been in use since 1976 after being partly damaged by a fallen durian tree, but was recently rescued and conserved by the Perak Department of National Heritage in 2008.

1.Our late Maulana Bhashani had mosque built near his residence in Santosh unlike any I have seen. It is just a square cemented floor with a very high tin roof in the traditional BD style. There is no wall or partition. It's as simple as that. The Maulana would be meeting people there and carry out most of his office / organizational work there. And all would break for prayers when the time came.

2. I have actually seen this amazing scene. On that day a Hindu man came in inside the mosque to seek his blessings for a disease he was suffering from. Of course he was clean and took of his shoes. Then I saw the Maulana reading a surah / verse and blowing into a pot of water the man carried. Immediately after the man left I charged the Maulana for doing something Islam did not permit. His explanation was simple and convinced me. The man has walked miles to reach him. It is possible he will be better because of the psychological boost he had given. If he had not done so, the would have returned with a broken heart and fallen sick further. He was totally illiterate and not even a Muslim. What else could the Maulana do under the circumstances?

No it is made of baboons

This unique Masjid built and woven with bamboo wall is named “The Ihsaniah Iskandariah Masjid” located in Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Malaysia . It was first built in 1936, funded by the late Almarhum Paduka Seri Sultan Iskandar Shah, the 30th Sultan of Perak.

. The Masjid is broadly cube-shaped and has a flat roof. The walls, made of kelarai (woven bamboo) in a diamond motif, were produced by local villagers. It is the only Masjid in Malaysia (and possibly in the world) to have woven bamboo walls.

This Masjid had 20 windows resembling bird cages, with those on the ground floor built higher to provide privacy for the congregation. The many windows made for a comfortable atmosphere, with good lighting and air ventilation.Every window is carved with these motifs: a shark’s gill, bean shoots, a crescent and five-pointed star. Every wood joint is decorated with a carved motif of the tikam seladang flower (Vallaris glabra).

The first floor of the Masjid was used as a prayer hall, which could accommodate up to 200 people at any one time, while the ground floor was for meetings and community activities.

This Masjid has not been in use since 1976 after being partly damaged by a fallen durian tree, but was recently rescued and conserved by the Perak Department of National Heritage in 2008.

a Masjid made of Baboons :omghaha:

zoo_baboons03.jpg

(sorry bro, could not resist)

A mosque can be of any shape or architecture as long it doesn't have any pictures and statues of deities.

Ever seen a Chinese mosque?

Though, my personal favorite is Gothic architecture :D

A mosque can be of any shape or architecture as long it doesn't have any pictures and statues of deities.

Ever seen a Chinese mosque?

Though, my personal favorite is Gothic architecture :D
Mine too... I like flying buttresses!

Back
Top Bottom