What's new

Diego Garcia US Navy base near South Asia

VelocuR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Last edited:
Its been a military base since the 1960s (according to Wiki). Its probably being used to monitor China's naval movement. Other than that, the US already has a naval base right in the middle of the middle east, Bahrain. US 5th Fleet.

This Naval/ airbase is a strategic foothold for the US-UK axis powers, it is located perfectly in central Indian ocean. East of Africa, South of Asia, West of Australia, it provides great safety and oversight to Indian ocean activity.

If there ever be a World War 3 in Asia rest assure you will hear the name Diego Garcia Naval base much often. As it will be a striking launch point for the US-UK Naval powers.

And Yes it is a permanent base, the fact that it is a permanent base should offer ideas on what the intentions are.

Say what you want against U.S.A. (and mostly they deserve it) but you must admit that they are very clever...their foreign policy never changed (Obama Change is just a silly joke) and obviously they dam care about anyone else, important to them are only american interests!:rolleyes:

So the rest of the world must take the apropriate measures to safe guard their @ss!:bunny:

You can see the island and the bombers with google earth. It is their major outpost for B52 and B2 stratigic bombers in this aera of the world. Rumors also say that there might be a prison for captured enemies too, perfectly located far away of media and public.

No it's not...don't worry.It was built for bombing Russia India or China during Cold War.

It is threat to us, damn it.

indeed it is we Pakistan's like to ingore the fact that America is a foe not our friend and we are more like doing work of prostituation we should be ashmed of ourselves for helping them with NATO supplies we are nor better than Kuffars.We must not ingnore the US intentions we have scarifised our soveringnity.

Really, in my clear view, If Musharraf refused to be sided with US after 9/11, will USA going to bomb Pakistan from the Diego Garcia? I have seen in the media regarding bombing Pakistan. We must NOT ignored it and keep eyes on it. I understood, they are using for attacking Russia or China or India during Cold War but now it is changing games and more clever games.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan
Musharraf would have never said no and i can assure America will not attack Pakistan.In the long term we are their ally.

Musharraf would have never said no and i can assure America will not attack Pakistan.In the long term we are their ally.

Its myth u can't trust America. It was never ur friend nor with india in future. Its a oppurtunist country.:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

NO ONE IS FRIEND OR FOE!

Because when we call someone friend we expect from them and when we call some one foe we think of them as bad. I think we should consider every contry a potent friend and foe at the same time and try building our selves up to that level where we dont need to care for enemies.

BTW, does any one know the range of this island from mainland Pakistan? I was wondering, would out missiles reach there? because if they do.....

NO ONE IS FRIEND OR FOE!

Because when we call someone friend we expect from them and when we call some one foe we think of them as bad. I think we should consider every contry a potent friend and foe at the same time and try building our selves up to that level where we dont need to care for enemies.

BTW, does any one know the range of this island from mainland Pakistan? I was wondering, would out missiles reach there? because if they do.....

Diego Garcia is about 2,500 nm from Islamabad. Sorry, your missiles will not reach the base.....

diego garcia is one of those few issues that have soured the Indo-Us relationship for a long time now...we've always been skeptical of a military base so close.

What I meant w bu asking the range was to say that it is not a very big threat for Pakistan and India as any of these ccountries can cause a lot of damage to this facility by using their ballistic Missiles. and 2500 km or 1800 doesnt matter. Pakistan can reach much further.

Back
Top Bottom